Boxing Day Sales (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Who is going? Who is working? What are you going to buy? What did you buy? Tell all here!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I usually go to the boxing day sales in the city, but this year I couldn't be bothered fighting with 1000's of people. So, I'll just go to Macquarie tomorrow and see whats on special, probably nothing too flash though.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hrmm yeah im still thinking,
dont wanna be pushed and shoved lol
and i never find anything good!

but i would love a pair of sunnies and shooooooes!

HSC
im going to batemans bay tomorrow for holidays, but before we go, my mum and i are going to have a look at the sales! i need some good shoes and sunnies too...

HSC
N/A
I'm going tomorrow! :D I am going to be super-cut if I don't get at least one nice piece of eveningwear. A top would be nice, even a dress... whatever it is, I need SOMETHING that is suitable for night time social events, preferably suitable for salsa as well. I'm leaving the house in 6 1/2 hours... will update this post when I get back! Cross your fingers and hope that I come back with good stuff!

Iago

HSC
yup i'm going out too. i've got a bit of money, and a LOT on the list to buy. i need a new bag mainly, and i want some new clothes as well as a STACK of books. some will have to wait tho. just have to see.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll be in the city today. 7am till late.....shopping spree!

Clothes and hopefully a new laptop!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
iambored said:
Nothing. They start tomorrow.
Assuming you live in Sydney that is I believe QLD (Brisbane) and VIC (Melbourne) had some stores open. I shall be leaving to begin the shopping in another hour should be getting some more things to fill my summer wardrobe already got sunglasses before Christmas.

HSC
N/A
Just got back from shopping!

Mum and I left the house at 7am so we could miss most of the day's rush. Turned out pretty well, although we were a bit disappointed in ourselves - normally we go NUTS at sales, but for some reason this year we only bought about four bags worth of stuff? (The two bolts of fabric count as a bag) I was REALLY cut - for some reason the things I wanted weren't in the right colour, or size, or just weren't there at all. :(

I got:
1 x dark brown Cue pants (YAY! My actual first pair of nice pants in like, years... this sounds so childish, but I feel so grown up when I wear them! haha)
1 x neutral brown Cue pants (we're into the whole pants thing now)
1 x black Portmans evening top (the first thing off my list)
1 x small red handbag (which I needed)

All of the above WEREN'T on sale. Stupid? Very possibly, but I'm sure that a couple of other people here know the feeling of shopping all day, seeing things you half-like and half-love, but not really finding anything that pops out at you. :( Or maybe I'm just too picky?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well we arrived at the sales at 8am with most shops in the Westfield shopping centre not opening until 9am. Of course I wasn’t looking for the same things that you were (was looking for DVDs and PC Games) wasn’t really as much on sale as I have seen in previous years, well the stuff I saw I already had :p.

The best bargain I saw was Quake 4 $88 marked down by 50% $44 but that was an error and after the first person bought that the store manager realised and dropped the marked down to only 25%.

Although I did end up with something that I had wanted but didn’t know it was out already ready.

• Sliders Duel-Dimension Edition | The First And Second Seasons (DVD)$42

A classic Sci-Fi from the early days something I remember watching as a kid but don’t remember the episodes XD.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hmm ... I went to Macquarie. It was so full, so many people. Actually I couldn't believe they had a shuttle bus service from the uni to the shopping centre. Is it that hard to walk 10 or so minutes.

Had to park in the uni because Mac centre car park was full.

Didn't buy much, I couldnt be bothered fighting my way through people just to get something "cheaper". All I bought was the House box set, which was 10% off.

philly17

I went to macq in the morning was a bit hectic. Got a floppy hat, a bag, earings and a necklace then i got some shoes. Pretty happy with my purchases all on sale

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
well depends on your taste of clothing
i like the casual shirts like tarocash/blaq/blazer/sportscraft, but they're all like 80-150 rrp. I looked at the prices weeks before xmas and that, then today most of them were like 50% off. muahaha

shortie_689

HSC
Oh these bloody sales of all the days in the year today our computer decided to just DIE... so for roughly 7 hours I had to write manual receipts ALLLLL day long it was so terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)