Breaking News: Schappelle Corby found guilty! (1 Viewer)

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Vahl3 said:
Exactly.

Personally I think that the 3 judge trial is fairer than the jury system that we have in Australia. ie The judges are legally trained and will attempt to make a decision purely on the facts of the case wheras a jury will be more inclined to let their prejudices get in the way of the facts. eg. The higher conviction rate of black males and gay/lesbian people in US trials when compared with 'normal' white middleclass trials where similar facts are presented.
Actually, the jury system can also be fairer. A thief who steals just because he is an egostitical, money-hungry bastard is different from a thief who steals because he needs to support his family. They still commit the same crime, but the different reasons for their crimes (which affect people's emotions) would mean that if the poor thief receives the same sentence as the other thief, it's quite unjust on his part.

On the other hand, emotions can indeed be quite easily exploited. This is where the system of 3 judges is fairer. If you haven't watched Law and Order (best show on TV :p, well, actually, 4th best after Australian and American Idol and Iron Chef...), watch it and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: But you can see that we just can't say that one system is better than the other. Now that I'm writing this argument, I tend to think that circumstances determine which system is fairer.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
http://www.schapellecorby.com/showthread.php?t=1996

HAHAHAHAHAHAH scroll down to mz biatch 's post (the last one atm)

bitchgirl said:
withoutaface
is obviously a corby hater
want proof, this little slut posts all about corby hate
in boredofstudies.org/community
the forum's thread..
i said corby is innocent, this attention slut went against me and just posts all the lame excuses that corby is guilty.
this whore is banned! ban her i.p address as well.
My IP is already banned dipshit. Oh and where the fuck did you get the impression I was female? Nowhere to my recollection on this site have I said Schapelle is guilty, and it most certainly did not use such an idea to underpin my arguments. I do not hate Schapelle, I just think that the media circus surrounding her is fucking stupid.

PS next time you're going to call someone a whore, slut (several times) and get their gender wrong when it's sitting next to all their posts, try saying it to their face :)

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
absolution* said:
She probably saw that pic of yourself that you posted a few days ago.

Ohhhhh waf, owned.
Weren't you the one who your own pic in your av and everyone thought it was some random chick?

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
withoutaface said:

My IP is already banned dipshit. Oh and where the fuck did you get the impression I was female? Nowhere to my recollection on this site have I said Schapelle is guilty, and it most certainly did not use such an idea to underpin my arguments. I do not hate Schapelle, I just think that the media circus surrounding her is fucking stupid.

PS next time you're going to call someone a whore, slut (several times) and get their gender wrong when it's sitting next to all their posts, try saying it to their face :)

I knew she belongs to the darkside....

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
withoutaface said:
Weren't you the one who your own pic in your av and everyone thought it was some random chick?
Well no. There was one b&w av which was me a long time ago. And one which was Sarah Blasko more recently. I think that was the cause of the confusion my dear.

abs - 1 waf - 0

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Btw, I've just watched the news. Some actor (don't know his name) is planning a protest for Corby's release.

What he said astounded me. He said that we should have a national day for Corby, equating that of Anzac Day...

If people share his opinion, then a ticker-tape parade is bound to happen...

What next? Monuments?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Either our country is getting stupider by the day when it comes to this Corby business, or there is a silent rational majority

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Either our country is getting stupider by the day when it comes to this Corby business, or there is a silent rational majority
Personally (to me), it has been a very liberating experience.
I don't think they're getting stupider, I just think the majority of people are stupid.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
withoutaface said:

what the fuck, where did i post this shit here?
pfft at u, im not a internet junkie like you lmao
why are u tryin' to find me and follow me lmao
how u accurate to knowin' if thats me or not
lmao at intenet wannabe toughies lmao
say it to ur face? gawd just give me your address you stupid asshole
and what the hell gotta do with gender, i dont live in this site
i dont run in this site nearly 24/7 like you lmao

pathedic...lmao at some internet geeks
isnt it time to play outdoors?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bitchgirl said:
what the fuck, where did i post this shit here?
pfft at u, im not a internet junkie like you lmao
why are u tryin' to find me and follow me lmao
how u accurate to knowin' if thats me or not
lmao at intenet wannabe toughies lmao
say it to ur face? gawd just give me your address you stupid asshole
and what the hell gotta do with gender, i dont live in this site
i dont run in this site nearly 24/7 like you lmao

pathedic...lmao at some internet geeks
isnt it time to play outdoors?
Moron said:
u lmao
u lmao
u
lmao lmao
ur
lmao

lmao
Quite a bit of internet speak for someone who's not a junkie, I must say. Oh and my address is 114 Catherine St Leichhardt, I await your visit with great anticipation. :)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
withoutaface said:
Quite a bit of internet speak for someone who's not a junkie, I must say. Oh and my address is 114 Catherine St Leichhardt, I await your visit with great anticipation. :)
lmao u must be that stupid to post your own address on the net,
btw i know thats aint real, only retarded people post their address on the net,
why? waitin' for pedo's to enter their bedrooms?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bitchgirl said:
lmao u must be that stupid to post your own address on the net,
btw i know thats aint real, only retarded people post their address on the net,
why? waitin' for pedo's to enter their bedrooms?
To be an act of paedophilia the victim must be under 16, douche.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
Fact 1:
Schapelle’s dad stated that he saw Shapelle pack her luggage.

Fact 2:
Brisbane airport have sent a legal letter stating Schapelle Corbys bag was x-rayed whilst in holding, she did not have access to the bag again until after she landed in Bali. The bag was cleared for any prohibited contents and then transferred from Brisbane to Bali, via Sydney.

Fact 3:
Australian Federal Police (AFP) requested a sample of the weed she was caught with so they could determine where it was grown.

The Indonesian Police will not comply as they say they have tested it.. they said it is "marijuana" and that is all the information they require.

Fact 4:
The AFP requested to finger print the plastic bag the weed was contained in… the Indonesian Police have advised this is not possible as it has all their finger prints over it.. Not wearing gloves whilst handling evidence, sounds really obvious if you ask me.

Fact 5:
Schapelle Corby’s lawyers have demanded video footage from Bali airport, alledgedly showing Schapelle attempting to stop the custom officer from unzipping her bag. The footage was not produced.

Fact 6:
Gold Coast businessman, Ron Bakir, fowarded a sworn statement from an unnamed source which supported the claim of Schapelle�s innocence.
The statement supports that Schapelle Corby is a victim of Australian drug trafficking ring.

something else for people to disreagrd or angrily comment on

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
Fact 1:

Fact 2:
Brisbane airport have sent a legal letter stating Schapelle Corbys bag was x-rayed whilst in holding, she did not have access to the bag again until after she landed in Bali. The bag was cleared for any prohibited contents and then transferred from Brisbane to Bali, via Sydney.

Fact 3:
Australian Federal Police (AFP) requested a sample of the weed she was caught with so they could determine where it was grown.

The Indonesian Police will not comply as they say they have tested it.. they said it is "marijuana" and that is all the information they require.

Fact 4:
The AFP requested to finger print the plastic bag the weed was contained in… the Indonesian Police have advised this is not possible as it has all their finger prints over it.. Not wearing gloves whilst handling evidence, sounds really obvious if you ask me.

Fact 5:
Schapelle Corby’s lawyers have demanded video footage from Bali airport, alledgedly showing Schapelle attempting to stop the custom officer from unzipping her bag. The footage was not produced.

Fact 6:
Gold Coast businessman, Ron Bakir, fowarded a sworn statement from an unnamed source which supported the claim of Schapelle�s innocence.
The statement supports that Schapelle Corby is a victim of Australian drug trafficking ring.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you have missed other stuff like the fact that when a customs person wanted to open her bag she requested it be done in another room.

theres enough there to say she's sweet but enough there to shoot her. i thought criminal cases had to be proved beyond reasonable doubt so on that proviso she should be not guilty, but i couldnt be satisfied with that result because there is some guilt still there.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
sped_kid01 said:
Fact 1:

Fact 2:

Fact 3:

Fact 4:

Fact 5:

Fact 6:

Some of those facts are interesting and had already been addressed by the defence team, and none of them are material in any court (Fact 1 and Fact 6, in particular). But the solid evidence is that the drug is in her bag, and the bag is hers. Thing is, in any legal system, this evidence puts her in a position where she has to prove her innocence. If not, well, Crazyhomo gave a good example, something along the lines of:

"I found the knife in your bag"
"It's not mine, I didn't put it there"
"Fair enough, you're free to go"

If you're the family member of the person killed, what would you say? "The justice system stinks, the knife was in his freakin bag for crying out loud!"

Well, the defence team could hardly identify any concrete evidence that proved that the marijuana in her bag is not hers. Sure, there can be a possibility that someone had put it there, but the example shows how idiotic it would be for the judges to release her. The judges did the only thing they could do.

EDIT: not an angry post at all, was it? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)