• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoz The Great

HSC
helper said:
So you will need the same time period as the real HSC for trials. It is not feasible. 4 weeks out of term 3 and still finish all the syllabuses. Then are you going to do the same for all other assessment tasks?
That's why I said I wasn't for it. It's too much.

Danoz The Great

HSC
goan_crazy said:
Dani thats what has MEANT to have happened with CSSA...
the policy was that schools all do it to their timetable
however, cheltenham rebelled and did it a week earlier.
Every other school (well most of them anyway) that we are aware of abided to the guidelines and did it when they were meant to.
Each to their own, they can be allowed to do the paper early if they want to.

And that isn't what I said either. What I said was that any independant school should be able to do the CSSA papers if they want . You are like talking to a brick wall sometimes Joe, you know that?!

Phobos

jermir you degenerate keep your essays to yourself, no one wants to hear what you have to say, you may think you're mad because you know who people are despite them putting different names, but wtf is Jermir Caesar, you think just because you do latin that you're an emperor, guess what Jermir.. you're a loser, well done wasting time writing essays to try and make yourself seem cool, and don't bother replying to this because chances are I won't read it

Last edited by a moderator:

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
no point playing the blame game people. just cop it sweet on the chin. i think its quite obvious that the chelt. chicks are not at fault here... read thru the threads n ull c a similar trend in their posts. "we didnt know it was a CSSA paper"... its ok girls i believe yaz lol i dont know how all this arguing and childish name-calling will resolve the situation... the fact of the matter is... it was a misunderstanding in the admin of chelt. end of story.... get over it guys...

DanielleM

HSC
r.haidar said:
no point playing the blame game people. just cop it sweet on the chin. i think its quite obvious that the chelt. chicks are not at fault here... read thru the threads n ull c a similar trend in their posts. "we didnt know it was a CSSA paper"... its ok girls i believe yaz lol i dont know how all this arguing and childish name-calling will resolve the situation... the fact of the matter is... it was a misunderstanding in the admin of chelt. end of story.... get over it guys...
True!!!!!!

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
DanielleM said:
does Mount Saint Benedicts have to do it again? considering we are just up the road from Cheltlem??
i think most schools in the vacinity of chelt. will have to do it. but ur your year co-ordinator/subject co-ordinator will notify you of a time and date, its not like ur gunna go to school ready for class and they slam a test on ya so destress lol

schmo

ellipses said:
The whole situation is propagating from everyone's lack of information and misinformation. The fact of the matter is that the problem was not caused by us Cheltenham Girls personally (because we couldn't have known that our trial was the CSSA one until after we'd done Paper 2, by which time the CSSA trial was officially run and the questions turned out to be the same) and that deserves no vilification in the form of trading needless and petty insults, and the laying of blame where one doesn't know the facts. Thank you to those who have agreed and said that it wasn't our fault.

In all truth, none of us truly know what happened. And what we were told was that Administration overlooked that it had to be sat on a certain date and time. I don't find this terribly hard to believe as sometimes I don't think our own teachers know when our trials and things are meant to be on. There have been numerous occasions in which I've heard teachers asking US when trials are and then saying, "Well, I better finish writing your papers." And certainly, the teachers doing the timetabling (someone in maths, usually, and they always do a good job of making sure nothing clashes and that there are teachers available to supervise) have no idea as to the nature of each subject's papers as all of them vary--there's Catholic, self-written, bits and pieces of bought and self-written papers...as far as I know, their job was merely to timetable the exams, not to make sure that they had been informed correctly.

No matter what happened, it seems a lot more appropriate to vent your anger amongst yourselves as it's pretty much obvious that opinions clash and will continue to clash. This thread is just all about banging our heads against the wall...

I still find it hard to believe that people think that it was possible for us to have been able to work out that the English papers were Catholic ones. It takes two to tango...in this case at least.

Maybe we should nominate you, Jo, for the Spirit of Cheltenham award.. :) I can't think of anyone else with more school spirit...but a few of your posts are a bit redundant. Some people just can't be bothered reading 37 pages of posts, that's the problem.

IPT and 3U Maths on Thursday! *crosses fingers and starts worrying about things other than English*
Ahh, Val glad you could join us.

I understand that opinions will continue to clash and I accept that. However, it is the opinions that are purely based upon misinformation and the hurtful attacks on Cheltenham staff and students that I cannot accept. I know that the majority of people here agree that Cheltenham students are not to blame and I thank you for your understanding, but there are many others out there who see fault in individual students and that somewhat angers and frustrates me. But I also know that I can't change people's opinions, I only hope to provide correct information and support for my fellow peers and staff.

Oh yeah, thanks for the compliment Val...I think

stuge

HSC
Phobos- said:
jermir you degenerate keep your essays to yourself, no one wants to hear what you have to say, you may think you're mad because you know who people are despite them putting different names, but wtf is Jermir Caesar, you think just because you do latin that you're an emperor, guess what Jermir.. you're a loser, well done wasting time writing essays to try and make yourself seem cool, and don't bother replying to this because chances are I won't read it
rofl waffle
i wish jermir wuld write shit like that on our forums..i wonder how long hed stay alive

HSC
Jermir Caesar; how the hell did you manage to figure out who they where?!

well anyways, i really cbf reading 35+ pages thread, but are you guys arguing over that Cheltenham Girls are to blame for the exam, and that the girls spreading what the exam is about as well?

If so let me fire back my 2 cents,
firstly, the students at Cheltenham Girls didn't force the teachers to do the trials, the administration staff (and probably teachers, who knows) did, so i wouldnt be blaming them

secondly, out of what, at least 500 girls? (maybe more sorry I dont know this school well) youre saying not 1 will talk about an exam she did to maybe her friend or even boyfriend about an exam?

unrealistic here, we're arguing 38 pages cant we just nail it down and say

holy shit batman, some people that run Cheltenham girls high school made a mistake!

Last edited:

heffy

HSC
hey Jermir Caesar

You dont want us to hide behind pseudonyms? My name is Jono. Now that we got that out of the way that post was so freaking lame. Let us have our anger, I mean i dont give a rats ass about the resit but still you gotta understand how pissed off some people are.

Love Bono

xoxo

p.s I think liam just posted ur post on our forums so I tihnk some people are gonna be fair pissed off at you :)

dreamon36

HSC
Casmira said:
Jermir Caesar; how the hell did you manage to figure out who they where?!
Cos we use the same emails and nicks as on our school forum.

Really anyone still blaming the students is just trolling, responding to them is just as bad, ignore them. Someone made a very stupid mistake, it happens, life goes on. Build a metaphorical bridge and get over it.

Anyway back to business studies which may or may to be comprimsed... =P

Oh yeh and FFS ignore Jemir.

stuge

HSC
Jermir Caesar said:
Ahhh look at all the pseudonyms... the very people I know hide their names because they dare not say out loud what they would willingly write.
Stuart Chater. Big Stuart Chater opened his big wide gob. You didn't really think you'd get away with this one did you? "stupid... dumb bitch" But weren't you vying with Scott for second-last place in the grade in Physics? Why are you at our school Stuart? "obviously a fat slut" Now without bringing out the usual techniques of inversion and irony, I think those who know you can safely say that no one could exceed your size, and therefore that comment is invalid. Oh and look at the language! It must reflect on the parents... or if not, the corrupted mind.
lol, ur guna die a painful and horrible death jermir..i wish i hadve actually bothered to read wat u had to say earlier..i read the first bit, decided u still didnt deserve to be alive, then moved on..seriously, last place in the grade? you stupid douche! i got estimated the position i got, which certainly wasnt last in the grade, then surprisingly in the 2 assessments iv actually been able to do myself i got full marks, and in the last exam im sure i wulda whipped ur arse..maybe before u start commenting on what i say, you should look at what im trying to get accross..wuld u really sit back and let chelto say were rejects? i think u wuld..u know why jermir? coz its people like u who come to school wearing shinpads and looking like this on a daily basis

bumbo_hippo

HSC
pplz still talking bout this chelt thing?
watz da point...!?
decision is made to re-sit da test..so live wif it!
and technically...chelt did change da 'reality and possiblity' blah sentence...
they took out like 2 words or something..

schmo

DRAGONZ said:
Hiya. You've been the most ardent supporter of your school. Good on you, and hopefully, like 'ellipses' suggests, you shall win the 'Spirit of Cheltenham' award!

But back to this post. And Jo (I take it you are Jo), you know just as well as I do that Trials are merely a structured format used to determine internal ranks only. A girl spreading the question to students attending another school is not in the least adversely affected.
I believe you are Robert P. right? Well, thank you for the compliment. But I think that I did not explain myself well and thus you misunderstood me. I was merely saying that if Cheltenham students did indeed know we were sitting the Catholic Trial and then leaked it, these actions would ultimately result in the 'hate' of our school (which is already evident). So it would be illogical for us to do this intentionally.

stuge

HSC
yep, and here he is again, for ur viewing pleasure..didnt work out right in the last post..ur such a tool jermir, u werent even taking a moral stance, u just have sum fantasy that maybe, if u try and throw back a bit of the shit that every person in our grade has thrown at u at least once, ur pathetic excuse for existance will seem a little grander..but the thing is, u deserve everything u get, fuckin jerk

christina88

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hey Christina. I've read your posts and heard a little about you from one of my friends, and you seem like a decent girl.

But hey, please don't question the integrity or validity of any of our students' opinions. What they think is just as valid as what you think. This is a situation where there is no right and no wrong for the students, because all involved have been adversely affected.

Hi, if I'm right about who I think you are, then I just have to say a thankyou, because I know of the part you and people alike have played and endured these past few weeks.

I think you misunderstand me, because I didn't mean to suggest my opinion was more valid than any of the NSB's. I do respect quite a few of you, whilst others I was just a bit angry at, and that was what I used in responding to that message. I realise now it came across the wrong way, and for that I apologise. Getting to know myself for 17 years has taught me that I will emotionally respond to attacks on anything I value, whether it be my friends, peers, school, family etc. In this case my response was of outrage, annoyance and hurt, and accordingly my words came from my heart rather than my head. Sorry guys.

Goodluck for the rest of your exams.

Last edited:

mysteriouslyME

HSC
hahha

James87 said:
And on a side note, you spell the word fucked as I just did,not fukt. Well, it is not in the Normanhurst or North Sydney Boys dictionary spelt like that
err ahhahahahah well im not from Normanhurst or North Sydney Boys am i? and wat does it matter how to spell a swear word.. havent you ever heard of msn typing? theres many various ways to spell any one/wun/1 word so who realli cares? or should i say reallY cares -__-" if u/yu/yoo/yooh/you wanna say something useful, try commenting on other things more important.. this isnt a spelling competition

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
i wanna know when they are hoping 2 get these trials done??

most schools wont go bak until at least next week, then they hav 2 decide what they are doing....give that a week, then 2 weeks notification...so far we are up2 the start of week 8, say it was done then, we hav say minimum one week 2 mark both papers if every member of english staff chips in...thats week 9, bos marks are due in week 7.....interesting :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)