Clubs and Socs Advertising Thread (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Is there something on the USYD website that has a list of clubs/societies with little blurbs or something? Does anyone have a link?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SUEUA Slip n Slide & First Year Camp

Dear constituents,
This Friday at lunchtime SUEUA (the engineering society) are holding a bbq with gourmet sausages and a water filled slippery dip thing on the biochem lawns, the cost is $1 sausage, $1 can, and be sure to bring your boardies!
Also first year camp is coming up at the end of next week, and it's an absolutely fantastic way to meet other first years and make new friends, while getting hammered at the same time. Cost is around $100, and you should be able to talk to the people serving sausages at slip n slide to get your ticket.
Yours in beertitude,
The SUEUA aeromech rep team (the senior member of which was conspicuously absent from the meeting today *glares*)

richz

Re: SUEUA Slip n Slide & First Year Camp

hey can we join the engo soc? i didnt attend on fri during oweek so i dont know anything.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: SUEUA Slip n Slide & First Year Camp

xrtzx said:
hey can we join the engo soc? i didnt attend on fri during oweek so i dont know anything.
Yeah, if you want I can put you into contact with the prez and she can hook you up with a membership ($10 from memory).

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Sydney Uni Recreational Circus Arts Society (SURCAS) is holding a fire night this Thursday, the 6th of April, and 7.30pm on the Manning Sunken Lawns. Will include fire staff, fire poi, fire club juggling, fire devil sticks etc. Whether you're competent with any of this apparatus or just want to watch, it'll be heaps of fun for all involved. :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
UniBodhi, the University of Sydney's Buddhist Society is holding its annual variety night on Saturday the 12th of August 2006.

Known as Maitri Night, it is a night for people who are interested in Buddhism or want to know more to come along and have a vegetarian dinner, listen to a talk or two, see a hilarious skit and watch a short film (which yours truly helped to produce) This years theme is Letting Go which is basically about human attachment to things and each other, and about the impermanence of life in general.

Come along if you are interested!!

When? Saturday 12th August 2006
Dinner is served at 6pm on the ground floor of Manning House
Performances start at 7pm in Wallace Theatre
How much? $12 for USU members, $15 for USU members at the door

Where can I get tickets? At Wentworth Bridge on Monday and Wednesday, outside Manning on Tuesday and Thursday.

Please see here for more details.

The Oaktree Foundation at Sydney University is taking part in the Inter-Uni Cocktail Party to raise money for the One Day fundraiser. This fundraiser is for Community Development in South Africa and East Timor and for a Teacher Scholarship Program in Papua New Guinea.

When? Wednesday 30th August 2006
Where? Bar 333, George St, Sydney (near Martin Place)
How much? $30 includes drinks
How do I get tickets? Outside Eastern Avenue from week 4

Project

Permanently Confuddled
HSC
Hey everyone. USyd's hip hop crew, SoulXPress, is holding a major event 6-9 pm this coming Tuesday night. Its absolutely FREE, and we've got popping and breaking battles, jam circles, freestyle showcases and performances from SXP girls, Final Reduction, D2MG and others.
We're giving away free drinks and cash for prizes, so come show us your moves and win some stuff! :)

Cost: FREE
When: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Tuesday 29th August 2006
Where: Level 2, Manning House, Manning Rd, The University Of Sydney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)