Change light and offbeat news (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
I think the title "light and offbeat news" needs to be changed because when its got stories about pakastani kids being killed and stuff about that sicko from finland or watever who locked up his daughter its not really light or offbeat.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
RiSeAgAiNSt2538 said:
I think the title "light and offbeat news" needs to be changed because when its got stories about pakastani kids being killed and stuff about that sicko from finland or watever who locked up his daughter its not really light or offbeat.
I'm with the informed individual above.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
It's a shit name. Don't bother asking for a name change, I've tried.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Without Wings said:
The idea of changing the name has been suggested in the past as some members find it misleading. Although I do remember no-one was able to come up with a suitable alternative. If you do have a suitable suggestion feel free to suggest it and we will discuss it, although no guarantees on it being adopted of course :)
Contact Mods thread said:
No, cause not all the news posted there is "Local"

I already outlined the answer

Quote:
change NCAP?

NCAP - N = CAP

N = News and Articles
CAP = Current Affairs, Issues and Politics

that works. :)
no-one replied :(

boris

Banned
HSC
basically any story that doesn't involve white people is not a serious current affair issue

/end thread

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
just call it "news articles of a non-political nature that don't merit serious discussion of the kind that might ordinarily be found in the main subforum"

or maybe just "non-political news", that way murders (for example) easily fit there without offending anyone

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Without Wings said:
The idea of changing the name has been suggested in the past as some members find it misleading. Although I do remember no-one was able to come up with a suitable alternative. If you do have a suitable suggestion feel free to suggest it and we will discuss it, although no guarantees on it being adopted of course :)
Minor politics and current affairs, or something to that effect? It's pretty much what it's all about.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
what is in a name we know what it means and if you dont know where a thread is use search

bawd

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Minor politics and current affairs, or something to that effect? It's pretty much what it's all about.
And then perhaps it should be divided into Local, National and International sections?

Maybe that'd be too nitpicky. :mad1: Just my 2 cents.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I like captain_gh3y's idea of "non political news". mr_brightside's idea would work too.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
RiSeAgAiNSt2538 said:

I don't get the point of YOUR thread. Why should you be worried about what the name of that forum when you're never there posting.

CUNT.

Anyway, if there was a name change, it should be changed to: Daily news and headlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)