Chubb Security robbed $3m at their Lane Cove/Chatswood Headquarters (1 Viewer)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
This was near me :S

Shots fired during Lane Cove armed robbery, fled in Audi | The Daily Telegraph

ARMED thieves have fired up to six shots during a dramatic ambush robbery on an armoured security van on Sydney's north shore.
Police blocked off part of Mowbray Rd following the hold up, near the Chubb Security Services depot at Lane Cove West just after 4am.
Photos - See the Chubb security van robbery crime scene
Police this morning confirmed “a sum of cash” had been stolen during the robbery and that up to half a dozen shots were fired by the robbers.
“At this stage we’re not sure (how many people were involved),” Detective Superintendent Terence Dalton said.
Neighbours say the armed thieves stopped an armoured van outside the Chubb premises in the early hours of the morning.
The van remains parked on the side of the road, covered by a police tent.
Det. Supt. Dalton refused to say whether the van, or the security depot, was the target of the armed robbery.
“The armoured van that is currently parked in Mowbray Rd was involved in the armed robbery and is part of the investigation,” he said.
“Shots were fired in Mowbray Rd in the direction of the security depot.
“We believe the shots were fired by those involved in the robbery.”
Comments?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
We must build fences a la Joburg style to prevent the influx of crime from Sydney's west!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
TBH made me want to rob a security van. 3 million dollars is sooo much. I was thinking about how I'd orchestrate it while bored on the bus today...

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Fair sure they'd change those weekly brudda.
They wouldn't even have to know that, they'd know that money has to leave the HQ sometime early at the start of the week for businesses to be able to use it. If they had an even rough idea they could just have one person scope it out for an hour with the other guys round the block or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)