Can you be friends with an Ex? (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
azzie said:
prolly not
but its fun to pay people out for doing heaps of maths, since i cant do it
okay, i'll go bck to my hobbit hole which can't fit into.

so bieng smart is no use, but being a smart arse, makes your arse sore, right?

SweetSeasons

HSC
I get on so much better with my ex now that we have broken up. It's not awkward any more and yeah, he's one of my best mates now.

I think ex's can be friends.

Jezzabelle

when i'm having a crisis i still reach out to call my ex, and he still talks to me for 5+ hours straight, which by that time i have forgotten my problem and i'm laughing about something silly.

so yeh, my ex is the best sometimes, he was a shitty bf tho, cheated on me something chronic

SweetSeasons

HSC
hmm, yeah sometimes it's just not meant to be hey jezzy.
I love being friends with this guy. How ever I don't think I am ready to see him with his new gf. but that would be normal right?

SweetSeasons

HSC
corro, I get along better with my ex now that we have broken up. So I agree that after you break up it will never be the same, but perhaps it could be for the better like in my case.

corro

HSC
for the better? woah, thats almost unheard of. For me its always been too weird and uncomfortable

SweetSeasons

HSC
hmm, I think me n my ex where just never meant to be in a relationship. The only thing that annoys me is how it's always brought up, but I supose when next to every conversation turnes to sex and related things it's bound to. But I always mockingly tell him we all make mistakes.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i think you should wait a month or so before you try the friendship thing because it might just be your lingering feelings wanting to see him etc.

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah we made out a week after we broke up. it's been about 2 or 3 months now. No feelings lingering

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
friendship would be the last thing on my mind when first breaking up. your trying to forget them quickly. however, it still could be pssoible for a frienship to happen. yet it may not work out. people still think you have feeling for them, and will jump to conclusions, therefore creating a living hell for you, therefore regretting ever going out in the first place.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yes it is possiblel to be friends and no its not
it all really depends on the kind of relationship you had..and why you broke up..and how you broke up
and how you still feel..and all that jazz

Lushious88

HSC
definatly Not

i tried to be friends with my ex, and it ended up in 2 years of wasted time, and in the end, because of all the confusion and shit he had done to me, i told him i never wanted to speak to hiim again, and it feels so good!! you need space, you cant get over them if theyre right in your face, its like rubbing salt into a wound, especially if it was a serious relationship..your always going to have a soft spot for him/her..your not doing yourself any favours trying to maintain a friendship with an ex..it delays the getting over him/her process, and no one needs that. When you make the decision to go out with someone, i guess you gotta realise that eventually you will have nothing to do with them...not comfort yourself with the "we'll still be friends" bulshit...cause majority of the time..thats not the case.

My friend told me, that everytime she sees one of her ex's with a girl, even tho shes over them, she feels jealous...who else feels like that? and is it normal..or does it mean secretly you still have feelings for them?

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Minai said:
does it have to be a close friendship? I'm on friendly terms with my ex'es, meaning, I'll talk to them/hang out etc when I occasionally run into them.
Pretty much yes... this guy knows everything about me, he is literally the only person outside of my family that i trust completley, the person i turn to whenever anything goes wrong. He is just such a huge part of my life that to try and just be casual friends would be harder then to not see him at all.

And i think that might be where my problem is, its all very intense, so its almost the same as our relationship

I really have started trying to move on. The more time i spend away from him, the easier i am finding it to get angry with hima nd hate him, but then he calls and i forget all that and i am just so happy that he has called me. But then afterwards, or even halfway through the call, i start to feel really pathetic and desperate for not beiong strong enough to hate him or at least keep some distance

Its also kind of wierd becuase his parents haven't accepted that we have broken up and they keep inviting me to come and stay

Last edited:

frazzle

HSC
he's put you into such a difficult situation. but listen, you HAVE to take some time out to get over him. have you talked to him about this? tell him that you need distance.

you have realise that your life is no longer attached to his, and the inly option is to move on. forget about the friend thing for the moment, get used to life without him, and most of all, enjoy life without him. grab your friends and treat yourself.

it will be really hard at first but if you keep wanting him back when he doesn't want you back, you will be more hurt than you are now. and you know, you don't have to hate him to get over him.

trust me, it feels much better to know that your life is still really beautiful without him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)