Changing my degree (1 Viewer)

Lumix

HSC
I'm currently doing a BComm/Adv Maths degree but I really hate the SCIF course and I know it won't get any better for me. Along with the fact that I must do honours for this degree, I want to change to a normal Commerce/Science degree. Would it be possible to change degrees now and drop the SCIF course and pick up another course? And if I'm allowed, what do i need to do and who would I need to speak to?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
...try Dr John Steele in Maths. BTW, you don't really have to do honours. They'll just give you the BSc bit if you stop without doing that final year.

Lumix

HSC
Oh ok. But I still want to change degree because I want to drop SCIF...

TheStallion

HSC
Changing degree will not be possible until the end of the semester. You can drop SCIF though still, and you have until the 4th of March to pick up a new subject.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why do you hate the SCIF course?

Use it to meet people you wouldn't otherwise have. Sheesh.

IamBread

HSC
How can you say you really hate the SCIF course when we only have had 1 introductory lecture...?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
if u hate scif after one week, u wont like it.
u can drop it and pick up another subject. preferably before Sunday, i don't think you can enrol yourself after that (you can get course authorities to but thats a hassle)
and dont worry, even if drop to com/sci and decide you want to do honours, you can (if you have the marks)

you don't have to talk to anyone to change your program, just apply for an internal program transfer (when it opens sometime during the semester).
Just pick a commerce subject i guess...or you can pick a science one, discrete/comp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)