• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class Of 2005 !!! (1 Viewer)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
definately experiencing the cracking under the pressure feeling. i had like 4 assessments in the one week!!! now if that's not pressure what is? and i can tell by how fast this past term has been, the rest of the year will fly by as well.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
When I started the HSC course last year, I was like most of you guys: trying to keep assessment tasks perfect and flawless. It was tiresome and didn't help at all, so I decided to just take it one at a time, treating them like any assessment tasks I've done before.

Don't worry if you screw up one assessment task! The marking system is adjusted such that you can still gain high rank so long as you are consistent. Hell, I stuffed up my English assessment task so bad, I swear (the freaking marker didn't mark a whole section, which is 1/4 of the assessment task, because she said I didn't follow the instructions, bleh) and I still ranked second by the end of the year. You can always get up!

Hope you'll all go well next year!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
emily_13 said:
OHHHH i hate calculus as well it kills me!
and to think i used to love maths :uhhuh:
hey which type of calculus are you on about. if its differentiation it rocks! if its primitives i'm not sure yet...have'nt been tested on that yet. :D

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
fakingtheday said:
Wesnat: Yeah but isn't it easier to stay on top as opposed to clawing at the toes and basking in the reflected glory of those above you?
I understand your point, but, of course, I stuffed that assessment task so badly. It was a major stuff up, and what's worse, my teacher (not the marker) agreed with me, but didn't have the power to change anything.

I was only saying that to those who were discouraged because they stuffed up an assessment task. It's cool if you can stay on top in your class, but remember, in the HSC, you will be competing against the rest of the state! Not to discourage you or anything, but staying on top in your class does not guarantee top ranks in the state. What I'm trying to say is that it's best to work at your own pace.

Looking at those on top will help nothing but to make you too ambitious, which can further make you lose the whole point of achieving good marks in the HSC: to proceed to tertiary education. In this case, you'll be doing well solely to defeat your opponent(s) and to achieve top positions. As a result, when you fail to be on top, you'll be extremely disappointed and not feel good about yourself anymore (anyone watched that Malcolm in the Middle episode where Malcolm basically beat the rest of his gifted class by far, and all of them felt like idiots? That's sad!), and trust me, I know someone who experienced this before, and became very depressed.

In the HSC, in fact, you should work with each other, as the in-class competition is over, which is an effective way of maximising your mark.

jitterbug

HSC
I'm class of 2005 like most of you guys, but because of how my school works i've already done half of my HSC. I did my exams for drama and french continuers this year and when i started i was the same. I worked my ass off in the start, then got tired and did not do fantastically for the rest of the year. i ended up with marks in the 70 when i should have got late 80's and 90's. Don't wear yourself out, the key is to perform evenly throughout the year, otherwise you'll just burn yourself out.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
for the person who started this thread. SHUT UP in a nice way. your freaking me out!!!! :D

slide rule, i really hate integration. but what i hate is that further trig stuff. ggrr...

DanielleM

HSC
i love free periods...i get so many and i do easy subjects :D
I DONT DO MATHS EITHER!
i do standard english, Community and family studies, Business Studies, Design and Technology and TAFE-Tourism/Event Management , 1 unit religion
im lovin it...:D

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think once i stop hating it, i can finally move on. i can start by butchering the text book that has been giving me these problems :D

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
havent started integration yet
whats taht about?
it sounds hard! :vcross:

ishq

brown?
HSC
A completely unrelated issue, but an important one -

how many of you are going to start/have already started tutoring for some subjects? Especially math (if you do it) and english....

HSC
I really should read that book that's been staring at me for weeks next to my bed. I tried to start by reading foreword: "Chronic remorse, as all moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment." Bugger that, I'll read it tomorrow :p

HSC
ishq said:
how many of you are going to start/have already started tutoring for some subjects? Especially math (if you do it) and english....
On that subject, i'm starting 2u maths tutoring next term and was thinking about english too but time would be an issue. Funny coz i came first in both subjects this year but meh...Have this feeling managing time for tutoring plus extensions, sport and work will be such a biatch. And study? what is this study you speak of? :D

HSC
Hey does anyone here do the In the Wild module for comparative texts but uses Wordsworth and An Imaginary life by Malouf as their comparing texts? What do you think of these texts? I like the Wordsworth poetry, even though he talks about/to his sister too much in his poems. The Malouf novel is pretty boring and a bit confusing so far.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
archangel leila said:
I really should read that book that's been staring at me for weeks next to my bed. I tried to start by reading foreword: "Chronic remorse, as all moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment." Bugger that, I'll read it tomorrow :p
How is the book for you? I find it very interesting very eerie. Maybe Huxley had gone crazy writing that book, very Hitler's view of the perfect world.

Could someone remind me the word for Hitler's perfect race..Dominant..Blues eyes. Something ***enes

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Read the book first, read the introduction later.

I love BNW, if you do not get it you are stupid and should go back to standard

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Tuna said:
How is the book for you? I find it very interesting very eerie. Maybe Huxley had gone crazy writing that book, very Hitler's view of the perfect world.

Could someone remind me the word for Hitler's perfect race..Dominant..Blues eyes. Something ***enes
Uhh, honey, BNW is a satire.

Word you're thinking of is Aryan :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)