Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
theone123 said:
i believe so, but u gotta check up. i heard the induction payment is about $200?
the induction isnt seperate, and i wish it was $200, its just 6 hrs worth

ZabZu

HSC
Hey people (esp. Panda)
I just got a call from Luke (the manager of officeworks at Artarmon). He said that all positions were full and he referred me to another store (North Ryde). So i got to wait for the manager from there to give me a call and i might have to do another one-on-one interview :(.

Suprisingly Luke said my interview with him was really good and that id be a good team member.

Good luck in Artarmon Panda

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
kenny75 said:
haha, why do I seem to meet bos people all over the places, Dash was in the group interview and now you in my work place. Well, i'm pretty sure they only have 1 employee name kenny or kenneth over there, so it pretty safe to assume that, yeh, i'm the dude with the name tag "kenneth"

So youre telling me you're not rostered this week too, wtf, I swear they treat us chrissie casual like crap. Do you know if swot got rostered too? Want us to work min of 32 hrs my ass...

Hmpt, got my paycheck wednesday, but i swear there was error with it, remember how we worked at least 20 hrs. well, i only got $89, and that has to include induction money. wtf!!
Yeah i meet bos ppl everywhere as well lol. I'm not rostered either.........i don't understand why we're being hired as xmas casuals in the first place if we aren't being rostered. All i can say is that we shouldn't be getting treated like dirt....none of my friends who work at other coles myers stores have this problem.

I got no idea if swot got rostered.........i haven't worked there since last saturday, and i called up yesterday and i wasn't rostered again (and this is supposed to be a really busy period for kmart). Who told u about the 32 hour min crap? ........cos if that was a kmart staff member who said that, that's utter bs.

I got my paycheck on wed too but got $210 for it......... i think what happened was that on last friday (ur first day of work) u didn't actually log in cos u didn't have the password.........but u logged off (effectively logged in) at 5pm. I think u should go in and speak to the cash management section there.......and explain what happened cos u should have got payed as much as i got as u worked the same number of hours as i did.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
exp. the kmart has this problem, i know of many who are only called to work for kmart. other parts of the colesmyer chain dont have this kinda prob.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
theone123 said:
exp. the kmart has this problem, i know of many who are only called to work for kmart. other parts of the colesmyer chain dont have this kinda prob.

have u heard of other ppl who have had similar problems with kmart in general? If i had known kmart was like this i would have refused their offer and gone to work at coles or myers or something.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Ultimate said:
have u heard of other ppl who have had similar problems with kmart in general? If i had known kmart was like this i would have refused their offer and gone to work at coles or myers or something.
yea , my brother last year had exactly the same problem. was only called in when they needed you, once they called up and his was at school they said to me "can he work 3pm today?" lolz

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
theone123 said:
yea , my brother last year had exactly the same problem. was only called in when they needed you, once they called up and his was at school they said to me "can he work 3pm today?" lolz

damn.....i guess it's a kmart epidemic then, all the effort of going through that gay coles myer process comes to getting a crappy job at kmart that doesn't even give u decent hours or even any proper training.

adsta

HSC
kenny75 said:
anyone work at kmart? Do they ever put you in their roster? They havent put me in their roster for the last 3 weeks, only call when they need me. I know thats how casual works, but I was kind of hoping they'll give me a longer notice. And I still havent got my uniform yet, worked there for about 1.5 weeks, how long did it take you guys to get your uniform?
I just started at kmart yesterday. Doing 35hrs next week, and that was all put on the roster this week. Hopefully things wont change. I used to work at burger king a few years ago, and towards the end I was only called on the day when they wanted me pretty much, so I decided to quit.
Anyway, talk to your manager (if you can, i know what some managers are like).

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
To clear things up on this thread

I have worked with Colesmyer for a long time.

1. All stores = You must order your own uniform. $20 per shirt.
You must buy your own business style straight black trousers + belt + black socks + black shoes.

2. Online Induction pay is hourly for 6 hours. It comes through as soon as Payroll office processes it. It could take anywhere from your first week to your 4th week.

Hope this helps you all.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so what about pay slips?
what information do they have on them?
when it's induction do they tell you you're getting paid for induction or shifts?
if you work e.g. 5hrs sun and 5hrs satdo they just say for example "10 hrs" = $... or do they say 5 hrs @ $ =... and 5hrs @ time and a half = ...??
can you usually check your pay slips if you know your hourly rate of pay?
do they pay less while you are new?
do they automatically change the rate when it's your birthday?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
so what about pay slips?
what information do they have on them?
when it's induction do they tell you you're getting paid for induction or shifts?
if you work e.g. 5hrs sun and 5hrs satdo they just say for example "10 hrs" = $... or do they say 5 hrs @ $ =... and 5hrs @ time and a half = ...??
can you usually check your pay slips if you know your hourly rate of pay?
do they pay less while you are new?
do they automatically change the rate when it's your birthday?
Payslips must have

This is an example:

Description - - - - - - - Hours - - - - - - Rate - - - - Amount
Normal - - - - - - -- - - 14.50 - - - - - - $15.61 - - $226.345
NSWSAT2 - - - - - - - - 7.00 - - - - - - -$0.00 - - - $10.93
NSW SUN - - - - - - - - - 8.00 - - - - - - $23.39 - - $187.12

Then you have Taxable Gross Earnings, Deductions (such as Union Fee etc etc) etc
Your Year To Date details are also there too, such as
YTD Taxable Gross
YTD Tax
And
YTD Net

Induction = Online = Therefore they cannot tell you.
You do not get told about this unless you ask (Don't expect your employer to remember all of this - Do it your dam self - Your manager has a hell of a lot more than you to think about)

Your rate is automatically changed on your birthday, yes.

Colesmyer do not pay a "trainee wage" whilst you are new. You go straight onto your pay rate.

Hope that helps you.
By the way - I didn't have a BiLo payslip nearby to type that, so I used a different company's payslip, but it is still an example.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
thank you! i just dont get this:
biggles04 said:
You do not get told about this unless you ask (Don't expect your employer to remember all of this - Do it your dam self - Your manager has a hell of a lot more than you to think about)
do what ourselves? don't get told what?

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
just wonderin..

im on uni. holidays atm... so i put down as part time

i do 8 hour shifts from tuesday to friday as well as sat. and sunday.

that's about a 32 hour shift per week, way over the expected requirement for part timers.

Well anyway, my question is this:

When i go back to uni, am i allowed go to the manager or someone to be more flexible about my attendance hours? Like i mean, change it to suit my timetable? Am i allowed to go to a casual pay thingy, and then when uni. holidays start again i tell them im able to do 8 hour shifts again?

thanks! ^__^

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ask the manager that you are closest to.

I am a friend of the Administrative Assistant at my store, most of my problems go through him.

Otherwise - I don't see why not?
Sorry - I haven't read your previous posts - Where do you work?

I'll get back to you once I know whether or not you're with Colesmyer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)