• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Business Finance (1 Viewer)

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Yeah, I got zero as well but didn't have time to show full working so I will probably lose marks:(. I got 6% for the third question (well a variance of 36%^2 but in my haste forgot to take the square root to find the risk:mad: ). What about the first question, I didn't understand what he was trying to ask. He asked for how many variance terms, how many covariance terms and then how many different covariance terms. What does he mean by "different covariance terms":confused:?

Did we only get six minutes? I knew it was less than the ten minutes he as claiming at the start. I was talking to my mate and he said their workshop got about twenty minutes:mad:! I didn't got to yesterdays lecture because I has my Macroeconomics II Class Test II. What did he do:)?
I will explain the first question tommorrow, when i have access to my notes.

Well 6 minutes a guess, but we sure did'nt get 10 minutes and I feel 10 minutes is the quickest you can do those questions. Its disspointing to hear there is a lack of consistance in the spot tests in relation to the time limit between tutorials. People with a long time, will be able to produce a more accurate answer, hence higher marks. Its like saying one class doing the final exam within a 1 hour period, while another class gets a 2 hour period. Who do you think will get the better marks?

I'am sure he don'st create spot tests and exams within a rush period of time. If he did, I'am sure he would be out of a job.

In regards to his lectures, he only gave us the outline of the lecture notes, we had to write in information and diagrams, similar to the Stats 1050 notes. But the thing is, we only like had 20-30 seconds to write a full page of slides, when people told him to slow down, he just said shut up, write faster, your going to have to write this fast in the final exam.

I throught exams are suppose to test your knowledge and not your speed of writing your answer. I understand the idea of writing a exam where you are pushed for time, but not a exam where you will only finish if you actually wrote the exam, so you know what to write and the answers before hand.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
Well 6 minutes a guess, but we sure did'nt get 10 minutes and I feel 10 minutes is the quickest you can do those questions. Its disspointing to hear there is a lack of consistance in the spot tests in relation to the time limit between tutorials. People with a long time, will be able to produce a more accurate answer, hence higher marks. Its like saying one class doing the final exam within a 1 hour period, while another class gets a 2 hour period. Who do you think will get the better marks?
Yeah, it is annoying but what can you do:(.

baker182 said:
In regards to his lectures, he only gave us the outline of the lecture notes, we had to write in information and diagrams, similar to the Stats 1050 notes. But the thing is, we only like had 20-30 seconds to write a full page of slides, when people told him to slow down, he just said shut up, write faster, your going to have to write this fast in the final exam.
Yeah, I heard he only gave us the outline of the lecture notes and of course it was the day that I couldn't go to the lecture:rolleyes:. I bet he did it because of the people who just pickup the lecture notes and walk out at the start, I don't think he likes that:).

baker182 said:
I throught exams are suppose to test your knowledge and not your speed of writing your answer. I understand the idea of writing a exam where you are pushed for time, but not a exam where you will only finish if you actually wrote the exam, so you know what to write and the answers before hand.
Yeah, I completely agree. It frustrates me that when I know the answer but don't get enough time. What really annoys me is when the exam is in a class that usually goes for two hours and they only give you an hour to do it and then tell you to go. Why not give us the whole two hours:mad:?

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Yeah, it is annoying but what can you do:(.

Yeah, I heard he only gave us the outline of the lecture notes and of course it was the day that I couldn't go to the lecture:rolleyes:. I bet he did it because of the people who just pickup the lecture notes and walk out at the start, I don't think he likes that:).

Yeah, I completely agree. It frustrates me that when I know the answer but don't get enough time. What really annoys me is when the exam is in a class that usually goes for two hours and they only give you an hour to do it and then tell you to go. Why not give us the whole two hours:mad:?
Yeah like you said, there is nothing we can do.

With the lecture notes, i could scan my notes for you, but I must warn you they are a bit messy, due to the time limit he gave us to write them down :)

I think they give us the time limits because, it shows them that you know your stuff, I guess.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
With the lecture notes, i could scan my notes for you, but I must warn you they are a bit messy, due to the time limit he gave us to write them down :)
Thanks but don't worry about it, I will get them off a mate or see Neil about it:).

baker182 said:
I think they give us the time limits because, it shows them that you know your stuff, I guess.
The thing is, no matter how much time they give you, if you don't know it, you don't know it. It is unlikely that you are going to derive the formula's and answers yourself:p

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Thanks but don't worry about it, I will get them off a mate or see Neil about it:).

The thing is, no matter how much time they give you, if you don't know it, you don't know it. It is unlikely that you are going to derive the formula's and answers yourself:p
But in a economic exam, you may expand your answer, give more details to get those full marks, instead of outlining the facts. Because at uni its not about writing definitions, you need to use the knowledge and give real life examples. :D

baker182

HSC
SoCal, was that you asking the about time limits to Neil in the workshop? :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I was one of the people, yes;). What did you get for the Spot Test? I got 2.5/5 because I got 0 for the last question. I felt like getting up and punching him though because in my haste I forgot to take the square root of the variance to find the risk and so I had variance = 36%^2. So I basically had the right answer but because I didn't take the square root of that and get the standard deviation he gave me 0/2:mad:!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
you guys should just meet already! lol

'was that you who was sitting in the front row with that hot chick?'
'no that was my friend'

'were you wearing a black beanie?'
'i was one of the people wearing a black beanie, yes'

:rolleyes: :p

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
I was one of the people, yes;). What did you get for the Spot Test? I got 2.5/5 because I got 0 for the last question. I felt like getting up and punching him though because in my haste I forgot to take the square root of the variance to find the risk and so I had variance = 36%^2. So I basically had the right answer but because I didn't take the square root of that and get the standard deviation he gave me 0/2:mad:!
I got 3.5. You should of got something for question 3. Because you had the variance of 36, which was correct. For question 3, i got 0.5 marks just for writing the formula, so you should of got at least 1.5 marks for that question in my opinion.

As for punching him, I love to see that :), could of had a good old fashion UFC style fight. I'am sure with the help of Bon,we would win :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
I got 3.5. You should of got something for question 3. Because you had the variance of 36, which was correct. For question 3, i got 0.5 marks just for writing the formula, so you should of got at least 1.5 marks for that question in my opinion.
I thought 1.5/2 would have been fair too and I would have accepted one:mad:.

baker182 said:
As for punching him, I love to see that :), could of had a good old fashion UFC style fight. I'am sure with the help of Bon,we would win :)
Haha, yeah is just a bot too cocky or something:p.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
I thought 1.5/2 would have been fair too and I would have accepted one:mad:.

Haha, yeah is just a bot too cocky or something:p.
I'am sure you would accepted 2 as well hehee

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
That spot test was nice and easy. Finished it in about three minutes literally:D.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
That spot test was nice and easy. Finished it in about three minutes literally:D.
It was the first test, I actually finished :) I also had time to perve on the hot chicks :rolleyes:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Damn, I got 4/5:mad:. I have been doing a lot of stupid stuff in exams lately and have had a bit of bad luck too:(.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Damn, I got 4/5:mad:. I have been doing a lot of stupid stuff in exams lately and have had a bit of bad luck too:(.
I got 5. I think Neil likes me :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
I got 5. I think Neil likes me :)
What makes you say that:)?

What about his little hissy-fit today. He asks stupid questions and then wonders why people don't answer him:rolleyes:.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
What makes you say that:)?

What about his little hissy-fit today. He asks stupid questions and then wonders why people don't answer him:rolleyes:.
oh he included me in his example about promissionary notes, your just jealous hehehe

Yeah his questions were a bit silly, I think he ask asking the easy questions, so people would get them right.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
oh he included me in his example about promissionary notes, your just jealous hehehe
Oh, I know who you are now:p. You were right up the front, right;)?

baker182 said:
Yeah his questions were a bit silly, I think he ask asking the easy questions, so people would get them right.
Some of his questions were "What is two thirds of six" though:p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)