CLAW1001 Thread (1 Viewer)

sarevok

HSC
My tute is on Wednesdays at 11

The non-delegable duty of care thing is explained pretty clear in Latimer p. 203

HSC
and tibet is considered pretty free :)

anyone want to put it in simple english?

EDIT: i have the 2004 edition...so im not sure how 'clear' the 2005 explains it...=(
mine explains it in like...hebrew or some other language..

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
sarevok said:
My tute is on Wednesdays at 11

The non-delegable duty of care thing is explained pretty clear in Latimer p. 203
:cool: my one is also wednesday at 11. :rolleyes:

kow_dude

HSC
I had Amy. God she's a fucking bitch... marks assignments so hard. I spent an entire week working on the second assignment and got 11.5/20. Her only comment at the end was " You need to talk about implied terms". And she fuckin barely writes anything on the board

sarevok

HSC
^^ cool. are you asian? if so i have no idea who you are :p

if i understand latimer correctly, a non-delegable duty of care is simply a 'higher' duty of care...you must ensure that all reasonable care is taken, and there is a higher standard of care involved.

damn, brett bonfield's notes suck. beginning to wish i actually went to those lectures =\

kow_dude

HSC
Yes i'm asian and i'm not international if that's what you're implying

sarevok

HSC
sorry, I meant to address that to yvonne

that's pretty sucky though, so far in claw i've gotten 12.5/10, 16/20 and 9/10 doing all the assignments the night before they were due...and they all sucked. =\ guess you just got bad luck with your tutor

Last edited:

kow_dude

HSC
I have a frend who is an international student who care hardly speak english fluently. And he's been getting better marks than i have. There is serious biasedness in marking.

sarevok

HSC
are you guys going to study hard for this test?? seeing as it's open book i'm tempted to just go in there and try and wing it

kow_dude

HSC
OMG, i fucking hope that my final exam paper will NOT be marked by my tutor!!!!!!

HSC
sarevok said:
are you guys going to study hard for this test?? seeing as it's open book i'm tempted to just go in there and try and wing it
yeah, im thinking of doing that..
im gonna bookmark all the important stuff..and probably make a list of cases

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
sarevok said:
^^ cool. are you asian? if so i have no idea who you are :p

if i understand latimer correctly, a non-delegable duty of care is simply a 'higher' duty of care...you must ensure that all reasonable care is taken, and there is a higher standard of care involved.

damn, brett bonfield's notes suck. beginning to wish i actually went to those lectures =\
yah, i am asian? and i dont think i know u..........errrrrr........

ar5ena1

HSC
don't cry about claw, imagine what we law students have

*cries*

sarevok

HSC
For tutorial week 8, what is the issue of the salesperson saying 'oh, she'll be apples...'? are we meant to define it as a condition/warranty and talk about breach, or we are meant to talk about it in the context of misrepresentation re. the exclusion clause (like in curtis v chemical cleaning)?

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
sarevok said:
For tutorial week 8, what is the issue of the salesperson saying 'oh, she'll be apples...'? are we meant to define it as a condition/warranty and talk about breach, or we are meant to talk about it in the context of misrepresentation re. the exclusion clause (like in curtis v chemical cleaning)?
its an invalid statement, as terms cant be brought in after contract formation (olby v marlborough court).

alternatively you could argue puffery..

sarevok

HSC
It says the statement was made 'before she purchased the ticket' :)

I'm thinking now we're just meant to do the pre-K statement becoming a term test because the statement wasn't directly about the exclusion clause

edit: but can an exclusion clause exclude liability for negligence?

Last edited:

kow_dude

HSC
Does anyone have notes for tutorial week 12. My friggin tutor didn't even write a single word on the board.

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
kow_dude said:
Does anyone have notes for tutorial week 12. My friggin tutor didn't even write a single word on the board.
i got one in my comp before but i deleted..er............ but i still have the hand-writing one.. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)