Change Creative Writing Ideas (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am doing a cyclone disaster. It's about a journey as well. But I think you can do this for change as well.

CSundstrom

HSC
The main thing you have to do in a creative piece is have flair and originality. Its great to have a good idea, but if you have a mediocre one you can compensate for that with form.
Innovative form always goes down well with markers. Like a regressive narrative (where you write it all backwards), eclectic POMO text types (Journal entries, medical reports) do exceptionally well. Split narrative perhaps??? Just make sure that your form always mirrors your purpose. EG if you're writing something sad and lamenting then don’t write it in limerick form.

And for your ideas, be specific. If you love writing about, let’s say, death, then focus on the transience of life that lead to death. Change the form; add a doctor’s report in there, a diary entry with a poem in it etc... Use semiotics (symbols) of death throughout. Add language devices; metaphors, a motif, like sunset.
Add a quote if you like. If you’re doing on death and sunset motif then use one like:
"Sunset exalts its known symbols of transience" - Gwen Harwood.

Dont let teachers tell you what you can’t write about. Dazzle them with your execution and your brilliant use of form. Have fun with it, it’s a chance to be creative.

ohkei

HSC
What I'd do is simply read the stimulus for the question, and then write a story about a swordfight with the stimulus being one of the themes in the battle. The theme usually has something to do with one of the fighters' motivation for taking part in the battle, or as an inspirational concept, thought or idea that triggers a "resolve powerup" for one of the fighters which results in his or her victory, despite the fact that he or she had been losing the battle up until that point. I've done this numerous times in creative writing tasks with good results.
how would you set out this kind of story?

gella

HSC
LOL yes. My teacher said that alot of students write about these and fail because:

• everyone writes about it and it gets boring to read
  • no one has actually BEEN in that state to actually write it
  • given the constraints, some of these ordeals are so large, that you cannot write it in exam time or under word limits.
what a crock of shit
i've pretty much been writing about death/sickness for well over a year now and have received full marks for each and every one.
you can write about whatever you want. if you're just a shit writer altogether, of course the markers are gonna get sick of reading your stuff

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
my teacher said that it would be helpful if you research what you're going to write about. For example, if you're doing, let's say a road trip to NT, then research some places that lead to NT or something and get an idea of them and you can describe them in your writing and all.

imnotwallace

HSC
My English teacher always says :"show rather than tell".

e.g. Fingers fumbling, he looped the thread above him. Every knot tighter than the last.

^ has a sense of mystery. Not giving away suicidal themes just yet.

Rather than...

e.g. The man picked up the rope, tying it off into a hangman's noose. His thoughts focused on death.

Just while people are talking about death :p

00iCon

HSC
XD I remember my laughter one. It was a gory description of soldiers in Iraq, and at the end, the officer is just thinking "what for?" and my last line was 'without us, there could be no laugter.'

This year, since everyone says don't do violence, so i stepped it down a notch and did adrenalin junkie-drug addict-spray painters, who go and tag trains. I reckon a flashback could work, to when the protaginist's friend gets killed or goes to jail. FEEDBACK WANTED!

I had a good website for this... no wait it was a booklet: Argh it doesn't have where it's from. teacher copied it for us. it asys: 3) Focus on paper 1 section II
if anyone needs it i'd scan it.

Tangent

HSC
i wrote about my own suicide

got sent to the councillor's office
must have been a believable story then. did u get full marks?

i remember for our yearly, for stimulus we got a plane coming out of a laptop screen...yeah, i got stuck for about 5 mins trying to think up a new story

also, it helps to have a happy ending, no matter how corny it may seem. sympathise with the marker. if they have been sitting marking stories all day they dont wanna b depressed, they wanna feel warm and fuzzy.

though if u do anything well, including a love story, u are bound to get good marks...but u have to do it well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)