Chances of me going to a Selective School (different person) (1 Viewer)

hereiam

HSC
Really? At my school they do it according to your ranks

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Ranks at my school are not really based on your marks because the marks are pushed and pulled so that people are given A's and B's accordingly....

e.g. I got 100% class mark in religion and 91% exam mark and only got a B. Only 2 people in the year got higher than me they were 93% and 97%. I think I still deserved an A.

bored of sc

HSC
A common percentage/grade scale is:

85-100% = A

65-84% = B

45-64% = C

25-44% = D

0-24% = E

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
bored of sc said:

85-100% = A

65-84% = B

45-64% = C

25-44% = D

0-24% = E
I am quite shitty with my teachers giving me a B in Religion because my marks were well into the A category. *glares at teacher*. I really don't like the teacher I currently have because he is a hopeless teacher and doesn't even understand the material... I am thinking of changing classes (religion is not graded).

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
haha Id say that you might stand a chance, but it depends on the school you are applying to. You do however stand a chance in a school ranked in the top 100s.

G

gmail92

I think it depends on other people who apply, and how they compare. Do you have to sit any kind of test beforehand?

haha im applying for baulko. wish me luck. =]

what do you guys think?

this years report is straight A's except for PE which I got a B (><)
95% in maths,, 90% in commerce (highest report marks)
last years report is all A's except for English and PE which I got a B (><)
distinction (eg. english, computer, chemistry, science)
high distinction (geography, maths, )

i dunno whether i should put yr 8 2006 things. i think it might be too old, but i got a lot of HDs in year 8. any ideas?

HSC
bored of sc said:

85-100% = A

65-84% = B

45-64% = C

25-44% = D

0-24% = E
ithat B range is really great..
it would be sooo easy to get a B

I think it depends on other people who apply, and how they compare. Do you have to sit any kind of test beforehand?

haha im applying for baulko. wish me luck. =]

what do you guys think?

this years report is straight A's except for PE which I got a B (><)
95% in maths,, 90% in commerce (highest report marks)
last years report is all A's except for English and PE which I got a B (><)
distinction (eg. english, computer, chemistry, science)
high distinction (geography, maths, )

i dunno whether i should put yr 8 2006 things. i think it might be too old, but i got a lot of HDs in year 8. any ideas?
the trick is to say this in your letter thing

HD's, D, in ehatever comp
HD's, D, in whatever comp
SRC

but dont actually mention which year..

so i suppose it would be like..

Over the course of my educational learnig at ABC HS, I have received HD's D etc etc..

Last edited:
G

gmail92

i dont think we have to write a letter though o_O

its just the application form and academic evidence (reports, certs etc.)

so like scans of the awards and report,, no actual letter

okay, ill shove some of the 2006 stuff in there ;)

btw, is yr 11 usually 13 units?

cuz atm i have maths ext., eng adv., IPT, business, chem and physics....and thats already 13 ><

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
gmail92 said:
btw, is yr 11 usually 13 units?

cuz atm i have maths ext., eng adv., IPT, business, chem and physics....and thats already 13 ><
Its not unusual to have 13units in Year 11. Its a minimum of 12. More than likely I will, however some schools dont accommodate in their timetable for 13units so check with your school

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
agirlinatutu said:
Its not unusual to have 13units in Year 11. Its a minimum of 12. More than likely I will, however some schools dont accommodate in their timetable for 13units so check with your school
I think that school should at least be able to accommodate for 14 units. The students that really are advanced or able to apply themselves in many area should have the chance to attempt the more units :D

My school can manage a few people doing 15. That is no free's at all and some work done at home. I'm only doing 12 YAY. 11 Free periods next year.

Silph

HSC
I currently attend Westfields Sports High School (Rank 339) and wish to change to Hurlstone Agricultural High School (Rank 26).

My performance in school is good and top 10 for almost every subject (in grade). Did SC during year 9 for Maths and English, and doing 2U in yr 9 and 10. Starting 3U right now. (High accel'd maths)

Thing is my 2U mark looks horrible (60%) but my normal maths and other subjects are good.

Dunno MY chances of getting in. ><

Cause.. I heard they accept more boarding school students (more payment) and last year they accepted nearly all boarding students and 1 normal student.

This year I've heard there are 5 spots.

Also, if anyones tried out, can they tell me if they look at your test more (cause diff. school has diff. standards) or your resume/portfolio more?

=)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)