Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

Mr Gumby

HSC
Mrs Rochester then? Mrs Darcy? Mrs Thucydides perhaps? Mrs Marple? I don't know what you expect.

Yes, it seems that argument is over.

Now hang on while I answer your second message.

HSC
Why those are even better. >> (but I guess you have a valid point, somewhat)

Elaborate on the looking up thingo too.

I can't believe you like Dr Phil more than Oprah! Seriously!

Mr Gumby

HSC
By the way, don't answer those two messgaes now, otherwise we'll be here all day, and I really should do something at some point.

My point is valid. You'd love to be Mrs Heathcliff one day, wouldn't you? Just admit it. Go on, use one of them.

I don't get what you meant by looking things up.

It's not that I like Dr Phil particularly, it's just that I don't like Oprah. There's something about her and her manner that really irks me.

Mr Gumby

HSC
By the way, don't answer those two messgaes now, otherwise we'll be here all day, and I really should do something at some point.

My point is valid. You'd love to be Mrs Heathcliff one day, wouldn't you? Just admit it. Go on, use one of them.

I don't get what you meant by looking things up.

It's not that I like Dr Phil particularly, it's just that I don't like Oprah. There's something about her and her manner that really irks me.

HSC
I'm sorry Steph, haven't you just spent the past year arguing that you'll end up with someone like Heathcliff? And we've been arguing that you'll end up with someone meek, mild and sweet?

Fakhri

HSC
ok...firstly my rants are not interesting..and they are only logically and make sense to three people in the world steph ki and i ...basically they only make sense to them cause they are around me all the time and hence just learn to pick out the right bits to make everything make sense and my rants are mostly ramblings cause that is how i talk..in rambling kind of way...and your rants nicholas are just argument things...they are not rants but just a piece of writing where you are trying to prove a point..very different....

also steph you would love to be mrs heathcliff....i know you have told me and then ki and i have decided we are no letting you date/marry anyone who is byronic...but they can look byronic...and then we decided you would end up with someone who just listens to you and doesn not argue back..opp attract we all know that...

and the weirdo thing only happens when we are out together or well if any of us our actual out...i think as i said its in our genes..we can't help it...and steph lucky for me i never got weird looks in sri lanka..thank god cause then i would never want to go back there and i go there every two years.....

also what is wrong with Opera....well i like some of the shows..they are good..and well dr phil started on her show so techicallly you like opera cause she sort of created dr phil..also dr phil is not as good..but it is more informational...

Last edited:
HSC
Don't worry I didn't! I agree and I wouldn't get anything done either. That's it no distractions tomorrow.

If they don't argue back it's boring. Yes Nicholas and Zara of course. >>
Byronic isn't necessarily Heathcliff, Zara. I don't think I'd want to be with someone completely like Heathcliff, despite how understandably screwed up he is. He'd probably be a bit overbearing. >.<;;

I did actually manage to find one. It's far from any of your suggestions indeed!

The opposite of me is probably not a better option!

I can't be bothered to spell it out here again Nicholas. I'll include it in my next message.

Oh well! We'll get immune to it eventually!

Yeah some of her mannerisms I suppose are a bit annoying, but I'd still rather watch that than Dr Phil. I reckon Oprah's quite informational Zara. XD

Did you end up watching the end of the movie?

Mr Gumby

HSC
Steph's just afraid that if she admits to being in love with Byronic bastards like Heathcliff it will say something disturbing about her psychology. I said to her a while ago that a psychiatrist would probably be quite interested in her and her passion for the Healhcliffs and Rochesters of the world.

Zara, there's nothing wrong with Opera. As you know, I like it very much, especially those by Handel and Mozart. Oprah, on the other hand, is not quite in the same league. I'm sorry about that, but it was a pretty funny typo/spelling mistake. By the way, did you hear about her school in South Africa? Apparently it's been employing a child molester.

I did watch the end of that film. I started when the boy and the gypsy girl where in the forest, and the old man was telling the boy about the plant that helps you hallucinate about the person you love, or something like that. As you can see, my memory of it is pretty hazy. I guess I probably saw about 1/2 - 2/3 of it. There didn't seem to be much of a guiding thread, apart from the boy's desire to learn about the gypsies, but I did enjoy what I saw. What about you? And what happened at the beginning?

HSC
Why would I be afraid it would be saying something disturbing about my psychology when you all know I'm quite happy to admit how screwed up I am anyway? XD

XD! That was a really good pwn so to speak!
I heard about that. I wonder if she had an Ellen Degeneres style on air break down about it?

Basically all that really happened in the beginning was Max trying to get a guitar and lessons and he ends up trading his discman for a car and getting lessons from the old guy in return for Max's literacy. So yeah mainly a lot of sneaking off to have guitar lessons and hanging out with Swing and her cousin. Did you see the party bit? I can't remember the sequence of events!

Yeah I found it a bit hard to follow at times, but yeah I did think it was a cute movie!

I'll reply to you messages later because if I do it now I'll be screwed for Latin Ext even more than I am now! (yes I should be studying!)

anthropoestin

HSC
hey guys,

congratulations!!!

you've finally finished, and alas you leave me behind. Thanks for all the help over the year, and fill us in when 19/12 comes around!

and to continue in my annoying reign of self-deprication and pleas for help, can you send me any livy/virgil notes for the hsc which you have on your pcs?? pretty please it would be so helpful

i have a small feeling our talks will go on
ABII xxx:)

Mr Gumby

HSC
Do you really think the whole freedom thing feels that good? I got that kick after the last English exam, but now I'm just feeling bored and slightly bad-tempered. I don't feel all that different to what I did before the exams, only now I can watch cricket and daytime/kids' TV without feeling guilty. I know that's wrong, but I'm afraid it's true.

If you really want the notes, Alex, give me your email and I'll send them to you when I can. I warn you, though, that you may have to wait a while. I can't get my hotmail account to work at home because of the crappy internet connection, so it's going to have to wait until I either (a) get an improved connection, which hopefully won't be too long, or (b) visit my grandmother, who embarrassingly has a better conenction than I do.

Max is the little French guy who hangs out with Swing, right? How could he trade his discman for a car, he was about 12 years old? If by the party bit you mean that gypsy musical festival thing at the end where Max sneaks in and sits with Swing at the back, then yes, I did.

Mr Gumby

HSC
Sometime between now and the next HSC I'll be at uni, so I can presumably use the internet there. Otherwise I could just look you up in the white pages and deliver them in person.

What exactly do you want? I've got my assessment notes, which are about Aeneas and the Roman hero; Livy using history as a 'medicine for the sick mind'; various things on Thucydides and Euripides; and maybe some extra stuff on Lucretius. You don't actually need the Greek ones, though, do you? I guess it's a bit late for that now. You can have the translations too if you want, but since you'll be doing them in class you shouldn't really need them. As for other subjects, I think I trashed most of my English stuff in a fit of rage, so sorry if that would have been useful to you. I might still have an essay or two lying around. You don't do ancient history or bio do you? Actually, it doesn't really matter if you do do bio, because I trashed those too.

HSC
Disc-man for a guitar, did I really make that typo?

It is extremely anti-climactic just because I think I've become way more depressed than I've been, well all year. Certainly a million times more angry.

I'm back to procrastinating. I should be cleaning but no I'm doing this. Mum's home so she wouldn't let me watch day time tv anyway.

I'm basically throwing out all my notes. I cbb to find some purpose for them. I have the "to barbecue" pile though.

Fakhri

HSC
well i think that the freedom thing is over rated as well....and was a anti climax.....but i think its good..i mean i was really really depressed on sat night..mainly cause i was alone..and bored..and well i havent cleaned my room...and i don't think my papers will ever leave ..but most likely will haunt me forever...or i go just move out of my room....into another one

but the freedom thing is paying off..cause now i have time to do other stuff....and go see concerts...(like the killers, which was absolutely brilliant...just soo good except for the cover bands..who just sucked and were on for like two hours..but besides that...it was soo assume...) and watch tv..and watch movies...like my current star wars feast...currently on break whilst my sis watches home and away...but yeah...all you people need to get out of the slum..is a good day out/something to do...like tv program/reading one..or something like that.....
btw ki i got nothern lights..and going to start reading it tomorrow...

antiphon

HSC
summer cricket on TV during the day is a great way to waste time. :)

I think Hot Fuss was better than Sam's Town. maybe that's just 'cause I love All These Things That I've Done.
and heh maybe I'll read Northern Lights again. good book :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)