BOS Voting Intentions: 2013 Federal Election (2 Viewers)

House of Representatives first preference

• Liberal / National

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Greens

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Katter's Australia Party

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Palmer United Party

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other Minor Party

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
hahahhaha people actually believe this hahahaha my god
gl have fun competing against the cream of the crop of academia. You should look at the resumes and personal statements for some kids going to harvard, puts most of us plebs to shame.

Your parents could spend thousands of dollars for you to get into uni, but once you get there you can flunk out and be an asshat whenever you want. It's not about how hard uni is, it's more about the discipline.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
gl have fun competing against the cream of the crop of academia. You should look at the resumes and personal statements for some kids going to harvard, puts most of us plebs to shame.

Your parents could spend thousands of dollars for you to get into uni, but once you get there you can flunk out and be an asshat whenever you want. It's not about how hard uni is, it's more about the discipline.
Absolutely, but I was laughing at your idea that the old boy club system no longer exists.

Garygaz

HSC
can confirm - was in london recently and met a friend of dad who is old boy from sydney grammar and rhodes scholar. apparently a part of the selection process is an interview with the board who are also all ex-rhode scholars - so it's a self perpetuating circle jerk of rich kids.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Im convinced Abbott would reintroduce the white australia policy if he could

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
[
Getting in is one thing, but finishing a degree is a whole seperate story. He got into harvard and yale. Nowadays ivy leagues don't give two shits about money and legacy, those old boys club days are long gone.
No...

I assumed it would be shorten as opposition leader now tbh
Probs not.
People don't like Shorten that much because he has backflipped on things, very poorly (the KRudd/JG thing)

Plibersek ~maybe~
but because of the Julia thing
Albanese will be more likely because male

QUOTE=isildurrrr1;6405136]gl have fun competing against the cream of the crop of academia. You should look at the resumes and personal statements for some kids going to harvard, puts most of us plebs to shame.

Your parents could spend thousands of dollars for you to get into uni, but once you get there you can flunk out and be an asshat whenever you want. It's not about how hard uni is, it's more about the discipline.[/QUOTE]Look, that's not really right...
rich people do really well

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Im convinced Abbott would reintroduce the white australia policy if he could
That cultural policy change (although not necessarily skin colour) would be good.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Absolutely, but I was laughing at your idea that the old boy club system no longer exists.
not as much influence anymore. ivy's have so much money they just select the cream of the crop. even having legacy won't help you out anymore getting into those schools. most of this evidence is based off of a cornell exchange student who's legacy. A lot of it has to do with your extracurriculars and personal statement to get into those schools. everybody applying has fly ass grades anyway.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Getting in is one thing, but finishing a degree is a whole seperate story. He got into harvard and yale. Nowadays ivy leagues don't give two shits about money and legacy, those old boys club days are long gone.
yes legacy doesn't matter anymore oh wait [1] [2]. yes, on the evidence they're nowhere near as important as they used to be, but they're still important. bush went to yale in 1964, and harvard in 1973 when they were far more important, so this is poor evidence of his general intelligence. yes, it's harder to buy your way in anymore, but money continues to, and will always, help - particularly for doing extracurriculars such as volunteering.

no, i don't think bush is as incredibly stupid as some like to think, but i think he was certainly a stooge.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yes legacy doesn't matter anymore oh wait [1] [2]. yes, on the evidence they're nowhere near as important as they used to be, but they're still important. bush went to yale in 1964, and harvard in 1973 when they were far more important, so this is poor evidence of his general intelligence. yes, it's harder to buy your way in anymore, but money continues to, and will always, help - particularly for doing extracurriculars such as volunteering.

no, i don't think bush is as incredibly stupid as some like to think, but i think he was certainly a stooge.
A stooge to who though?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
A stooge to who though?
donald rumsfeld, dick cheney and karl rove are the big names. josh bolten, john bolton, paul wolfowitz, william kristol, irving kristol. the list goes on.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

Yeah because parents that had high end education wouldn't push their kids down the same path at all.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Yeah because parents that had high end education wouldn't push their kids down the same path at all.
there is absolutely nothing in my statement that is incompatible with him being pressured into going to yale (bush sr. was skull & bones) and harvard by his parents

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like Shorten will become labor leader. I would have preferred albanese

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)