Christian Chemist refuses sale of contraceptives (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
especially the jewish religion.

i mean, come on now. i have nothing against the jews but if they really were the people of god, i'm sure that he would have afforded them a bit more protection on account of their repeatedly being blamed for everything and with the exterminations and everything.

:confused:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
he doesnt stock condoms or the morning after pill, he does stock the pill but will only give it to you if it if for non contraceptive purposes.
How he would know what you were going to use the pill for? I don't think I've ever seen a prescription that stated why I was using a particular drug. Why even bother with not stocking condoms etc when you've got the pill available to anyone willing to lie about it? Seems a bit weird.

But to answer the thread question I reckon he's entitled to do what he likes and I can't see that it'd be breaking any laws. I think he's being a bit inconsistent (re: pill) and only going to lose himself business by doing it, but whatever, his shop his rules.

Unsatisfied

HSC
i think its more due to him being a butthurt virgin rather than having strong moral beliefs

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
The guy isn't allowed to ask you what you're using the medication for, no pharmacist is.

lala2

Banned
HSC
How he would know what you were going to use the pill for? I don't think I've ever seen a prescription that stated why I was using a particular drug.
You can tell by the ingredients. Certain progestogens (things similar to progesterone) are better for acne (but then again, those can also be used for contraception). Also see if there's any other related prescriptions dispensed together with it, e.g. benzyl peroxide gel. But you're right, if someone was a very convincing liar they could get away with it.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Or you could say: "how does it concern you what my doctor has prescribed me?"

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You can tell by the ingredients. Certain progestogens (things similar to progesterone) are better for acne (but then again, those can also be used for contraception). Also see if there's any other related prescriptions dispensed together with it, e.g. benzyl peroxide gel. But you're right, if someone was a very convincing liar they could get away with it.
Id tell the prick to mind his own business, like he is supposed to do.

Unless its illegal.

Cpt_Renegade

HSC
Good on him. It's about time the medical profession showed some morality beyond 'do not resuscitate' orders. Abortion has infiltrated too far into the public sphere with little opposition out of fear of being anti-feminist - an attitude born by feminist operatives such as Catherine MacKinnon and Germaine Greer. The result? Abortion is taught in schools and presented as a medical treatment as if it was the first port of call and the only realistic option. This chemist will do much to reverse that attitude back to the one called for by the almighty.
wow your a piece of shit.
christians = close minded idiots, the next one that comes to my front door forcing their beliefs on me is getting a punch in the face

KingDakai

HSC
wow your a piece of shit.
christians = close minded idiots, the next one that comes to my front door forcing their beliefs on me is getting a punch in the face
but you know...abortion is pretty bad don't you think?
like your killing some future kid who could have benefited our society as a whole.
=)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
but you know...abortion is pretty bad don't you think?
like your killing some future kid who could have benefited our society as a whole.
=)
Or it could be the future Hitler?

HSC
N/A
Honestly, the best way to deal with these type of chemists is to have sex with a condom and throw the used comdom at the window during a drive by...

make sure you can sustain having sex multiple times for multiple condoms..

1 condom doesnt send the message.

multiple condoms would mean multiple children have not been born....ie chemist will have a heart attack.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
meh he is entitled to his own beliefs as much as you are to yours. If it is a self owned and operated bussiness he has the right to run it in a way that he sees as being ethical. He isnt stopping anyone from using these items he just clearly doesnt want to be the supplier. I dont agree with his oppinions but i respect his right to have them. And I dont think he should be attacked for sticking to his morals even if they are not held by the majority .

Arent there other ways to get these items??

murphyad

HSC
It seems OK.

HOWEVER:

If he were the only chemist in town I would be rallying against it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)