Bridget Jones's Diary - Edge of Reason! (1 Viewer)

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Is bridget jones 2 worth seeing?

Im not sure whether to bother going to see it because as with 99% of all books made into films i thought the first one was so much different from the book and the book was so much better, how does the second one size up?

Bobcat

HSC
yes see it

its better than the first, plus its an excuse to perve on Colin *drooool*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
last time i read the book was yr 8, but i seem to recall there being a storyline with mark darcy the pedophile?

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah its good. Better than the first
My thoughts exactly! I honestly thought Bridget Jones 2 was better than the first movie. Very funny!

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
modelzsuck said:
Im not sure whether to bother going to see it because as with 99% of all books made into films i thought the first one was so much different from the book and the book was so much better, how does the second one size up?
if that's the case then maybe not. the second film is good, i really liked it, but i also loved loved loved the books, and the second film is an even more rapid departure from the book than the first one was. in fact, am not sure if producers even read second books or just got the jist of it from the blurb!

having said that, i do urge you to see it independent of the books - it's fun, it's sweet, and if you can just let yourself go with the flow then you're in for a good flick!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
only saw this last night.. was the best ever.. i loved it so much.. haha i love bridget so much...

omg were they trying to make hugh look like a sex god?!?!?!?! phwoar!!!!!!!

tennille

HSC
I reckon it was pretty good. Is Renee Zelwegger fatter in the second one, or is it just me? I love it when Hugh and Colin fight. But nothing beats the first Bridget.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
peepee said:
"sorry but, i'm about to come"

yes i can soooo imagine darcy saying that! i couldnt stop laughing at it during the movie... some friends still didnt get it. shame. missing out on so many laughs.

the first is classic. this second one does not compare. as a friend says, they tried to use the formula twice. the Rebecca thing was lame (oh another understatement this month!). it just doesn't quite work. this has a few of its good ol moments, but i think if you've watched the first one more than once; read the books and fell in love with it.. then this second one WONT live up to ur expectations. but bc the first one was so great, the 2nd doesn't quite degrade the whole bridget concept.

renee zellweger is not bridget at all (doesn't know how to joke in reality). why cant helen fielding act? she'd be 100% bridget!

iheartjm

HSC
i haven't seen it yet but i am soooooo dying to go!! ever since bridget jones aired on tv to promote the sequel i got excited. watching it just made me realise just how much i would want to go see the sequel....!!! i so want to go!!! i'm anticipating the fighting scene.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I saw Bridget Jones 2 a couple of weeks ago. Loved it, very funny and imo, much better than the 1st. :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I havent seen the first and wasnt really keen on being dragged to see the 2nd but since im a fan of mr darcy (well, colin firth in general really!! :p), i went.....omg I am more in love than ever. But apart from mr darcy, the movie was so funny. I havent seen a movie that i loved so much for a really long time. Considering the fact that i havent even seen the first or even expected to like the 2nd, im really pleased :D

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i enjoyed it too. not as good as the first but it was really funny and definately a successful sequel. not a let down at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)