BOW of 2009 : New Year, New Works :) (1 Viewer)

sforsilence

HSC
I'm making an alphabet book. Drawing the whole thing with black ink pen/fine liner.

The theme is an Alphabet of Fear, Pain and Little Things that we Forget.

It's about those little things that humans are scared of, hurt by and the things we take for granted. Im basically trying to make a point that everything we feel is the same, we all have fears and anxieties but a lot of people don't realise that they're not alone. THere's always something out there to relate to and find solace in.

I may have worded that terribly... haha.

Im making the words very simple so its still got that element of child innocence but the characters/objects in it will depict those feelings mentioned above.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
I'm planning on doing a series of portraits that focus on three main figures and their various stages of 'undress'.
My BOW will attempt to explore the importance and depth of popular perceptions and notions of beauty today, especially those portrayed by mainstream culture.

I don't want to go too much into it because I am not completely certain myself of what I want to do (eek) and thus will probably spurt some really confused explanation.

Everyone else's ideas sound great so far!

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
@ phosphorescent JEMAINE PIZZA!!!!! :D 8D

Mine's going to be a series of photographs of my little sister at her work....she has an uncommon hobby :p

johnny_boy101

HSC
ok... i need a addy pic... um im doing me, as in what makes me me.... it will be called "who am I?" and ive got like heaps of photos and drawings already... working on my VAD at this piont...

LasagnaBoy

HSC
Im doing an artwork that resembles how everyones lives contrast and "how everyone has their own story to tell" with a bunch of things that are a reflection of me.
im a lil unsure on the media but im thinking of using water colours although alot of practice is in order.

im trying to do alot of sketches and alot of planning e.g drawing an image and writing around it its purpose and what it is. My art teacher said its good to kepp building on ideas and try and do things that arent cliche' and always be able to explain what you do in an artwork has a purpose.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
@ phosphorescent JEMAINE PIZZA!!!!! :D 8D

Mine's going to be a series of photographs of my little sister at her work....she has an uncommon hobby :p
HAHA YEAH!

"I made you a pizza, Jemaine."
"I'm not hungry."

:D

Okay, back to VA. Haha.
Your work sounds intriguing, tell us more :O

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
I've missed the last three episodes and it's killing me hahaha

Her hobby (and work) is acrobatics ;) Specializing in trapeze and unicycle. And she's photogenic to the extreme so I'm lucky :D

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
the bow is due 7th of september ... yikes!

anyways im doing a portait of my family using oil pastels, its kind of a bit hard to explain and i hate how everyone keeps asking me what am i doing. :evilfire:

Brontozaurus

HSC
I'm doing a flash animation about a guy who somehow ends up in a world inhabited by monsters. It's intended to reflect the skill of mankind at imagining supernatural terrors.

themerald

HSC
Im going doseries of lino prints...but i don't have any real solid ideas for what im going to put on them yet. Does anyone have any ideas how works that are only aesthetically pleasing go? ones that don't have great mental processes behind them?

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
My teacher said great technical execution OR a great idea were good enough if the other criteria was adequate. So if they're really beautiful who cares if the idea isn't 'deep'?

MrsLucia

HSC
I got sick of teachers getting us to analyse nonsensical artworks, so my BOW is themed on
'What is art?"
Basically Its purpose is to be nonsensical-
In non art speak, I get to make whatever I want and not have to eb confined by medium, form, amount, concept.
Best thing I could've done with all my other work to do aswell.
:)

hannahcheeseman

HSC
My work is about happiness and I'll be painting a series of portraits.

And also, did anyone else here go to the NAS HSC Intensive Studio Practice Course in July/October? If so, what course did you do and did you find it helpful?
Because I was in painting and I thought it was absolutely brilliant and I learnt so so so much.
yeah i went to NAS and did digital imaging. it was so so good but now i'm having trouble sticking to an idea for my BOW. i was so much easier at NAS cause like we had 4 days and couldn't really change our idea but now its hard to stick to one idea.
well thats what I think anyway

xTJx

HSC
My work is basically about societies perception of a 'perfect family'. I'm doing it through an advertisment (using photography and minipulation) form to show the exaggeration and fact that its an oppinion based problem... It's much more complicated really but thats the easiest way to explain it.

Bites

HSC
I'm doing a film based around magazine editing, skeletons, the surreal and tapes, all in the form of a story through a song i choose to use. My art teacher is so happy, i'll upload my example piece to youtube when i get home!

:D

Tom E

HSC
I'm using hell & heaven, the devil and god, etc and poverty. I am trying to use these showing stuff like Africa is hell, and Robert Mugabe is Satan, America is heaven, Obama is God, etc...

I am using a number or drawings, with pencil. But im not sure if i should colour in some parts of the paintings with oil/ acrylic paint, like the movie Sin City, to show stuff like there eyes, and the fire in hell.. Or if i should use charcoal in some parts to make that bit stand out.

If anyone has any thoughts (good, bad, etc) it would greatly appreciated.

Thankyou :)

lauren-09

HSC
i am doing a collection of internal self portrait
in style of abstract expressionism
:)

Gdedaj

Procrastinator
HSC
Everyones ideas are so interesting!
Well, i still don't have a firm concept, but i've made a few works already.
Most of mine are drawings in pencil/graphite/charcoal that are portraits of people in some kind of emotional turmoil.
They range in style and techniques to. eg crosshatching, realism etc. Most are really tonal though.
I just need to come up with a strong concept, maybe cull a few, and add a few.

Any ideas?

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
I am trying to use these showing stuff like Africa is hell, and Robert Mugabe is Satan, America is heaven, Obama is God, etc...
Are you serious? Do you realise how much is wrong with this idea? Are you a troll?
Ffffff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)