CLAW1001 Thread (1 Viewer)

jpr333

HSC
Part B seems too straight forward the exclausion clause looks like it's gonna hold right? unless you can argue the language doesn't stop liability against the individual company or they weren't in operation of the 4 corners of the contract... right right?>?

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
kow_dude said:
If the seller intentionally changed the odometer and took advantage of the buyer's misunderstanding, then it might be an unilateral mistake. But i dont think 'mistake' is in the 'terms of contract' which is the main focus.
its not proven he changed the odometer. therefore we are looking at a negligent mistatement.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
there were never any statements made by Red regarding the odometer, therefore negligent mistatement does not apply

Can i have a slice of humble pie?

But then doesnt that imply that he has changed it?

kow_dude

HSC
Yea, we don't know whether or not the seller changed it. It could've been the manufacturer or anybody. Does the incorrect odometer raise any issues??

jpr333

HSC
I argued if it turned out he did know about it or did infact tamper with it beeing an expert and all it could be considered breach of warranty

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
2lazy is right, must base it on facts.

Does anyone here have Laura for a tutor?

kow_dude

HSC
I haven't argued anything about the odometer ... and i dont think it's a warranty.

By the way... what does "duco" mean ???!!!

kow_dude

HSC
jpr333 said:
they weren't in operation of the 4 corners of the contract... right right?>?
I don't know if i should mention about the 4 corners rule. The facts says "Pharmco received several orders for the vaccine and Ring-Ting arranged for Transmore to deliver the vaccine". It doesnt specifically say that Ring-Ting arranged to for Transmore to deliver the vaccine to Pharmco or to Pharmco's customers. If it was to Pharmco, then the 4 corners rule can be raised and exclusion clauses are non-effectual.

ideas?

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
kow_dude said:
I don't know if i should mention about the 4 corners rule. The facts says "Pharmco received several orders for the vaccine and Ring-Ting arranged for Transmore to deliver the vaccine". It doesnt specifically say that Ring-Ting arranged to for Transmore to deliver the vaccine to Pharmco or to Pharmco's customers. If it was to Pharmco, then the 4 corners rule can be raised and exclusion clauses are non-effectual.

ideas?
I havent started on B yet, but based on what you said i think your missing the boat son.

Give me a good 10-15 and ill let u know

kow_dude

HSC
wel yer i'm really frustrated, i didnt pass the first assignment.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Just quickly, in relation to Part A - the fact he signed indicates he intended to be bound regardless if he read it.

Does this mean Red is not liable to anything and the K is still enforced. Or do we refer to terms implied by statute law, namely the Sale of Goods Act and the Trade PRactices Act where he may be liable?

sarevok

HSC
"Does this mean Red is not liable to anything and the K is still enforced."

What do you mean? He signed the K, but Red still breached the terms of the K. There was no exclusion clause in the K to limit Red's liability.

HSC
fark...how the hell do i fit this assignment under the word limit.
my part is 750+ and i hvnt written the intro, nor have i talked about TPA,SOGA. (do i need to?..)

btw..what did everyone say about the model and new tyres?
misrep/mere misrep/conditn/warrranty?>..
this is all so so confusing :S

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
fark...how the hell do i fit this assignment under the word limit.
my part is 750+ and i hvnt written the intro, nor have i talked about TPA,SOGA. (do i need to?..)

btw..what did everyone say about the model and new tyres?
misrep/mere misrep/conditn/warrranty?>..
this is all so so confusing :S
The reference of the model and tyres is a condition.

Brown would not have entered into the contract if Red didn't say this, an act of negligent mistatement. Using the paragraph from cheif justice Jordan re: luna park case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)