Christian Chemist refuses sale of contraceptives (1 Viewer)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
um yeah you can get condoms at coles lol
the pill at other chemists
i presume the only way he would be able to not sell it is by not stocking ones that are mainly for use a contraceptives

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
um yeah you can get condoms at coles lol
the pill at other chemists
i presume the only way he would be able to not sell it is by not stocking ones that are mainly for use a contraceptives
NVM, i could of sworn OP said something about him being the only chemist in town.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
especially the jewish religion.

i mean, come on now. i have nothing against the jews but if they really were the people of god, i'm sure that he would have afforded them a bit more protection on account of their repeatedly being blamed for everything and with the exterminations and everything.

:confused:
He fucks them around a bit, yet they're still around. They comprise just over 1% of the population yet their contribution to the world and their power hold over it far outweigh the weakness of their numbers. I'd say God's resident bitches get a nice little cut.

How does this come into this thread again?! o_0

kfnmpah

HSC
Good on him. It's about time the medical profession showed some morality beyond 'do not resuscitate' orders. Abortion has infiltrated too far into the public sphere with little opposition out of fear of being anti-feminist - an attitude born by feminist operatives such as Catherine MacKinnon and Germaine Greer. The result? Abortion is taught in schools and presented as a medical treatment as if it was the first port of call and the only realistic option. This chemist will do much to reverse that attitude back to the one called for by the almighty.
What are you talking about!? There is A LOT of opposition towards abortion. Abortion is illegal in much of the world, and powerful nations like the United States actually withdraw funding to medical clinics in other parts of the world if they allow or even have information there on abortion, EVEN if it is legal in the country of the clinic. Even the legal rulings on abortion in the United states caused controversy because it was all decided by the supreme court, no voting in this DEMOCRATIC nation occured. To say there is no opposition to it is SO naive.
It is not only about women's rights. To be 'pro-choice' does not directly reflect a person's attitude towards feminism. There is also a lot of controversy surrounding this matter as it is the woman's decision to keep the child or terminate it. The father has NO say. This leaves the father open to all sorts of legal liabilities, monetary liabilities not to mention the psychological impact it would have on the father. The mother isn't the only one to consider in these situations.
I don't think it is right to deprive women and men of contraceptives because it is against his religion. I am catholic, and I think there is already enough negativity associated with religion because of the extremists who "force" their religion on other people.
There have also been many studies that have proven that the administration of contraceptives and the morning after pill actually reduces the number of abortions because less unplanned pregnancies occur.
So, if it is really about his religious morals he should be asking himself 'what is worse: administering contraceptives or a possible increase in rates of abortion?'

DJP92

HSC
Ohhh. All this time I thought he was the only chemist in the town.
In that case, who cares. If he's losing income over his beliefs then so be it. You reap what you sow.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I worked at a chemist. Good times.
People would hover around the condom section, trying to decide whether to buy or not, but they'd see me at the register, and decide not to. The transaction would have been very awkward.
*Customer hands packet of condoms.*
Me: *does transaction* Have a nice...night *winks*
I would have so done that, if they'd given me the chance. Only if somebody was recording it for me.

To OP, just purchase from another chemist. His decision, really.

HSC
N/A
honestly, imagine if a Muslim didnt provide a condom to the public...

fucking outrage across ACA and Today Tonight .

Jeee

Banned
HSC
honestly, imagine if a Muslim didnt provide a condom to the public...

fucking outrage across ACA and Today Tonight .
It'd be the front headlines.

"WOMEN OPPRESSED - REFUSED BIRTH CONTROL"

"MUSLIM CALLS JIHAD AGAINST CONDOMS"

"NO PILLS: MUSLIMS TO SOW THEIR SEEDS IN AUSTRALIA"

All that's needed is a little sooty English boy to hand out the newspapers.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

shhhh! you're giving them ideas :uhoh:

HSC
N/A

So true.

This country is so racist against muslims.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Why should a religious position command any respect? The only basic 'respect' you can command in a secular society is that in which we all owe each other, that is, the right to freedom of consciousness, the right to privacy and protection from harm.

Beyond that, your belief in the divine revelation of Mohammed is just as laughable to us as a schizophrenic believing in space monkeys. I'll defend your right to hold the view, but beyond that the wider public has every right to openly critique (and mock) it. This extends to any belief system.

Your right to not be discriminated against based on your ethnicity (racism) is a completely different matter and something I would fundamentally defend, as I would for all races.

Noting that you can be white and a Muslim.

* Do you "respect" scientology?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
What are you talking about!? There is A LOT of opposition towards abortion. Abortion is illegal in much of the world, and powerful nations like the United States actually withdraw funding to medical clinics in other parts of the world if they allow or even have information there on abortion, EVEN if it is legal in the country of the clinic. Even the legal rulings on abortion in the United states caused controversy because it was all decided by the supreme court, no voting in this DEMOCRATIC nation occured. To say there is no opposition to it is SO naive.
It is not only about women's rights. To be 'pro-choice' does not directly reflect a person's attitude towards feminism. There is also a lot of controversy surrounding this matter as it is the woman's decision to keep the child or terminate it. The father has NO say. This leaves the father open to all sorts of legal liabilities, monetary liabilities not to mention the psychological impact it would have on the father. The mother isn't the only one to consider in these situations.
I don't think it is right to deprive women and men of contraceptives because it is against his religion. I am catholic, and I think there is already enough negativity associated with religion because of the extremists who "force" their religion on other people.
There have also been many studies that have proven that the administration of contraceptives and the morning after pill actually reduces the number of abortions because less unplanned pregnancies occur.
So, if it is really about his religious morals he should be asking himself 'what is worse: administering contraceptives or a possible increase in rates of abortion?'
that was the most unorganised, sprawling post i've ever read. go back to glebe and smoke some more pcp laced joints you hippy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)