Cadetships 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolmias

HSC
So, I made a list of the cadetships open this year that I could (hopefully they'll do them next year when I apply lol)

+ PwC
+ Champions
+ EY
+ Deloitte
+ Pitcher Partners
+ Boroughs Chartered Accountants
+ BDO
+ KPMG

Are there any others I've missed?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not entirely positive but RSM, Hall Chadwick and Moore Stephens have all offered them in past years.

Edit: RSM applications are currently open.

Kolmias

HSC
Do Hall Chadwick specialize in business insolvency? Because they have 18 partners just for business insolvency!

Kolmias

HSC
I'm not entirely positive but RSM, Hall Chadwick and Moore Stephens have all offered them in past years.

Edit: RSM applications are currently open.
Yeah, thanks, found those ones as well. They're all mid tiers, right?

How do you differentiate between a mid tier and a small firm?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Do Hall Chadwick specialize in business insolvency? Because they have 18 partners just for business insolvency!
Answered your own question :T

Yeah, thanks, found those ones as well. They're all mid tiers, right?

How do you differentiate between a mid tier and a small firm?
Usually the number of partners determines whether its a mid-tier or small, I mean usually mid-tiers started off consolidating/partnered with a number of small firms and create a network to be able to benefit from the scale and have greater opportunities (e.g. you can do everything for the client, including audit,tax etc.. and at different locations).

Client's can be another thing as well but it's measure is more debatable.This is because a lot of small tiers are basically just ex-big 4 directors or even partners starting their own firm and managing to take their clients with them, which is why certain small tiers can have more ASX listed clients then a small sized mid-tier for example.

Kolmias

HSC
What level would you call some local suburban accounting firm then?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
What level would you call some local suburban accounting firm then?
I just say like, local accounting firm or something, I mean you can it small-tier, but if they're small, then people call them a number of things really.

Local firm, small firm, 2-3 partner firm etc..

matchalolz

HSC
Yeah I feel like they offer positions in insolvency.

Have not heard good things about that firm though

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
InsoulvencyReaper and I have both worked at Hall Chadwick.

As with every company, your personal experiences will vary.

aidan059

HSC
So, I made a list of the cadetships open this year that I could (hopefully they'll do them next year when I apply lol)

+ PwC
+ Champions
+ EY
+ Deloitte
+ Pitcher Partners
+ Boroughs Chartered Accountants
+ BDO
+ KPMG

You can remove KPMG, Deloitte and PwC from that list, they don't like high-schoolers anymore :(

You've missed plenty, opportunities are literally infinite, I can provide you with nearly everyone I've applied to/know that have Cadetships for this year, I'm not sure about next year though. Side note: I don't recommend Boroughs the slightest bit, the most boring people and old-school you'll ever meet.

List (no order):

- EY
- BDO
- UBS (Professional Cadetships - Business)
- Pitcher Partners
- Hall Chadwick
- Nexia
- HLB Mann Judd
- RSM Bird Cameron
- ESV (on request) lol
- Bentleys
- Mazars
- Crofts (super small - located North Sydney)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Co-Op) -> UTS
- Moore Stephens (not entirely sure if they still offer)
- Grant Thornton (again not entirely sure)
- UNSW Co-Op

p.s I've no idea who champions are

If you want an idea of the companies I recommend, and the firm I'll most likely choose for next year from my offers, pm me.

matchalolz

HSC
You can remove KPMG, Deloitte and PwC from that list, they don't like high-schoolers anymore :(

You've missed plenty, opportunities are literally infinite, I can provide you with nearly everyone I've applied to/know that have Cadetships for this year, I'm not sure about next year though. Side note: I don't recommend Boroughs the slightest bit, the most boring people and old-school you'll ever meet.

List (no order):

- EY
- BDO
- Pitcher Partners
- Hall Chadwick
- Nexia
- HLB Mann Judd
- RSM Bird Cameron
- ESV (on request) lol
- Bentleys
- Mazars
- UNSW Co-Op

If you want an idea of the companies I recommend, and the firm I'll most likely choose for next year from my offers, pm me.
iirc champions is a small accounting firm

aidan059

HSC
Has anyone heard anything from EY, just curious since applications close in just 2 days

uppitymantis

HSC
Does anyone have an estimate of the total labour market for cadet accountants in Sydney? What is the positions to applicants ratio like?

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A

List (no order):

- EY
- BDO
- Pitcher Partners
- Hall Chadwick
- Nexia
- HLB Mann Judd
- RSM Bird Cameron
- ESV (on request) lol
- Bentleys
- Mazars
- UNSW Co-Op

which of these are still open?

aidan059

HSC
which of these are still open?
EY closes 15 June, RSM just opened pretty recently, Hall Chadwick have applications open all year round, Pitcher Partners close 23 June, BDO aren't even open yet, most of the others are closed (ie hlb, nexia, ubs), boroughs are possibly still open and same with mazars. Just give them a google search.

aidan059

HSC
Does anyone have an estimate of the total labour market for cadet accountants in Sydney? What is the positions to applicants ratio like?
Depends, the more renowned, the more candidates applying but also more spots available. For example, I heard EY roughly takes on 30 cadets from around 800 applications (may be totally wrong but just what I heard). UBS on the other hand has roughly 1000 applicants and only take on 4-10 cadets. If you go down to mid tiers, you may find less competition which could also be a good thing as you have more chance of getting an interview and HR can look at your applications individually rather than just scrolling through. A mid tier may roughly have 80 applying and take on 5 (from a specific one I've heard of). Really comes down to the firm, and what division. In EY for example, they take a lot more cadets in assurance and tax compared to transaction advisory (restructuring). It really comes down to how many people apply for that specific year, however it is true obviously that it does get more competitive the better the firm.

Kolmias

HSC
5 cadets from 80 applications sound pretty good. Are you sure it's that low? I thought cadetships would be a highly attractive thing to do and you'd have hordes of people applying for even the mid tiers.

imo, the mid tiers aren't big 4 but they still sound like pretty decent places to work at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)