Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysteriouslyME

HSC
fkwit

bumbo_hippo said:
life goes on....
errr im sure if u had thousands of people abusing U and took on the responsiblility of the consequences of this mistake, U wudnt be saying "LIFE GOES ON" fukn have respect and some heart. maybe js cos ur not the target you dont give a fuk, which onli shows how selfish u are.. but even if u arent i would like to think the average person would atleast have SOME DECENCY in their fukn minds.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
mysteriouslyME said:
errr im sure if u had thousands of people abusing U and took on the responsiblility of the consequences of this mistake, U wudnt be saying "LIFE GOES ON" fukn have respect and some heart. maybe js cos ur not the target you dont give a fuk, which onli shows how selfish u are.. but even if u arent i would like to think the average person would atleast have SOME DECENCY in their fukn minds.
Whoa cool it...people! No need to swear

schmo

There is no need to swear, MysteriousME...i know you are hurt and annoyed too but there is no need to resort to profanity buddy, don't sink to their level

timmay05

HSC
Alright...

Well before anyone else points a finger at me for getting the media involved (like people at my school). I only spoke to one newspaper, and it wasn't the telegraph, I am not that stupid!

We had reporters outside our school before the exam.

It was going to get out sooner or later just by people talking...

Anyway... to the people that have had to deal with the verbal abuse... sorry for any part I had in any of it. Goodluck with the rest of your trials... and will someone please write a critical analysis of the telegraphs article (using this thread as your reference point) for representations of the truth!

Lol

Anyway... now at normo we only have to redo Paper 2. Thye are lettign allt he others go through regardless.

Everyone write Editorials to the telegraph arguing the points it makes. Just make sure you don't phrase it as if you are being forced to resit it, or it will just fuel their fire.

sly fly

HSC
I dont know why so many people are complaining. Try and look at it from another perspective. Re-sitting the trials allows for students to correct any mistakes they made, or otherwise to perfect their exam technique. It just means that u get extra time to study.

And for those who think they went well in the original trials, it shouldn't really make a difference. Just try and repeat your performance. You need to be able to do that anyway for the hsc.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Who was it that decided to have ur exams a week earlier, cheltenham? Who was it that ordered the papers from CSSA and breeched the conditions by sitting the exam earlier? who ever did that should be fired. Its not that i actually care that much about resitting the exam, its just the principle that so many students have to resit this exam just because ur school administrators thought they'd be clever and breech contract.

schmo

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion, but I would really like to stress that it was an honest mistake. I don't think that anyone at our school would deliberately do something like that...with all the abuse and bad press we are getting no one at our school, especially our principal, would not put us through that. It was a unfortunate mistake one that has resulted in severe consequences, not a deliberate act of subversion, not a ploy to be clever and not a deliberate act to breech contract.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
schmo723 said:
You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion, but I would really like to stress that it was an honest mistake. I don't think that anyone at our school would deliberately do something like that...with all the abuse and bad press we are getting no one at our school, especially our principal, would not put us through that. It was a unfortunate mistake one that has resulted in severe consequences, not a deliberate act of subversion, not a ploy to be clever and not a deliberate act to breech contract.
Ahhh...after all noone is perfect. It's good to make mistakes...so we learn from them...Thats why they have 'backspace' on keyboards and 'erasers' on pencils

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
schmo723 said:
Just out of curiousity, do you have any idea how it could've been done accidentally? My principal went through both exams side by side, and there was only one line in the Cheltenham exam that was different from the Catholic Trials. That one line was changed, the school emblem was chucked on the front, and it was presented to the students a week earlier than the CSSA rules clearly state. Not trying to get you riled up, just wondering how anyone could accidentally do that (and your theories)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
All I can say is I wont blame you girls for what happened, but expect hell from the catholic schools in the western suburbs and southern because if any of us wogs has to do it again I can assure you there will be war. Catholic schools in our area aren't like your public selective-ish institutions. So your principal better hope none of our schools have to sit those exams again.
Oh no, they are gonna bash us all... ur pathetic, stop trying to be so tough, ur on an internet forum, who the fu*k r u trying to impress?

schmo

The lastest news today tha we have been officially given is the only schools that have been confirmed are Normanhurst Boys, Carlingford High and North Sydney Boys.
These are all public schools not catholic school so you need not worry.

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey, MysteriouslyMe.

Whilst I go to one of the schools that has to redo the trials,(at least partially), I would like to comment that I do not blame you, or any of your fellow students for the incident. However, you can say anything you like in defence of your teachers/principal, but the unmistakeable truth of the matter is, they botched up the trials. They also mislead YOU, to believe your English papers 1&2 were Cheltenham papers, not Catholic. Or at least, they told everyone that they took 1question from the Catholic Trial (Lear) and placed it with your exam. This was a blatant lie, you DID do the Catholic Paper. So whatever you say to in their defense won't hold any leverage. Sure we all make mistakes, but the varying consequences associated with our decisions make some mistakes more costly than others - and this one has huge consequences.

Are you going to have to redo your trial papers too?
And on a side note, you spell the word fucked as I just did,not fukt. Well, it is not in the Normanhurst or North Sydney Boys dictionary spelt like that

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
schmo723 said:
I can see that it probs was an honnest mistake, but never the less a mistake that shouldn't have happened. Someone should get in serious trouble for it cos it has caused alot of damage. All the teachers at my school had already spent hours marking the exams and now all that time was wasted, not to mention the stress kids were in before their exam and the actaully 4 hrs the exam took, all that was a waste because of 1 persons actions. one person who didnt pay enough attention to the CSSA rules, and didnt think things thru.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Im not trying to impress anyone idiot, ill be at home studying while the juvenile deliquents at my school run rampage... some of the boys in my year have been to jail lol...
What did they do? Cause a riot or protest on the fact that another school did the exam earlier?

schmo

Jayphen said:
Just out of curiousity, do you have any idea how it could've been done accidentally? My principal went through both exams side by side, and there was only one line in the Cheltenham exam that was different from the Catholic Trials. That one line was changed, the school emblem was chucked on the front, and it was presented to the students a week earlier than the CSSA rules clearly state. Not trying to get you riled up, just wondering how anyone could accidentally do that (and your theories)
I do not know how it happened exactly, but do you honestly believe that our teachers would do something like that on purpose? knowing full well that if something like this breach could have occurred they would be held fully responisble and that it would put our school on thin ice?
I can assure you that it was a mistake that occurred without the knowledge of our principal.
People make mistakes, it's how we learn.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
haha nothing yet, dont tihnk my school will have to do it again either... simply because its run by low-lifes who cant be bothered marking our exams let alone setting another one... the first thing that was said when i told the boys in my year what happened was "WHAT BRO! NO WAY BRO IM NOT DOING THAT SHIT AGAIN!! FUCK BRO WHO RORTED IT BRO WE"LL FUCK EM UP WALLA" hehe
I hope we don't either

schmo

haboozin said:
I can see that it probs was an honnest mistake, but never the less a mistake that shouldn't have happened. Someone should get in serious trouble for it cos it has caused alot of damage. All the teachers at my school had already spent hours marking the exams and now all that time was wasted, not to mention the stress kids were in before their exam and the actaully 4 hrs the exam took, all that was a waste because of 1 persons actions. one person who didnt pay enough attention to the CSSA rules, and didnt think things thru.
Yes I realise that this mistake is something that shouldn't have happened, it is a mistake. And as I had stated earlier, a price is being paid after so many of you voiced your concerns about the matter. Our upper management is under investigation...it seems to me that people are dealing with the serious issues.

Wakaveli

Happenin Muthafuka
HSC
James87 said:
Hey, MysteriouslyMe.

Whilst I go to one of the schools that has to redo the trials,(at least partially), I would like to comment that I do not blame you, or any of your fellow students for the incident. However, you can say anything you like in defence of your teachers/principal, but the unmistakeable truth of the matter is, they botched up the trials. They also mislead YOU, to believe your English papers 1&2 were Cheltenham papers, not Catholic. Or at least, they told everyone that they took 1question from the Catholic Trial (Lear) and placed it with your exam. This was a blatant lie, you DID do the Catholic Paper. So whatever you say to in their defense won't hold any leverage. Sure we all make mistakes, but the varying consequences associated with our decisions make some mistakes more costly than others - and this one has huge consequences.

Are you going to have to redo your trial papers too?
And on a side note, you spell the word fucked as I just did,not fukt. Well, it is not in the Normanhurst or North Sydney Boys dictionary spelt like that
Our principal more or less gave us the facts 2day.

Apparently TWO students at NSBHS started a chain of events on wed/fri, as they told their admin they had seen the paper b4. Some NSBHS teachers contacted Normanhurst abt this - starting the whole fiasco.

James87 is correct - the papers sat by cheltenham were sent to our school for comparison, and they are the exact same as the catholic trials (less a quote used in the Mod C question).

The BOS and DET position, as told to our principal, is that the trials are still secure, as it is unlikely that anyone gained any advantage from it (BS). As a result, our school will have to redo paper 2 - but not paper 1. To make things worse, someone went and bitched to the telegraph abt this (although Timmay rkns he bitched to SMH instead).

As for the ppl defending Cheltenham - it doesn't remove the fact that a major league bungle on their part has screwed hundreds of students over, during a most stressful time of their year 12 course. I guess its punishment enough, that the catholic trials are unlikely to be sold to them again due to the catholic association exclusivity policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)