• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class Of 2005 !!! (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Tuna said:
How is the book for you? I find it very interesting very eerie. Maybe Huxley had gone crazy writing that book, very Hitler's view of the perfect world.

Could someone remind me the word for Hitler's perfect race..Dominant..Blues eyes. Something ***enes
con·text (kntkst)
n.

1. The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
2. The circumstances in which an event occurs; a setting.

[Middle English, composition, from Latin contextus, from past participle of contexere, to join together : com-, com- + texere, to weave; see teks- in Indo-European Roots.]

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i've only just realised what BNW stood for. after someone mentioned something about hitler, BOOM, i remembered. it's actually quite good, but it is lacking a few punch lines. theres no sex?! no violence?! no deaths?! ATM. god it is a change after reading that mad arse book, a cather in the rye for year 11.

magician

HSC
Ramblings of a student of the Class of 2004

archangel leila said:
oh my god elisabeth, i thought your post was something I wrote...except for the geography thing...that's how much im in the same boat as you....up the creek without a paddle.

But you know what they say: the first step to fixing it is admitting that you (and probably the majority of year 12) have a problem. :p

Procrastination: it's harder to give up than smoking and drinking so i'm told. And hey, if we change our attitude now we might be lucky enough to give up those habits too :)
Hey, I just finished my HSC and believe me procrasination is a curse. Learn to get rid of it early in the piece. I really stopped procrastinating in June and started really applying myself and I ended up doing quite well, although I still regret procrastinatig as much as I did from October 2003-June 2004. Changing your attitude might be a hard thing to do, but believe me, it's worth it in the end.

Also to all of the students here in the Class of 2005, learn NOT to stress. The best way to achieve is to learn to be calm before assessments and particularly before exams. (If you have trouble sleeping the night before an exam, I truly feel your pain). Learn strategies of dealing with any stress and talk to other people to find any suggestions. For those of your who don't stress, keep it that way! For those of your who do get stressed, please listen to the ramblings of an ex-HSC student very seriously and take the measures to lower your stress levels.

And, GOOD LUCK to all of you with this year!!!!! Remember to work hard and also to enjoy yourself at the same time. I wish all of you a HAPPY 2005!! : )

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
archangel leila said:
I really should read that book that's been staring at me for weeks next to my bed. I tried to start by reading foreword: "Chronic remorse, as all moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment." Bugger that, I'll read it tomorrow :p

Read it, it's a great book. It was the last few chapters that really made it for me though.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
i've only just realised what BNW stood for. after someone mentioned something about hitler, BOOM, i remembered. it's actually quite good, but it is lacking a few punch lines. theres no sex?! no violence?! no deaths?! ATM. god it is a change after reading that mad arse book, a cather in the rye for year 11.
did you even read the book? no sex? wtf are you talking about?

hey kieran, are you in drummond's class?

Tuna

HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
Uhh, honey, BNW is a satire.

Word you're thinking of is Aryan :)
Yes teachers had been telling me the book is a satire but They didn't comment on it too much until term 1. Thank you for the word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)