casual sex or not? (1 Viewer)

shortie_689

HSC
feathers said:
But what would you do in this situation (for guys i probably know the answer, I'm more interested in what the girls have to say). Would you go for guarenteed sex, any time, 'no strings attached', or would you keep waiting?

this is what makes me laugh she immediately thought all the guys would say go for it and from what I have read they are all saying No... Don't do it, its a BAD idea and you will REGRET it so bad and then you could end up with some serious psychological issues

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i generally think that casual sex is one of those dangerous things you could put yourself into.

as long as you feel you are capable of blocking out previous feelings, and think nothing of it, then sure. if you are positive he feels nothing for you, then sure. but this is usually not the case, as much as you think you are able to do so.

i generally respect someone who has casual sex with someone and know that neither of you feel anything, than someone who wants casual sex to cling onto the past, and hope to god that they'd somehow come around.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i generally respect someone who has casual sex with someone and know that neither of you feel anything, .

i dont know if 'respect' is a word that comes to mind when i think of such a person!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i dont know if 'respect' is a word that comes to mind when i think of such a person!
i dont know whether its the right word either. it suggests that i would agree with their morals ay.

how about "would piss me off less"?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I do not see anything wrong with casual sex, so long as there are no substantial "relationship" feelings involved. Sometimes the friendship line just gets blurred and you let the love from the friendship shift temporarily into a different sphere - one of physical intimacy. There is nothing bad about this.

You have fun, trust and enjoy the company of a close friend - why not let that continue with sex? If you are sensible about it then mutual pleasure derived from non-relationship sex can be extremely fulfilling. It could even be described as relationship sex - just a relationship of friendship manifesting itself in the physical expression of making love.

Mind you, this should hold true so long as you don't let it take over, because sex can get addictive and you don't want to be simply craving it whenever you are in their company. If this is or becomes a problem then you can perhaps limit the opportunities for pleasuring each other by spending more time in sex-free contexts.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I do not see anything wrong with casual sex, so long as there are no substantial "relationship" feelings involved. Sometimes the friendship line just gets blurred and you let the love from the friendship shift temporarily into a different sphere - one of physical intimacy. There is nothing bad about this.

You have fun, trust and enjoy the company of a close friend - why not let that continue with sex? If you are sensible about it then mutual pleasure derived from non-relationship sex can be extremely fulfilling. It could even be described as relationship sex - just a relationship of friendship manifesting itself in the physical expression of making love.

Mind you, this should hold true so long as you don't let it take over, because sex can get addictive and you don't want to be simply craving it whenever you are in their company. If this is or becomes a problem then you can perhaps limit the opportunities for pleasuring each other by spending more time in sex-free contexts.
god i love you.

so eloquent
so wise
such sophistication.

*hot fluster*

Captain pi

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
god i love you.

so eloquent
so wise
such sophistication.

*hot fluster*
Be careful ur_inner_child! Rumour has it that Beethoven's Sonate Nr 14 does not see anything wrong in casual sex!

Op 27 #2 said:
I do not see anything wrong with casual sex, so long as there are no substantial "relationship" feelings involved.
Assuming this and that one must not do wrong, should an agent ascertain that another person does not consider that sex would arouse 'substantial "relationship" [sic] feelings' prior to intercourse? How much confidence would the agent need to act ethically?

HSC
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH HIM

He doesn't respect you as a person, your right to make your own important decision without his manipulative cajoling, or the fact that you value your virginity. He's trying to exploit your past relationship to use you for sex, which is horrible it itself as well as the last way you want to remember losing your virginity. Trust me, even if it isn't religiously important to you, it's something that you will remember that will affect you.

Have sex of your own independant choice, fully understanding what it means and what consequences will be, with someone who respects you, is considerate of you, and treats you the right way. It's of secondary importance whether that's in a relationship or casually. You deserve that. Do not sleep with this asshole, you will regret it.

Last edited:

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
hey yeh im considering fuking a close friend 4 me first time (17 yo) , over waiting for elusive 'mr right'
does pose some probs tho...

wat if hes no good?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
god i love you.

so eloquent
so wise
such sophistication.

*hot fluster*
Does this mean you'll casually sex him now?

Captain pi

HSC
Ennaybur said:
hey yeh im considering fuking a close friend 4 me first time (17 yo) , over waiting for elusive 'mr right'
does pose some probs tho...

wat if hes no good?
What is "Mr Right" is "no good"? Sexual Performance Indicies are not in the public domain.

dichotomy

HSC
I've started to think maybe it's a good idea to lose your virginity to someone who you don't have a great deal of emotion tied to. That way, when you sleep with someone in the future who you really like, you don't risk having the shock/disapointment/pain of your first time with someone you really like.

Let's face it, for a female the first time is not going to be physically good. So why not get it over with, so you don't have negative experiences with the people you like???

Just a thought

xx

davin

HSC
N/A
I've started to think maybe it's a good idea to lose your virginity to someone who you don't have a great deal of emotion tied to. That way, when you sleep with someone in the future who you really like, you don't risk having the shock/disapointment/pain of your first time with someone you really like.
would avoid the problem if its a relationship that goes badly that you have sex mentally tied to a relationship that treated you rough and all, so that does make a good case for it, really. since when a relationship leads to a 'first' for something...it leads to em being tied together in one's mind

dichotomy

HSC
davin said:
would avoid the problem if its a relationship that goes badly that you have sex mentally tied to a relationship that treated you rough and all, so that does make a good case for it, really. since when a relationship leads to a 'first' for something...it leads to em being tied together in one's mind
I don't mean to suggest you should sleep with someone who treats you "rough". By pain, I was referring to the almost inevitable physical pain females have with first time sex.

I mean that perhaps it's an OK idea if you're in a comfortable, friendship relationship, like that person suggested earlier.

davin

HSC
N/A
i didn't mean someone that treats you rough either....
i know what you meant, it just seemed that it had additional applications, beyond the physical pain the first time. my angle was more of an emotionally related one in that it can be a bit of a block if the only sex is with one person in a relationship that ends in an emotionally rough way, because then that can effect views on sex.

dichotomy

HSC
Yeah definately. There's always two sides to this kind of thing- no right thing to do. I guess you just have to decide for yourself whether you can divorce sex from emotion, which I think for females is pretty much impossible *ducks for cover*

davin

HSC
N/A
i've known plenty of girls that've done so just fine, and on same note, plenty possible for guys to not be able to do so much, either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)