Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (4 Viewers)

HSC
Yeah. When I said 'problematic' I meant more 'non-existent'.
Well, ext eng so far has worked like this: 1) Bullshit. 2) Memorise bullshit. 3) Regurgitate.
So lots of practise there.

Yeah, about the glowing blue light thing. Except I have this wonderful oven-timer, and I've been surprisingly good at removing myself from whatever I was doing whenever it goes off. Only just not today and yesterday >.>

At least we have the weekend betweent those though.
Third week goes Maths, Greek Ext, Ext Maths, nothing, Ext English. Which is foul. And either bio or ancient history is floating around there somewhere so there's the same amount for Zaz.

Zaz, at least we don't have Lama's timetable D:. She has two days with two exams in the same time-slot. Latin/Italian and Ext Latin/Art.

antiphon

HSC
heh, that explains why some rather undeserving people did well in Ext Eng assessments...

ah. I don't have Ext Eng. on the other hand, I have the 4-unit maths exam on the Monday *shudders*

speaking of that - a friend of mine does Ext Latin and Art. (we thought he'd be the only one in the state doing it.) any idea how that's being resolved? are they just doing it one after the other, or are they rescheduling one of the exams? I'd ask my friend but his Internet's dead.

HSC
Ooh, Lama has a friend. We must tell her.
Apparently they have to sit in a room by themselves with a superviser and do them one after the other, with a certain amount of break in between.
That'd suck. D:

D: *patpat* 4u maths.

Undeserving people going well in ext eng assessments includes myself for the trial. o_O. I got so seriously lucky with the question. (Just like I got lucky in that for module B essay, they didn't notice that I'd missed the bit about 'using two extracts' o_O.)

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
i told you i would stalk you zara! don't act so surprised!
ok, get this, mum and dad have decided that I need a "change of scenery" and are dragging **note the dragging** me to a beach house for a week...a WEEK! before the HSC!! HELLO!!?! so that is where i will be this week...away. with my books...and a HUGE distraction outside the front door. -sighs-

facebook is uber cool. hehe, that word is almost as cool as 'yummy'. it is like an extended msn conversation, or ultimately...like this.

i can't believe you are going to a nunnery. please send me a photo with you and a nun hat on. :D :D you know julia, you could become like Bridgit(?) and Selby...and meet a hot [where are you going again] boy and marry him and work at a nunnery for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!! and don't say i didn't 'tell you so'.

hehe, by the time you get back...i might be transferring to veterinary by then!..or the next year. who knows :p :p :p 3rd week hsc, i have...2 exams. i have 4 in week 2! :D and finish Nov 2nd!

bah. i should be packing, goodbye my darlings... oh, and for my bday party (nov 12th i was thinking).... the camping idea is scratched aaand... mum and dad just bought a beach house at Narrabeen, so it is a great party house and we'll have a massive one there. kapeech? kapeech.

hello julia and zara's SGS friends.
i know where you live, too. -evil giggle- wow..banana muffins give me a hiiiiigh!
and you better be friends with Adrian Chapman-Davies... -whistles-

HSC
Don't worry, Kep, Mum's been spotting people up at beach houses all week.

Mm, I don't think Buddhist nuns have nun-hats. You should have done backstage for musical, I had a nun hat on then for a short time.
...You mean Jane and Selvy? :p
I'm going to India. Mum actually thinks I'm going to end up married to an Indian/someone I meet travelling/"anyone-other-than-an-Australian-because-Australians-aren't-interesting". O__o.
Unfortunately, Kerry, I think males of any sort are hard to come by in nunneries :p

Sounds brilliant, Kep. That's the Monday?

Hmm, we did get his first name right :eek:. We mentioned you were going to their formal, and got a blank look when we said "with someone called Adrian".

Last edited:

antiphon

HSC
wow, that'd really suck. but at least they've got a ridiculous amount of time to study for it...

*breaks down crying at having to handle numbers which don't exist*

heh, I was referring more to people at our school. hm, maybe you just used 2 extracts inadvertently, and they thought you were actually trying to? hmmm your Module B looks like a good question...should prepare for that...

my Module C was along those lines - thought I'd bombed out because I didn't answer the question and wrote a ridiculously short response, but somehow ended up getting my best mark of the 3 modules.

if you have Facebook, add me - and help me convince Nick the Freak-child to get it :D

what's this about nunneries? *blinks*

@Ms Gremlin: I'll bet you don't know. and nah I'm not really friends with him, and I don't think the Freak-boy is either.

HSC
Yeah. She says she's proud because she might be the only one to have that, ever. She also wants to know how to contact this friend of yours, so she can rant about it.

There there. I have enough problems with 3u D:

I know, but I definitely fit into that catagory :p. I think that's what happened. Our teacher said after that it didn't matter if we used more than two in passing, just so long as we did two in detail. Apparently I did o_O
You have our exam?
We weren't given anyone else's :(

Always good :3

I have difficulties finding people in facebook. Give me a link, or something?
I don't think we'll have much luck convincing Freakboy. Last time we tried to convince him to do something it led to a lengthy outpouring in Latin, ending with him being always right :p

Uhm. Next year I'm teaching English to Tibetan refugees in a nunnery in India.

antiphon

HSC
hm, I can give you his email to give to her. he's also on my Facebook, but he's not using that much atm. that said, she could always leave her rant on his wall.

heh, well - if I do lucky things like that in the HSC, I sure as hell won't be complaining!

I only have yours because Nissa sent it to me :) nice of her. they took our papers after the exams (which I think is completely stupid), so I don't even have my own English paper. that said, do you want ours? if you do, and tell me what texts you're doing, I can probably ask around. it's possible it won't be of any use, though, because our school doesn't bother to set questions for texts if no one's doing them.

...you have no idea how tempting it was for me to reply and say that you'd got the wrong person on Facebook. :p then I realised that it wouldn't work seeing as my profile picture is outside the library, ie where you've actually been to.

oh? and what was that which needed convincing?

*blinks* wow. you're actually doing something worthwhile next year. that's amazing. *cue applause* all year?

Gwendoline Marr

Special
HSC
Hi. Here's what happens (I'm only quoting from one of two letters here - you'd think they'd save on postage, but, no)

<insert a few statements that make me feel like a child being taught quantum physics when really they're just trying to say what i knew all along, i.e. i have two exams scheduled at the same time>

"1. You will undertake Latin Extension on 9 November 2007 from 9.30am to 11.30am.
2. During the break between examinations you will be supervised. You are allowed to study, eat and walk around but are not permitted contact with any other student or teacher during the break. You may speak to your supervisor, but you are not permitted access to the internet or to any electronic communication device, including your mobile telephone. These arrangements are required to protect both the integrity of the examination and you from any suggestion of improper access to the examinations.
3. You will then undertake Visual Arts on 9 November 2007 from 12:55pm to 2:30pm."

Although, regarding point 2, where you can't be with other students, two other students at my school also do Latin and Italian so we're apparently in the same lockdown room. But they're great people to be under lockdown with so it's all good.

Frankly there are a few points of security I would improve upon if it was me (Art finishes before LatX) but I'm happy in the fact that I won't be cheating, and I doubt your friend is silly enough to do so too, and the BoS haven't exactly been very nice or helpful, or even asked which one I want to do first, so, whatever.

Now I will stop complaining and/or rejoicing in my specialness (I am very disappointed that someone else thought to do Latin extension and art, by the by - what's his major work?).

He has my condolences :)

Love to all you Greekies!
Lama

p.s. my facebook is deleted til 11 january 2008 XP

Last edited:

Mr Gumby

HSC
You're becoming very annoying about this Facebook thing, Jeremy. I said I might sign up after the HSC. Maybe. And as for the athletics carnival, you were supposed to come. I was expecting a day of intellectual discourse with you on the subject of Greek [sarcastic snort] only to be told by Ms. Waldock on the bus that you were skipping. How prefectly of you. Well, fortunately I can punish you for both. I can't find my Fiftieth Gate thing, so you'll have to go without. Sorry.

And sorry to you too, Miss GreMlin72 - I'm not really friends with Adrian, and I don't think Jeremy is either. To be honest, I don't really know him. As for you knowing where we live, do I have to start sleeping with a knife udner my pillow? I don't feel all that safe.

You're right Julia. I don't think Buddhist nuns wear 'nun hats' either. I think they shave their heads.

antiphon

HSC
heh, you're just easily irritated. *shrug* watching athletics ain't my thing anyway, I prefer watching the soccer and rugby.

@Ms Marr: my friend's major was a series of 3 works - a digital painting, an oil painting and a graphite drawing. he tried to explain the motive behind it to me but gave up because....well, I just didn't get it. (neither did he, really. the head of Art looked at one of the paintings and said, "Oh, you've clearly tried to channel the kitsch work of so-and-so". he said, "I did?")

HSC
antiphon said:
I only have yours because Nissa sent it to me :) nice of her. they took our papers after the exams (which I think is completely stupid), so I don't even have my own English paper. that said, do you want ours? if you do, and tell me what texts you're doing, I can probably ask around. it's possible it won't be of any use, though, because our school doesn't bother to set questions for texts if no one's doing them.

...you have no idea how tempting it was for me to reply and say that you'd got the wrong person on Facebook. :p then I realised that it wouldn't work seeing as my profile picture is outside the library, ie where you've actually been to.

oh? and what was that which needed convincing?

*blinks* wow. you're actually doing something worthwhile next year. that's amazing. *cue applause* all year?
Maybe not right now - but if I run out of essay questions I'll be bothering you. Thanks :3

XD. Except that you were in the SGS Class of 07 group (along with a guy who lives on my street who apparently goes to knox o_O; ), you were the only Jeremy there, you had a profile picture and I know what you look like.
(That said, if you had, I probably would have believed you weren't XD)

Ross told us to tell him to go to the formal. It didn't work.

The placement's for four months, I get a visa for 6.

Buddhist monks definitely shave their heads, but I haven't seen any Buddhist nuns as of yet. Hmm...nun hat would be wimple and...yeah. :/

And on the subject of shaved heads, Kerry - Erica's shaved hers again. Plus a green mohawk. Interesting o_O

Nicholas - I'm sure you're not meant to apologise when taking revenge.

antiphon

HSC
yeah. besides those things, I meant. who lives on your street? I think it's a Grammar Facebook in-joke, and I think this is the way it works: Sydney Grammar isn't a registered school yet on Facebook, so no one can select it as their school. and since we're Grammar boys, I don't think anyone can be bothered getting Grammar registered. so we just pick a school and say we're from that, and I think a lot of people have hijacked Knox. others, like me, don't want to be associated with Knox and just lie about their birthday.

oh, that. Ross and I have been working on that. too late now anyway, I think. besides, if we succeeded, we'd have to convince him that Virgil's exhumed corpse is hardly a suitable formal partner.

HSC
Nick Ostermayer. I'm going to assume there aren't too many Nick Ostermayer's about, and not too many variant spellings of 'Ostermayer', because I haven't actually seen him in years and so don't know what he looks like. We're a friendly street o_O;

Good boy for not associating with knox. Knox is eeeeevil.

Oh dear.
Well, we did offer to set him up with a girl we know who has a grammar boy fetish.
Mmm. I think Virgil would be long gone dust and nutrients now. Seven years to become a skeleton, so just so long as he didn't end up in a marsh...

antiphon

HSC
wow. small world. Osty's in my English class (3 seats away from me), we were in the same Chem class (until I dropped it) and we were in the same year 7 class, waaaaay back at the beginning.

they're evil? never knew that...

there's a girl with a Grammar boy fetish?? *shudders* I don't know what's more disturbing, that she has a fetish for a particular school or that it's GRAMMAR.
besides, Nick'd never get along with her - he's only into intellectual eccentricity, not other forms.
problem is, I think that whatever state Virgil's body is in, Nick would want to bring it anyway...

Mr Gumby

HSC
Ross just wants me to go to the formal because I proposed to him when signed his shirt. Vergil would have been cremated anyway, and dancing with a funeral urn could get a bit awkward. Anyway, I think he was like me - formals weren't really his thing. I really don't know why the whole thing bothers you so much. Julia obviously hasn't learn anything from the dialogue (remember 'rectus semper sum' - SEMPER!) Maybe Ross and Jeremy need to see it.

It was sort of a sarcastic apology. Actually no, I would have given Jeremy the notes if I could have found them, so it wasn't me taking revenge anyway. I'd like to think of it as a sort of cosmic payback for abandoning me at the athletics carnival. Athletcs isn't my thing either Jeremy - in fact, sport in general isn't my thing. But I still went and did my duty, for about twenty minutes anyway. The only thing they wanted me to do was set up hurdles, but they expected me to stay there for the whole five hours. I was seriously not happy. But at least I did it.

Nick Ostermeyer's very short. You may have seen him, just not noticed.

On the nun thing, I don't suppose they will make you shave your head, but if you do, be sure to take a photo and send it to us.

Hmm, apparently I'm an assistant member now. How did that happen? Well, anyway, I feel very special.

Gwendoline Marr

Special
HSC
Hey sorry - Serious problem.

I can't find the gay festival bit in the Livy translation. Can anyone remember the page? :(

[And Mr Antiphon, that is generally how it works across the state XD]

antiphon

HSC
um, if you're talking about the Lupercalia, that's Virgil, not Livy. line 663. (ie the shield - "here he had forged the leaping Salii and the naked Luperci..." etc etc.) and yeah, I sort of guessed it was like that...

you proposed? when's the wedding? I'm soooo crashing this one after Dr Stevens didn't let us crash his :D (with good reason)

Olson, you're never happy unless you're making out with your copy of Virgil. pretty ironic - you've been at school with Osty for 6 years, and you can't spell his name right, whereas Julia can...
I think assistant member is by post count. probably 50 posts = assistant?

HSC
They're evil and they infect innocents with evil. That's why my brothers changed schools XD

Apparently the fetish she had before that was for North Sydney boys o_O.

Baha. And because Ross's completely in love with you, Nicholas, of course. I think we need to tell him that one day, just to see his reaction. Then again, he'll probably laugh at us AGAIN.

We're discussing the attempts to convince you to go, not trying to convince you to go now. Then again, if we catch you reading the Livy textbook again it's being confiscated, and I still haven't watched Home and Away :3. (Although I did see something in the newspaper about the actress who is Sally leaving, and I /was/ able to go 'Hah! Sally left Brad at the altar because of Flynn!' and then happily ignore the article :3)

Mm, maybe. He wasn't at the street party.

Sure XD. I very much doubt they will.
Hmm, I think I'll need to set up a travel blog or something o_O

It is the post count -- then 100 posts is Member, and I guess a certain number after that you get to choose your own title (judging by random things in other people's names).

Mm -I've checked, it is the same one. But then again, I've driven/walked past his house for a decade and I went to prep school with him before that o_O.

Mr Gumby

HSC
Well, I can't remember whether I proposed or just offered to have his babies. You can come and watch the birth if you like. He is in love with me too, Julia. You should see him in Greek lessons - it can get quite inappropriate. His reaction would probably be to admit it. And I am happy with other things than my copy of Vergil (you also seem to be assuming I have only one). You're forgetting my love of Caesar, Lucretius, Catullus, Cicero, Plautus, Plato and Aeschylus. The thing with Osty was just a typo.
I feel less special knowing it's only the post count. Why couldn't you have made up something more heroic?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)