Can someone ask me some exponential equations where you change to quadratic (1 Viewer)

quickoats

HSC
The questions like 4^x + 6^x = 9^x (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to) can't be solved unless there's a convenient trick (like the quadratic one).

Similar questions might be 4^x + 10^x = 25^x etc but you probably couldn't algebraically find a solution to 2^x + 3^x = 7^x.

HSC
The questions like 4^x + 6^x = 9^x (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to) can't be solved unless there's a convenient trick (like the quadratic one).

Similar questions might be 4^x + 10^x = 25^x etc but you probably couldn't algebraically find a solution to 2^x + 3^x = 7^x.
Can you check my solution

A1La5

HSC
Ok here is the solution
You don't need logarithms for this at all. It's just substitution, unless I misunderstood the particular type of question you wanted.
For the equation you attempted, the solutions are and .

vernburn

HSC
Can you check my solution
You need to work on your setting out. Firstly you replace with without specifying. Furthermore, you should avoid stuff like "let ". You are better off choosing a different pronumeral to avoid confusion like "let ". You also left your answer as which doesn't make any sense! Good effort though.

A1La5

HSC
Oh lol i made a simple mistake lol
I think the kind of question you wanted is something like: e^2x - 6e^x + 5 = 0.
Yeah, my bad on that. Still though, it never hurts to revise the basics before trying more.

HSC
You need to work on your setting out. Firstly you replace with without specifying. Furthermore, you should avoid stuff like "let ". You are better off choosing a different pronumeral to avoid confusion like "let ". You also left your answer as which doesn't make any sense! Good effort though.
I replaced it to form the quadratic

Qeru

HSC
You don't need logarithms for this at all. It's just substitution, unless I misunderstood the particular type of question you wanted.
For the equation you attempted, the solutions are and .
Over the real numbers ofcourse, more generally

HSC
So should i use U instead of x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)