• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class Of 2005 !!! (1 Viewer)

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
how r u feeling about starting the HSC, is it what u expected ? its strange to think after 13 years of education where almost finished ! the pressure is on ... how r u feeling ?

ps: we r the class of 2005 ... shit this is weird, i think we should keep helping eachother so we dont get so stressed about the HSC except is that a bad thing since we r competing with eachother now ?

Jaydels

HSC
It was heaps weird to start with, but now it doesnt seem much different, like i got a bit stressed at the beginning of the term but it doesnt seem that bad now.
2005 always seemed so far away though, even at the beginning of this year, but now its almost here. Its kinda sad to think we wont be at school this time next year.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i was stressed to start off with.. i was studying heaps and stuff.. now i sit on my ass every afternoon and do nothing. yeh.. nice one rach

7th Sign

HSC
at the moment its not that hard but a few weeks back the pressure was on to get assigments in .... i got a open book test for ipt 2moro :) how the whell can they pull this?

Trev

stix
HSC
ull b unhappy with anything above 96? heh, id b HAPPY with that.....
i feel like ive already screwed up my hsc/uai, any1 else feel the same way? great way to start yr 12 - study for first assessments in the way of cramming night and morning before, and finishing hand-ins the night before lol, its a rpeeat of yr 11 :( ive got a bus exam tomoz i havnt started studyin for gah

HSC
Night before? More like morning of for me, haha. Yeah haven't started assessments too fab either. But i reckon its early days and hopefully i can make up for it with the next lot...hey, at least that's the angle i'm taking. Why couldn't year 11 be year 12? i did so bloody well! :vcross: so cruel...

Danoz The Great

HSC
I did my EES assessment the FRIDAY before instead of SUNDAY NIGHT like all my other assessments...I felt so good when I finished it, and on sunday I watched CSI, which I hadn't done in a while.

I think this is the end to my curse of procrastination. Watch this space!!!

HSC
i think i've grown up too fast. i still don't know what i want to do in the future except to go to uni and i still don't have a job. didn't do too well in assessments last term and school has already finished last friday tthankfully.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Well my opinion may differ a little to everyopne elses so far, however i'm liking year 12, it's better than year 11 -so far- i've completed about 2 assessments, and now... pff......... noww for the holidays!!! noooooooo (lol) They've absolutely demolished us. i was hoping to study ahead and finish a module from each course independently, until it happened, english extension 1 asessemtn task=8essays
english extension 2 = proposal, physics=build the model of a rocket and prepare a 10 minute presentation, maths 2units adv. = go through all past papers and hand in a whole book of worked solution for all questions similarly for maths 3 units. Chemistry=exam after the holidays on first module. so yeeeh, but i mean oh well that's year 12. I mean think of it mathematically......... I year of hardstudy and dedication = a lifetime of doing what u want to do (i.e. get into the course u want)

At the moment in time for soime reason or another i've just got the urge to study, especially after getting 68% in my first maths exam, and demolishing that mark with a 95% result in my second exam, so yeh, i'm hoping to use the holidays as catch up time, but yeh, i'm probably drifting away from the whole purpose of this thread, however, just thought i might let u guys feel free to let out ur frustarion if u got any assessments in the holiday and stuff, maybe i should start a new thread, anyways,

year 12 is serious and fun, so enjoy it, but don't over enjoy it, and most importantly don't waste ur time stressing out about studying, but instead spend the stress out time for studying, u'll actually end up going somewhere.

elisabeth

HSC
I'm a bit worried about going downhill. I did really well in year 11, pulled some major projects out of my arse. But this year, it all counts, I can't much up and I have to keep my rankings.

I'm mostly worried about my geography urban dynamics project, worth 30%. It's on Gosford, which I don't know that well... my SGP was fine, got full marks but that's cause I could make it all up. But there's fact involved in this one, can't BS it.

The other thing is not actually doing any study... my whole life, I've always promised to do loads of work in them, and never did. I can't afford to waste this time anymore. I have this mentality of 'ohh, if you learn it now, you'll just forget it later'.

Also, I need some discipline to work... I generally ONLY hit the books when the pressure is on, night before a test or assessment task. I'm not in the habit of starting things early. I can't bring myself to study when I get home from work or school. I was thinking this holidays, go to the library for a few hours every day and get work done there. Then do what I want the rest of the day. But if there's no consistency or routine, I won't make it. Anyone else like that?

HSC
oh my god elisabeth, i thought your post was something I wrote...except for the geography thing...that's how much im in the same boat as you....up the creek without a paddle.

But you know what they say: the first step to fixing it is admitting that you (and probably the majority of year 12) have a problem. :p

Procrastination: it's harder to give up than smoking and drinking so i'm told. And hey, if we change our attitude now we might be lucky enough to give up those habits too :)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I've had six assesments in the past two weeks (I've got three to go actually) so I've definitely been feeling the pressure. Kinda like I was drowning under the work. But I've put in a bit of effort and now it's all under control...I'm actually feeling better than I was when this happened in the Prelim year. It's like been there, done that. I'm only worried about my maths exam on Thursday! Calculus sucks hard.

emily_13

HSC
OHHHH i hate calculus as well it kills me!
and to think i used to love maths :uhhuh:

fakingtheday

HSC
I'm really psycked, started off pretty damn great i think. I personally can't wait to get year 12 jumpers, shit with my name on it rocks. We got personalised blazers this year as captains

lala2

Banned
HSC
Numero Uno said:
Hmm my thoughts of year 12
i fked up Bio Prac ..
what a way to start
Me too! Arggh....I didn't read the instructions carefully enough so I stuffed up teh rseults so couldn't do the rest of the paper....HATE IT!!!! (bio pracs) but bio itself is fun.....SCREW THIS WORLD!!!! sorry, just very, very, very, very infintiely angry about this. This means I'd literally haev to get 100% for the rest of the assessments to stand a chance of getting assessment task mark 90% on the dot. grrr.....well, it is my faullt.....

i shall just slink away now.............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)