Cadetships! (1 Viewer)

keropi

HSC
N/A
aileenli said:
yay i got completely REJECTED from the uts Bacc!! and judging from the silence from the others, i guess i've been cut of all the lists. oh well *shrugs* i'm having second thoughts about this whole accounting thing. maybe i wasnt cut out to be an accountant in the first place.

i think i've finished the denial stage of being rejected repeatedly and am in a state of indifferent depression right now:(
how do you know u got completely rejected? so if i havent got a call yet, is it safe to assume that i got rejected from BAcc at uts too? Shuld i call uts up to find out?

aileenli

HSC
seremify007 said:
no offence intended, but you probably wouldn't have been the kind of person which a cadetship is suited to- after all, cadetships require dedication to accounting.
aw...u guys made me feel so much better! :) i guess i'm over the depression and everything...i just take this as a learning process.

ahem, I'd like to thank everyone who answered all my annoyingly stupid questions, esp seremify007, and supported me through this horrible time frame. I can now look forward to having fun in the city today, with the reassurance that if i screw it up, I can fulfil my fantasy of studying media and comm.

that being said, i will now voluntaritly exile myself from this tread. thou wilst no longer hear from the person previously known as aileenli, no more shalt thou'st be plauged from my dumb questions. (unless something really good happens re:cadetships) farewell o' cruel world!

PS: would u like me to post on tonights groupie?:confused:

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Oh come on!

I thought you looked really professional there today :p

Pretty interesting tests I thought. I hope I get an interview!

ishq

brown?
HSC
aileenli said:
aw...u guys made me feel so much better! :) i guess i'm over the depression and everything...i just take this as a learning process.

ahem, I'd like to thank everyone who answered all my annoyingly stupid questions, esp seremify007, and supported me through this horrible time frame. I can now look forward to having fun in the city today, with the reassurance that if i screw it up, I can fulfil my fantasy of studying media and comm.

that being said, i will now voluntaritly exile myself from this tread. thou wilst no longer hear from the person previously known as aileenli, no more shalt thou'st be plauged from my dumb questions. (unless something really good happens re:cadetships) farewell o' cruel world!

I wanted to do Media and Comm (Journalism) at UTS :) Still do :(

Seriously, do what you really want! Otherwise, things can get really really drab!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
aileenli said:

Haha come back and post!

No worries about the support... I felt kinda bad after posting what I said; but then, better that you hear it now than waste away your uni life wondering "what if I had pursued something else..."

Tell us how the group interview went!

Cheers.
ps. As ishq said, it's good to pursue something you want. Don't take something just because it's the easy/secure/stable way out because you'll end up being bored and lame.... although, considering Accounting was my first preference anyhow, I guess by stereotype, I must be the expert on 'boring and lame' :)

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh I thought I'd make one more post regarding fashion/business attire...

Try DFO.

I went there today and saw the Oxford store... my heart literally broke as I saw all these clothes which I had bought (at what I thought was a discount from full retail) at significantly lower prices than anything I could've imagined.

Sigh!!

ashhoward

HSC
hey i just checked my email account and ive received an interview for the BAcc at UTS and i got a call for the assessment centre at E and Y. It would be great to hear from anyone else who is going for these or who has been before. I havent really heard much about these because I live in newcastle and we only ever hear of pwc in sydney so we kinda dont get a heap of info

=candii=

HSC
seremify007 said:
Oh I thought I'd make one more post regarding fashion/business attire...

Try DFO.

I went there today and saw the Oxford store... my heart literally broke as I saw all these clothes which I had bought (at what I thought was a discount from full retail) at significantly lower prices than anything I could've imagined.

Sigh!!
really? :confused: the last time i went to DFO and had a look at there stuff...they had stuff that id bought from normal shops...but they like tripled the price and then put 80% off which equaled to the price i bought it at anyway (if not more). lol so i was kinda put off by that and havent gone back since.

didnt check out the business wear though...dunno maybe they are cheaper

c0okies

HSC
hey! i got a call from e&y too! what day are you scheduled to go?

dils1989

dilssssssssssss
HSC
hey all,

juss wondering if ne1 from previous years have gone to an assessment centre for Horwath?? they ask for a written exercise and i dno wat they cood ask:S can ne1 gimme a clue?

thanks

sxcsn

HSC
Hi there I still havent been contacted by the following, I dont know wether I should assume i have not gone through to the next level or have they not contacted applicants yet?

hall chadwick
horwath
pkf
walter turnball
pitcher

thanks.

=candii=

HSC
sxcsn said:
Hi there I still havent been contacted by the following, I dont know wether I should assume i have not gone through to the next level or have they not contacted applicants yet?

hall chadwick
horwath
pkf
walter turnball
pitcher

thanks.
my interview for horwath is this thursday

hall chadwick [i think] closing date is 31st august? i think i think lol....so if it is then they wouldnt have notified people yet

pitcher emailed me n sed they were reviewing my application

i didnt apply for walter turnball and pkf havent contacted me so not sure

sxcsn

HSC
Thanks Candii what did you think of the EY info night? wot division?

=candii=

HSC
sxcsn said:
Thanks Candii what did you think of the EY info night? wot division?
i went for AABS

the night was pretty good...talked to alot of people and asked questions

met some really nice people....i rekon its so cool how everyone is so sociable and easy to talk to...it makes me feel good haha

the food guy guaranteed me a job coz i finally took some food instead of sticking to my drink :p

sxcsn

HSC
lol yeh the atmosphere was gr8 however i got sick from the food and oj - apparently not a good mix! Met heaps of cool people 2 wens ur assessment day - are they all on the same day?

=candii=

HSC
sxcsn said:
lol yeh the atmosphere was gr8 however i got sick from the food and oj - apparently not a good mix! Met heaps of cool people 2 wens ur assessment day - are they all on the same day?
my ones on wednesday...u?

tax is on monday and tuesday
AABS goes from wednesday through to friday

...all ill say is that having oj at dinner time was a bit different :p
but yeh i completely agree - food + oj dont go well together hehe

Last edited:

sxcsn

HSC
mines on thursday lol

got the sample test in the mail today! how exciting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)