Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
alliesum said:
First I would like to apologise to those who have to re-sit papers because of what may or may not be an internal error performed by our school. However the abuse of our students, the mocking uniform and the reference to us as "hey cute boy- let me give you my answers" is not anything I believe should be tolerated.

FACT- Cheltenham Girls do not make clear to students they sit the Catholic Trial Paper. Our exams were stamped with Cheltenham Girls cover pages, in no way acknowledging the exams composers.

FICTION- We ran out the exam giggling, travelling to nearby suburbs of Epping and Normanhurst to wait to pick the "cute boys" at Epping Boys, Normanhurst and other respective male schools- by yelling the anwers out to them in exchange for a date.

FACT- Cheltenham girls of a mature and simply human nature discussed the paper amongst themselves and inquisitive parents and friends. The students as a majority were unaware of the condtions- as it had not been relayed to them, and the peril of other students in the state sitting the very same paper. Please- to students who have demoralised everything associated with Cheltenham apart from the simple aspect that they are JUST LIKE YOU, they do talk, they do tell their friends who ask- because why would they assume other schools would do it, when every yr 12 at Cheltenham has always set internally set exams. I can assure you a vast high number of girls at cheltenham are intelligent, motivated young women who are deeply passionate about human rights, social justice, education and other people. However they are girls and girls talk. Fact of life. Thus a fact.

FICTION- It occured because
-our uniform is pink and we need a "fashion designer"

-our principal is a "dumbass faggot" male... interesting- SHE might like to hear about it

-Our school is a hole. Obviously you can dertmine this from your personal surrondings. As for the "streaker"- that wasn't at all publicised, so I think you may have outed yourself finally you sick and disgusting piece of human. There are plenty of people who can help you with that and they are waiting for your call.

-Our school is like a bush.
And this was really one of my personal highlights. We made you re-sit your trials because we have many tree's when Sydney is an area where trees are being torn down for pointless infastructure. Ooops- sorry.

FACT- I can assure you all, Cheltenham Girls are sorry for this error- and the association they immediately have with it. But the students are not at fault. The continual abuse of them will cause you- being the reader... no change to the trial that was cancelled, or the trial you now have to re-sit.
Also that the more empathetic majority at our school immediately reacted with "Well we should re-sit it too- thats unfair for other schools". You may tell me this notion is thought up or contrived. It's not. Sorry.

Prehaps you should take your anger into motivation. If you are so angry- BEAT US. Put all that pent up emotion into some hard core studying and remove us from our primary position as the top public school in the state. Get our UAI down and show us and yourself that this doesn't matter. Because in the long term it doesn't. We all want a good mark- no matter your school, so be angered at the system- but not at the students.

Thank you, Good Luck, Deepest Empathy and I might see you topping the state one day.
Although written pretty well, all I can say is get off your high horse mate. That last comment was hardly called for.

Nobody with half a brain blames your school, and if you actually take notice of morons such as bumbo then you're no better than them. Like they say in rugby, you can only play as well as the opposition will allow. In cases as moronic as this, you're not given much room for a decent discussion.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
juliareidd said:
OFFICIAL NOTICE:
I go to an all girls school on the North Shore and our principle and head of english had a meeting with our year and informed us that on the 15th August, ALL students / schools who sat the catholic trials for english (both AOS and modules) must redo the paper regardless of any circumstances. Both sections are to be completed in a four hour exam on that one day.
This is so absurd - everyone is extremely annoyed, and trust me HEADS ARE ROLLING!
A lot of the girls are talking about boycotting the exam by not answering the essay question, but writing their essays on the breach of security by Cheltenham.
Seeing that our papers are externally marked, we are depending on other schools to do this aswell so it can have a prevailing effect.

What do u guys think about this?
that totally sucks, for one we hav to study for both aos and modules in one go i think that'd be too much, and the fact that its a 4hr exam thats whey too long-no other subject does such a thing, cant they split the exams on two seperate days. But yea i hope it gets boycotted.

ps: i thought trial exams marked internally by ur school

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
juliareidd said:
A lot of the girls are talking about boycotting the exam by not answering the essay question, but writing their essays on the breach of security by Cheltenham.
Seeing that our papers are externally marked, we are depending on other schools to do this aswell so it can have a prevailing effect.

Trial papers are not externally marked.
You would be pretty stupid to do something like that, as it would have a big affect on your ranking and in turn, your final assessment mark. If nobody listens to you outside of the exam, why would they bother listening after they read your essays on Cheltenham.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Is it really worth this song and dance? Yes, it'd be annoying and stressful (although, the HSC isn't the be all and end all and I wish people would realise this), but it has happened. It was a mistake and mistakes happen - perhaps there is a better way to deal with it, but if you take your HSC as seriously as most on this board, is it really worth loosing your Year 12 Cert. over? Just do it and get it over with.

s_1987

Fact

bumbo_hippo said:
since we r stating facts and wat not.....
-ur skool needs a new fashion designer...i'm sure 90% of da pupils at ur skool HATE their uniform!!!
-ur principal is a fuken bitch!! she expelled me from killara high and she deserves so die!(and i will do da honours when i get my myself out of high skool)

From wat i c...80% of my friends who r in chelt~ for some reason...they go in being completely innocent and wat not...and comes out completely bitchy!
da only reason y ur skool is so high up in da ranks...is cuz gurlz BITCH! so they compete wif each other to get high markz...as in other co-ed high skoolz jus dun give rats ass bout their markz!

da reason i didn't go there was cuz of da uniform...
thank god i made da right decision!

FACT - bumpobippo your a lil bitch yourself listen to yourself. you talk about flawless subjects like "you got blue socks and pink uniforms" lols we dont give a fuck we aint here to impress anyone. you have the mental ability of a 12 year old who believes "pink" is better than"blue" and thats the extent of your knowledge. your just one of those people who think that the world revolves around beauty, facelifts and liposuction. lol.

FACT- judging that u dont give a rats ass about your marks i look forward to throwing pennys on the street to you one day.

FACT- you contradicted the nature of your argument. first of all you said that cheltenham was a shit school and there not good and killara had better ranks and now you say they get really good marks because there "bitchy". like i quoted before you can be one of those chicks from channel 7 new with botox lips and revolve there worlds around gossip and bullshit. i already linked you with REAL facts and now they ive proved that your posts r just utter crap. you can stop posting because i only like talking to people with intelligent thoughts to share.

FACT: DONT KNOCK us, because one day you who " dun give rats ass bout their markz" will one day be working for one of us, or getting a few pennys from living on the streets. and by the way if you dont give a rats ass about studying why the fuck do you care the trials being cancelled. just keep your barbie comments to yourself. because everyone else here has intelligent thoughts to share or actually cares. and im guessing the study too if they are concerned bout the trials getting cancelled.

FACT: your ideal as a barbie.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
What makes you so sure of yourself? You sound like a little North Shore snob who has Daddy pay her way through everything.

alliesum

HSC
White Rabbit said:
Although written pretty well, all I can say is get off your high horse mate. That last comment was hardly called for.

Nobody with half a brain blames your school, and if you actually take notice of morons such as bumbo then you're no better than them. Like they say in rugby, you can only play as well as the opposition will allow. In cases as moronic as this, you're not given much room for a decent discussion.

In all honesty. I appreciate those people with a half a brain. Those people are the ones who have sat down and faced the cock up made by the higher powers. What shouldn't be happening is this continual "fucken chelz girl" attitude- where people who have never in heard of the school are verbally dissing the same girls who go to Cheltenham. I genuinely hope all students with "half a brain" get a good mark. It's mature people like this- who can obviously be frusturated about it, but move on (I understand the major work students problem...) who deserve good marks.

While reading this column- I have left two comments, both hoping to make the situation clearer... I don't deny my principal sounds like a man. I am still not pleased with her or her actions. So I am sorry. I hope the respective boards will make decisons that are considerate and beneficial to students who have to answer our school's errors. And best of luck with that. Sorry to anyone else I have offended.

sarsh

HSC
damm

juliareidd said:
OFFICIAL NOTICE:
I go to an all girls school on the North Shore and our principle and head of english had a meeting with our year and informed us that on the 15th August, ALL students / schools who sat the catholic trials for english (both AOS and modules) must redo the paper regardless of any circumstances. Both sections are to be completed in a four hour exam on that one day.
This is so absurd - everyone is extremely annoyed, and trust me HEADS ARE ROLLING!

i think we should do it again. rebelling against it wont do much because i dont think everyone will participate in it, and even if they did, its not going to help because remember, they are doing this for the BEST of us. i have faith in the board, and if this makes it fair again. then we should, after all the people who have an advantage will still have the advantage in the end if we dont go through with it. nothing gets resolved, its only an exam we can do it again!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes i agree, just do it again. Its good practise anyway......

Out in the real world (yes the world beyond school) situations and problems such as this occur all the time. More often enough, employers will ask you do do many things at short notice etc. If you cant cope with a problem such as this one, then you sure as hell wont survive out in the workplace....

sarsh

HSC
btw im here4themusic you say to get over it and stuff but even you can clearly the the continued abuse of cheltenham girls. for example look at bumpohippo , she brings up bitch comments totally irrelevant to the subject. and directed at you bumpohippo if you have something to say of genuine interest to the subject feel free to share your thoughts. but if you want to bitch and gossip this is just not the place and time and its very immature of you. like the others said chuck in the textas and crayons! lol while you may think studying isnt a major priority others do, you cant just generalise like that.

btw replying to one of the concerns you guys were speaking of. you know how you said how its possible for people to have an advantage when they didnt kno it was the catholic trial papers cheltenham had? well maybe the teachers are concerned because usually people who are productive, will find out questions from their friends and practice on it, therefore giving them an advantage. it really depends on someones will power. you know what i mean? so regardless of if they did know it or not , it still gives them a fair advantage.

i got to cheltenahm and when i took the test i had noo idea that we were doing the catholic trial papers. i only remember having the cheltenham girls high school logo at the front, but while your in exam you dont really pay attention to minor details. people reacon we should of but we didnt becuase we are stressing over what to actually write in exam!people dont pay attention to small detials when theres bigger ones there worrying about. I myself am guilty of giving out the question to one of my friends (more like acquaintances) because he asked me and i had no idea that our school had the catholic trial papers and so did his! cmon his school is in bloody cabrammatta, bonnyrigg high. after that, i asked him what
he his test was and it was EXACTLY the same as ours , but thank god he didnt remember the question lol. see its just small detials like this, he could of practised on the question i gave him if he really wnated to study his ass off. and plus i would of NEVER gave him the question if i knew that he had the same test as us NO WAY. why would i want to disadvantage myself and the intergrity of MY marks. I want to beat as many people as possible. after all you are competing against everyone in the grade.

Last edited:

sarsh

HSC
i think in a way this is great we are given another chance to study. i aint so stressed we are just handed another pile of work if its gota be done, its gota be done. unfortunately, i would have it differently if we had a choice but we really dont. guys think of the benefits now we know for sure this time its COMPLETELY fair. (even though i have no idea how cheltenham resitting the exxam will make it more fair since we did it in the first place) but oh well shit happends.

sarsh

HSC
White Rabbit said:

lols hahahaha agreeed dun worri gurls dont take notice of bumbo

bumbo_hippo

HSC
alrite..i'm sorry~

i should b saying danxs! since they gave me da Q to my eng paper...
buh i didn't use it cuz....i dont caree?
buh either way...
if all u pplz think dat studying is so important..wat da hell r u all still doin online?!!
o_O
shouldn't u guyz b studying or something?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
bumbo_hippo said:
alrite..i'm sorry~

i should b saying danxs! since they gave me da Q to my eng paper...
buh i didn't use it cuz....i dont caree?
buh either way...
if all u pplz think dat studying is so important..wat da hell r u all still doin online?!!
o_O
shouldn't u guyz b studying or something?

*cough* the question is shouldnt you be studying as well?

Btw a mod may want to move this to one of the general HSC forums......The discussion is not exclusive to English AOS

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Deus said:
*cough* the question is shouldnt you be studying as well?

i dun find HSC important..
and incase u haven't noticed already...i dont care?

so y would i study...if i dont care?
y should i care if my parentz dont care?!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
bumbo_hippo said:
i dun find HSC important..
and incase u haven't noticed already...i dont care?

so y would i study...if i dont care?
y should i care if my parentz dont care?!
lol ironic then that you are browsing an HSC related site.... :)

jessied

HSC
someone said (can't remember who) that all schools who sat the cathoilc english paper have to do it again on the 15th of august.. this is not possible because they're are exams on this day (ext english, art and hospo).. my schools not doing the english exams again, the teachers have already marked half of it

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
jessied said:
someone said (can't remember who) that all schools who sat the cathoilc english paper have to do it again on the 15th of august..

This person was misinformed.

schmo

I would like to thank the majority of people here on thing board who have maturely stated their concerns and have NOT directed their anger and frustration at the Cheltenham students. It is nice to know that the majority of people understand that Cheltenham students are not to blame and do not deserve the treatment they are being dealt by many other ignorant people. Basically, I'd just like to say that we appreciate the understanding we have received from most of you and we are grateful that the majority of people do not blame us for the gravely unfortunate mistake that occurred. Thanks! :)

jessied

HSC
Originally Posted by juliareidd
OFFICIAL NOTICE:

????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)