Breaking News: Schappelle Corby found guilty! (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
whiterabbit said:
It's in the Telegraph, it must be the truth!
Gee, why didn't I think of that before?

You astound me.
Stop being so cynical, it's journalists such as yourself that promote this filth;)

mahuligan

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
So what its the truth!! its not just some bullshit the newspaper made up.
Besides we are not talking about newspapers here.
haha are you serious?! the news in the daily telegraph is about 10% fact and 90% sensationalism.

HSC
withoutaface said:
Stop being so cynical, it's journalists such as yourself that promote this filth;)
Sadly, yes. Nothing else sells.
Why do you think communication students are such good bullshit artists?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mahuligan said:
haha are you serious?! the news in the daily telegraph is about 10% fact and 90% sensationalism.
That's true of most newspapers.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Sadly, yes. Nothing else sells.
Why do you think communication students are such good bullshit artists?
Because most of them are women?

mahuligan

HSC
nah other newspapers like smh and the australian have about 70% fact... on most stories

sometimes they sensationalise a bit to much but usually they have much more fact than the tele

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Not the Trading Post.

That one's about 50/50.
So at least 50% of the "Excellent condition" claims are true?

*scoffs

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
It's in the Telegraph, it must be the truth!
Gee, why didn't I think of that before?

You astound me.
:rolleyes:
I was talking about this, saying this is a fact:

"Corby received 10 times the sentence given to accused Bali terror mastermind Abu Bakir Bashir"[/B]

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Lol, why don't they change the story to:

Schapelle Corby was put to 20 years, and Amrosi and Samudra got the death penalty.
That should manipulate people's minds a bit... Only this time, it's on the other side of things.

OMG, just overheard this Channel 9 headline News on the TV:

Australians demand a return on tsunami donation..

I have lost hope in humanity, I really, really have...
So, these people are thinking that we'll just let hundreds of thousands of people (read: Asians) suffer, since they make 1 white Australian suffer.
I can't believe it. It's outrageous. This is disgusting.

Last edited:
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
:rolleyes:
I was talking about this, saying this is a fact:

"Corby received 10 times the sentence given to accused Bali terror mastermind Abu Bakir Bashir"[/B]
Put it into context, your "fact" doesn't sound nearly as good.

Compared to at least two contemporary cases, Corby's sentencing was extremely lenient. 20 years versus death, and she's likely to appeal.

Bashir managed to exploit a loophole in the legislation of that time. If his trial was tomorrow, he would most likely receive the death sentence.

And to repeat what asqy was saying, you're presuming Corby is innocent while Bashir is guilty, while courts found them both guilty - why the double standard?

The Daily Telegraph is tabloid drivel.

The end.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mahuligan said:
nah other newspapers like smh and the australian have about 70% fact... on most stories

sometimes they sensationalise a bit to much but usually they have much more fact than the tele
The smh have spent the last couple of months ignoring the fact that libertarians exist on the Liberal Right and making them all out to be hardline Christian conservatives.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
I still think it was wrong to broadcast the verdict live (almost as if it was a sporting event), because now (after "Australia held it's breath as the Schappelle Corby trail comes to its dramatic climax" - which they advertised as if it were an episode of All Saints) her face and reaction will be broadcast in the first six news stories on every commercial station across Australia, media analysts will examine the trial, government officials will be called in to discuss plans for a possible prisoner transfer as she begins her 20 years and for the next few weeks there will be more stories about her, petitions to get her out and citizens all but crash-tackled by journalists wanting their opinions on the story. There'll be front-page news continued on pages two, three, four, six and eight, with letters to the editors of major newspapers by the truckload and further discussion on prisoner transfers and the like.

And in less than a year the world will have forgotten her as new events unfold elsewhere, and the only reminder of what she's gone through being travellers vaguely wondering why they're wrapping their luggage in plastic as they prepare to fly out of the country.

The injustice of it all reeks.
mm yes the commentating was annoying.

ahha at the 'mum, its okay..mum, its Okay' the girl just recieved 20 yrs and she had to stop her mum from embarrasing her

also did anyone listen to kyle and jackie O in the morning? they're so dumb, they ask people to call in for their opinion, yet kyle calls one girl a bitch for thinking she was guilty and then hangs up on her..so unfair

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
People, sorry for repeating my previous post, but I think this is just... bullshit:

"OMG, just overheard this Channel 9 headline News on the TV:

Australians demand a return on tsunami donation..

I have lost hope in humanity, I really, really have...
So, these people are thinking that we'll just let hundreds of thousands of people (read: Asians) suffer, since they make 1 white Australian suffer.
I can't believe it. It's outrageous. This is disgusting. "

Last edited:

mahuligan

HSC
withoutaface said:
The smh have spent the last couple of months ignoring the fact that libertarians exist on the Liberal Right and making them all out to be hardline Christian conservatives.

haha okay fair enough..i agree

i just remembered how when i did my legal media file i got shitted by all the newspapers because of their obvious bias towards particular issues

but still..smh is better than the tele :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I thought that they were merely pointing out that the conservative right were gaining power at certain levels of the state party. To tell the truth, though, I find it hard to believe that a libertarian would consider themselves as being on the Liberal Right (assuming that the left/right divide in this case is one of social values rather than economic issues).

spell check

HSC
all you people are such faux elitist cunts

think you're better than everyone else because you are apathetic

the real issue here is the war on drugs and how stupid it is, not whether or not indonesians are corrupt. they need to spread a 'this could happen to anyone' type panic through the population

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)