• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Trials f*ck up (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
schmo723 said:
I am a Cheltenham Student. Now before All of you start abusing us like the rest of the state, I want to make one thing clear. THIS WAS NOT OUT FAULT SO STOP ABUSING US PERSONALLY! I am sick of the comments from random people personally abusing us, it's uncalled for.

However, to answer your questions:
We were not told that we did the catholic trial AT ALL...we went into the exam thinking that the paper was one written by our teachers.
We are still on exams so we have not had any official word from any of our teachers. We only realised the stuff up from the numerous people who have attacked us and are asking us for information on the paper.
In response to who's fault it was, like I have already said there has been no communication between Cheltenham teachers and students on the matter. However, many of us have speculated that it was a mistake on the Head Teacher English...but I need to stress that we still have no idea what the hell happened for such a big mistake to be overlooked.
There has also been consideration for us to resit the exam too as a result of pressure from other schools...the whole 'if we have to redo it, so do they' thing. Which I personally think is unfair because we had no advantage, it was the selfish people who managed to obtain information from unaware cheltenham students who were handed the advantage. Yet, I understand that it is also the fairest way of dealing with the problem and I accept that re-sitting the exam is almost inevitable.

Goddamn...we at cheltenham are not a happy bunch. We are continuously being blamed for something that we, the students, knew nothing about and we are copping the flack as a result of someone else's mistake.
Fuck yes. I mean, not dissing your school or anything but the fuck you cheltenham girls comment by me was very heartfelt. Though it wasn't directed at any students. Fuck the selfish guys from my school who should be expelled who recieved info from your school, how selfish can you get?

Raginsheep

HSC
No one blames the girls however many of us would blame Cheltenham Girl's admin and teacher staff.

As far as I can tell, there's still alot of unanswered questions out there.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
ms_clumsy said:
well u know what the pt is? the pt is that no matter how much u whinge, u whine, u complain here it ain't gonna change anything...if u want sth to change i dunno sgo and write a letter of complaint or concern or whatever, stop friggen blame cheltz
I did write a letter of concern, and if you actually took the time to read what I had said, I wasn't blaming Cheltenham students, nor was I complaining here.

christina88 said:
not evry1 has been practising for 2 yrz u f0b. therez nothing wrong with a 'practise-practise hsc exam' and itl b beneficial 4 evry1. if you'v alredy done ur english trial n havta do it agn,
f0b? Excuse me?
When I said everyone has been practicing for two years, I meant we have been doing exams like this one for two years (year 11 and year 12). No it won't be beneficial for everyone, because it means we have to study for it all over again, as well as the exams we are having in the days before the new English exams. It means added stress over the Trial exam period, which may mean decreased marks in other subjects.

christina88 said:
it's hapening for a reason, and hey, mayb u'll do beta this time.
And hey, maybe I'll do worse this time.

Perhaps you two should find somebody else from Cheltenham to represent the school, because you certainly aren't going to be making people think better of your school with what you have said here.

Last edited:

emtwo

HSC
Crofty88 said:
am i meant to understand that?! haha...
ok- I may not know you.

i was going to type my name but the stupid message box said it was too short.

I believe I may or may not have been in your class in year 6. or at your school at any rate.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
the english staff may not be aware of issues as such (set trial dates etc)

but exam times must be aproved by the principle

your principle is the loser that has to resign

christina88

HSC
hell yea.. f*k the cheating guys who tried 2 get inf0 from unaware chelt0 gurlz, some of whcih seemingly succeeded. look what's happend now, its KARMA and its fair! :p
as a chelt0, i dnt mind doing the paper agn, sure it's annoying c0z i liked my answers :(, but its practice and its hapening for a reason!

Crofty88

HSC
ahha... crazy... well you may... small school right? haha

emtwo

HSC
Crofty88 said:
yes quite small. One and a half classes for year 6 in our year.

Just so I don't embarass myself further, am I right to say that you were school captain?

Crofty88

HSC
HA! nah... must be the wrong person... :p i went to epping heights... clarify things? aha

emtwo

HSC
Crofty88 said:
HA! nah... must be the wrong person... :p i went to epping heights... clarify things? aha
oh shit no. sorry wrong guy.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Not too sure if someone said this or not. Or even if indeed its true.

Some people heard of the Catholic Maths Trial being leaked, or something along these lines, so our school had written up its own trial. Its either Maths or some other subject, forget which but yeah, they said incase its true this is unfair, etc.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
How did the "cheating guys" (?) find out that Cheltenham was actually using the Catholic papers?

Crofty88

HSC
HAHA... better luck next time...

anyways - back to the point... dont blame the chelto girls... :p btw - you do realise if anyone gets the cut it will be the principal.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
why are u all getting so defensive i think that if u read all the posts in this thread most if not all ppl realise that it is the staff's fault not the girls

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
jebbie said:

Some people heard of the Catholic Maths Trial being leaked, or something along these lines, so our school had written up its own trial. Its either Maths or some other subject, forget which but yeah, they said incase its true this is unfair, etc.
I can only hope my school has decided to do the same, and has postponed the maths exam as a result :p
I'm so not going to be ready to do it on Monday. I've yet to study, and I won't be home til Sunday.

pinkie_monty

jebbie said:

We havent done our maths trials yet...so it wouldnt be us dat leaked

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
Crofty88 said:
Hey Sean. I think a lot of blame should go to specific Epping Boys and North sydney Boys that I know that cheated. Sean remember John Lee getting up and going out 3 times in the exam and looking all smug? Now you know why.. I wonder if he'd still have that smile on his face when he's getting gang bashed..?? I wouldn't mind finding out..

christina88

HSC
one instance i kno of is that nsb epping normo friendz askd chelt0z wha their journeyz qu was, 2 do for practise. on discovering it was the same qu they encountered on monday, they found out it was the same paper, and askd for the modulez qu, unknowing to most chelt0z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)