Cadetships 2014 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Hope you went well. Where was the interview at? you generally get a good positive vibe throughout when you have a laid back conversation during the interview and are able to be yourself throughout.
I had an interview with the personal insolvency assoicate at Hall Chadwick.

Thankfully I impressed HR at the cadetship evening and managed to bypass the first interview. Within that time frame of meeting HR, a position opened up and my details were passed on. Yeah, the conversation was great - she was easy to talk to and I think it went well. I had a lot of questions, there was a lot of laughter. I just hope now that I'm the right one for the position.

I'll find out soon.

I'm happy for the interview experience but I will be devo if I don't get it. hahahaha

ameher

HSC

Thankfully I impressed HR at the cadetship evening and managed to bypass the first interview. Within that time frame of meeting HR, a position opened up and my details were passed on. Yeah, the conversation was great - she was easy to talk to and I think it went well. I had a lot of questions, there was a lot of laughter. I just hope now that I'm the right one for the position.

I'll find out soon.

I'm happy for the interview experience but I will be devo if I don't get it. hahahaha
Good luck with it!, hope you make it, sounds like you went really well and at least you can take a positive experience away from it which eventually leads you to the job you want. Have had many experiences to finally get what i wanted.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Good luck with it!, hope you make it, sounds like you went really well and at least you can take a positive experience away from it which eventually leads you to the job you want. Have had many experiences to finally get what i wanted.
They did a reference check and my supervisor came back to me straight away, saying that Hall Chadwick really liked me.

They asked about my notice period and what not. So looks like I've got a good chance.

They said they liked my drive and that's what they're looking for :D

koolkid59

HSC
They did a reference check and my supervisor came back to me straight away, saying that Hall Chadwick really liked me.

They asked about my notice period and what not. So looks like I've got a good chance.

They said they liked my drive and that's what they're looking for :D
Well done mate! That's epic feedback!

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad

I'll find out soon.

Sorry I didn't log in sooner!

I'm trying to remember who was over in personal insolvency, but I only have faces but no names to go with them! They all seemed very nice though, especially their manager :)

Based on what you've said, Id be awfully surprised if you didn't get the job! (And now reading down further, looks like you did!)

I hope you like it there :)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Sorry I didn't log in sooner!

I'm trying to remember who was over in personal insolvency, but I only have faces but no names to go with them! They all seemed very nice though, especially their manager :)

Based on what you've said, Id be awfully surprised if you didn't get the job! (And now reading down further, looks like you did!)

I hope you like it there :)
Still don't know whether or not I've got it. I'm only basing my hunch on what my supervisor said HR told her.

I still need to hear it for myself.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah okay I misread that. Really shouldn't attempt to reply to things at 9am when you've been out until 2am! :p

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Ah okay I misread that. Really shouldn't attempt to reply to things at 9am when you've been out until 2am! :p
Hahahaha, that's ok.

I had the interview with Simone B.
not sure if you knew her.

The suspense is killing me. Hahaha.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Hahahaha, that's ok.

I had the interview with Simone B.
not sure if you knew her.

The suspense is killing me. Hahaha.
I do remember Simone! I think I only met her once or twice but I always used the printer over near their section because it was faster than using the others :p
Good old level 29. Much better than level 30 or 35.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I do remember Simone! I think I only met her once or twice but I always used the printer over near their section because it was faster than using the others :p
Good old level 29. Much better than level 30 or 35.
They've moved :D

Level 40, 2 Park street - everyone is on the same floor - open plan

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh wow okay!

I hate open plan. Nothing brings more misery than 10 people on hold for the ato, on speaker, for an hour. Ill never miss that!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
There's only one that gives free practice tests,put your research skills to the test, you'll need it.
+1

I don't think you should apply for a cadetship if you need to be spoon fed information that will ultimately benefit you. Spend some time and going through them.

nellin

HSC
Hi Everyone

I've been a lurker in this thread and finally decided to create an account!

Today, I got an email from BDO asking me to do an online interview by 9th June.

So I was wondering if someone could give me some tips about this. :)

Thanks!

Darrenjm

HSC
+1

I don't think you should apply for a cadetship if you need to be spoon fed information that will ultimately benefit you. Spend some time and going through them.
I guess I'm not Penske material :( thanks for the careers advice though.

Prouille24

HSC
Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was at all possible to defer an accounting cadetship for 1 year as I want to travel and volunteer overseas. Do most firms, including the Big 4, usually allow this. If so, when would be the best time to tell them of my deferral; e.g. Before, during or after the interview or should I wait until it I get formal acceptance and a contract?

Thanks for your help.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hi Everyone

I've been a lurker in this thread and finally decided to create an account!

Today, I got an email from BDO asking me to do an online interview by 9th June.

So I was wondering if someone could give me some tips about this. :)

Thanks!
Just follow it through like most interviews, be prepared, do your research and have answers you can give to certain types of questions, practice makes perfect (Y)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was at all possible to defer an accounting cadetship for 1 year as I want to travel and volunteer overseas. Do most firms, including the Big 4, usually allow this. If so, when would be the best time to tell them of my deferral; e.g. Before, during or after the interview or should I wait until it I get formal acceptance and a contract?

Thanks for your help.
Many of the bigger firms will allow you to defer for a year, so you should be fine in that area, i suggest mentioning it during your interview if you get one. Interviewers actually sometimes ask the question to you in regards to taking a deferred year so that they can take into account for an extra cadet this year etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)