can my mate get n awarded for this? (1 Viewer)

Mathman26

HSC
N/A
so my mates in yr 11 n his shit chem teacher wanna n awards him for a test. she says my mate didnt make a serious atmpt cause he didnt attmpt most fo the questions. my mate wanna refutes the claim by saying that the test was illlegitimate. it had yr 12 questions in it n teachers aint allowed to use those in prelim tests. can he do this/

LordPc

HSC
if u are in year 11 and you can produce the year 11 syllabus and year 12 syllabus, and show that the questions are not in the year 11 syllabus but are in the year 12 syllabus then you have an air tight case.

if the questions do relate to what is in the year 11 syllabus then you may have a harder task

sickk

HSC
could just make genuine attempt adn have it redeemed and avoid dramas, its year 11 doesnt count for shit

Mathman26

HSC
N/A
tht bich teacher put in qs directly frm past hsc papers. aint that enuff reason to refute her claim/ btw by n award i mean n award wrning. she also wants to give him a 0 for tht asesment tsk.

Divinity_

HSC
I don't think you can N award someone out of the course unless they get like, 3 warning letters isn't it? So if your teacher decides to give him one, that's only 1/3 needed for an N award. I don't know if that's the policy around at your school, but that's what I have at my school.
On another note, I think a teacher can use year 12 stuff in prelims, my year 11 half yearly was littered with past hsc qs.
That's true. You can't just N Award someone straight away. There must be warning letters sent to the Parents/Guardians of the student.

Hey do your N award warnings in Year 11 get counted onto Year 12?
Nope, system should reset.

EDIT: Most of the time, the teacher doesn't want the student to drop the subject. The N-warning letters are mostly just to scare you and encourage you to pick up your game.

Tangent

HSC
so my mates in yr 11 n his shit chem teacher wanna n awards him for a test. she says my mate didnt make a serious atmpt cause he didnt attmpt most fo the questions. my mate wanna refutes the claim by saying that the test was illlegitimate. it had yr 12 questions in it n teachers aint allowed to use those in prelim tests. can he do this/
have you been to the head of science, or deps or principal about this?? or any other teachers?

what is it with chem??? does anyone actually have a good chem teacher?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
if he's not getting an actual N award just a warning i don't think it's worth the drama. i had an issue with my chem teacher, complained and all this stuff, and they fixed the problem but there was this mutual hate between my teacher and i, and he's a bias pig so yeah... don't make it a big deal, it's just year 11

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have an epic Chemistry teacher! We are on-topic most times, but we can usually divert his attention to something else - he makes chemistry fun (especially with a running joke in the class when he says something like "We know how hydrogen reacts with flame" or "We know how methane reacts when burned", and then we'll say "Nah sir, we did it yesterday but I forgot. Can you show us again?" 99% of the time he'll get the equipment out and do it again) and he'll be going into my autobiography if I write one up.

Besides, my maths teacher put past-HSC questions into our paper and we weren't complaining. If you define that as "Year 12" questions, then your teacher has every right to do it if he can show the question was related to the syllabus.

Also, I know what a non-serious attempt is. At this other school I attend (my school has a student-share program), this guy was caught by my teacher playing table tennis during the Legal exam time. So he tells him to do the exam. My teacher walks past the table tennis room again in 15 minutes and he's there, and the guy says, "He's finished". Fast forward to exam give back day, he got 11%. He sat there for 10 minutes, did a few questions and on the marked paper, the presiding teacher wrote "Exam Start: 11:30, arrived 10 mins. late, handed back at 11:50". That is a non-attempt. However my teacher didn't award it, after all, it's Prelim HSC anyway. Well, at least he didn't announce he was giving him a non-attempt to the class...

Sarebs

HSC
have you been to the head of science, or deps or principal about this?? or any other teachers?

what is it with chem??? does anyone actually have a good chem teacher?
I have an awesome chem teacher!

Anyway, just because it's from a HSC paper doesn't mean it's a year 12 question. It could involve simple equations, lewis electron dot structures, etc...

Schoey93

HSC
Hey do your N award warnings in Year 11 get counted onto Year 12?
Basically no; yet technically yes.

Year 11 informs "knowledge and understanding" in the HSC courses. If you do not complete them ... WITHOUT GETTING AN N grade... well you basically don't get the HSC Testamur (IF your school is strict).

:)

Schoey93

HSC
I have an awesome chem teacher!

Anyway, just because it's from a HSC paper doesn't mean it's a year 12 question. It could involve simple equations, lewis electron dot structures, etc...
True, but HSC papers GENERALLY test the SYLLABI... so your logic is flawed.....yet... pretty... :hippie:hehehe

hahahahaaahaha (Kevin Rudd PM laugh) .

Sarebs

HSC
True, but HSC papers GENERALLY test the SYLLABI... so your logic is flawed.....yet... pretty... :hippie:hehehe

hahahahaaahaha (Kevin Rudd PM laugh) .
From going over past papers, and what my teacher has told me, you'll find some of your yr 11 knowledge tested in perhaps the first part of a four mark question, etc, rather than a whole question of it. So if the teacher only gave the first part of the question, or tweaked it, it would be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)