Coles Myer Group Interviews (2 Viewers)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol i guess. i haven't prepared anything, i just wanna know all the details before i go in. i hate talking about myself farrout.. dunno what i'd say =/

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol omg. i just got back from my interview couple hours ago..... it was the easiest thing ever. had heaps of fun.. though i reckon i prolly talked too much =/ my ice breaker was: "hi my name is Anne.... and i got lost." cos i did ! >.<

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol nope. some guy rocked up in jeans and a t-shirt and no one said anything. but you don't wanna do that..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glad to hear it annegelic, you were stressing over nothing

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
mine was today, i was kinda out of my league as i was in a room filled with 30 year olds who totally knew how to play the interview, argh i bet ill be unsucessful

Skeeta

HSC
had mine today.. easy peasy.. really laid back and everyone was so friendly

gibbo67

HSC
i had my group interview last friday - it seemed pretty easy in comparison to the group interview i had with PWC last year. has anyone heard back from coles myer about a job posting yet?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol koma.. your interview sounds different to mine.
My officer was Dale Anthes.. he was young and heaps nice.
As soon as i entered the building.. there were a bunch of people waiting in the lobby but I just went straight up. Some lady greeted me and told me to come this way and lalala. So I'm assuming it's ok to just go straight up.
30 second speech - i didn't plan mine at all, just said what came to me at the time. And we didn't talk about work experience AT ALL. Everyone talked about school, uni, family, sports and favourite movie. Actually, we were told by Dale to say our favourite movie as an ice-breaker.
We didn't even have that "O" for Opportunity thing lol.

Skeeta

HSC
Komaticom i had david too!! he was soooo nice

he kinda reminded me of the french black guy "micheill" off the Gilmore Girls.. the one that works with the mum in the hotel.. but heaps friendlier!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Komaticom said:
"In 2 years' time, I'll be probably still be in uni, and still working for Coles Myer - that's assuming I get employed in the first place". That got a few laughs.
that show's you're committed to the company and not going to run off, i wonder if it got you bonus points

i'm glad they all went well

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
I have a group interview with david on the 16th.. i'm actually looking forward to it, but not sure what to expect

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Yo i have a Target Interview tomorrow . Do u guys think its gonna be the same as applying for coles?

anyone been to a target interview, and who knows how much target is payed.????BTw i am not gonna read 100 pages of this thread.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
Yo i have a Target Interview tomorrow . Do u guys think its gonna be the same as applying for coles?

anyone been to a target interview, and who knows how much target is payed.????BTw i am not gonna read 100 pages of this thread.

I work at target ... my interview for x-mas casual job was fairly easy...

In my interview the lady who took the inertview asked me Where i worked previously, What I do in my spare time, Which subjects i liked in HSC, which ones i disliked most, What do i wanna do in the future...

that's all about it...just make sure u back up whatever you say...

as an 18 year old my pay was $11.61, and as a 19yo $13.76.

Good Luck for your interview

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
do i bring a portfolio? and what exactly is "professional attire." also my availability has changed since my application... does that matter?

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Professional attire:

long sleeved shirt
tie
tie bar (optional)
trousers
black leather shoes
formal jacket

Collin

HSC
N/A
For the group interviews, alot of people just wear smart casual. Again it's not that important.

For the 1 on 1 manager interviews, you should present yourself as best as you could. White business shirt and black work pants with black work shoes and a tie. Make sure it's all neat and tidy. Walk with your back straight and sit upright. Assert yourself professionally in all aspects. Same deal with chicks really.

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
lets keep in mind that im a chick... for group interview lets say... black skirt, white shirt and heels?

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
you can wear jeans and a neat top if you want safiya.

but if you wanna dress like a pro, white shirt, black skirt and heels... but i think that's wayyyy overkill for something like a group interview CML holds =\

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
As someone else said, just wear smart casual!

The one i went to, the people on my table were terrible. basically the entire time it was just me and some other chick talking about the stuff. everyone else was just sitting back, and when they did talk they said stupid things lol not to mention some lady couldnt barely even speak english!!

so yeah, just take it easy, its not a big deal and they do it in such a way that all your nerves disappear :)

waterfowl

HSC
Safiya said:
also my availability has changed since my application... does that matter?
Probably not; I wrote availabilities many times: internet application, group interview, personal interview, pre-employment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)