CLAW1001 Thread (1 Viewer)

jpr333

HSC
I guess I'll find it moderately annoying when I start it. Is it taking long?

jpr333

HSC
No but we should. Our lecturer loves the Simpsons so we get a lot of Simpsons lines thrown in.

PS reply to parking pm I hate checking my car takes like 20 mins, I will not tell a soul!

HSC
haha..yeah, even our tute questions are based on the simpsons.
i've only jotted down brief notes for Part A...seems as though part A is fairly straight forward, i hope.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
does anyone know any principles/exceptions/rules about acceptance by email?
According to Graw, it is not considered to be an instantaneous form of communication - he refers to it like "opening the mail". Therefore you'd have to say the acceptance was incomplete.

HSC
what is 'conditional acceptance'?
i think this relates to both questions, but i don't have a solid definition of what it means

EDIT: also, is the doctrine of part performance only applied to written contracts?

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
an example of conditional acceptance is when you say the agreement is "subject to a formal contract"

the doctrine of part performance is applicable where writing is required, but you don't have all/any of it. and then you go and do the stuff you were meant to, but then the other party's like, nuh we don't have a contract so i don't have to do my bit of the said contract.

HSC
would 'conditional acceptance' be under acceptance issues or certainty and completeness issues?...or both?!?

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
for the court report, do we have to go to court this week or can we go next week?

kow_dude

HSC
I assume we can go anytime we want, preferably this week (week7) since lectures and tutorials are off. But the assignment has a fixed date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)