Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

miss cherry

- ladidaaaa -
HSC
thanks for the advice :)
hopefulli i'll get it, even though they havn't gotten back to me, yet but its only been a few days since the application so i'm not too worried yet. all in all, it sounds pretty good :D

k35*

HSC
N/A
I got a store interview at Kmart, and I'm wondering what I should wear?

Shirt/tie or something casual?

miss cherry

- ladidaaaa -
HSC
yay!!! finally, after taking 2 weeks to check my references, a guy frm officeworks called for a store interview. would anyone have any pointers on how to give a good impression, etc...?? thanks in advance :)

- L1n -

HSC
lol i applied for myers but they took 3 months to process my application after the group interview, lol i had like 2 jobs in that period they call me up and expect em to say yes. lol

*Minka*

HSC
You will be utterly amazed at who they will hire sometimes. At my group interview, there was one girl with these tight little black jeans, a white and black Bridget Bardot like top with her boobs very flashed when she leaned over and a belly buttong piercing showing, huge black and white heart earings and a high ponytail with black, white and pink ribbons hanging into it and they hired her on the spot. She didn't do anything useful - she just asked all the young looking ones where we go to school, ignored anyone over 24 or so and had a pink pen with a feather hanging out of her LV bag. I was thinking 'How professional', yet she still got hired. Coles Myer does crazy shit. She was a loudmouth DITZ. Typical cheerleadery popular girl who drives people nuts.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
i need toa ttend a group interview. what towear? im a dude. im thinking black pants with a white businessy shirt. or black businessy shirt?!

CieL

HSC
White. Too much black is like you're going to a funeral.

karoooh

HSC
What about an induction at Kmart? I was told my uniform, 'for now', would be black pants and shoes and a white shirt, but do I have to wear it to the induction or can I just go casual?

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Coles IS NOT GIVING ME ANY SHIFTS FOR THIS ENTIRE WEEK WTF DO I DO.

CieL

HSC
Captin gay said:
Coles IS NOT GIVING ME ANY SHIFTS FOR THIS ENTIRE WEEK WTF DO I DO.
Don't worry.

It's a temporary thing. Apparently.

My store is experiencing the same thing. The casuals are either not put on at all, or have 1-2 shifts lasting 3-4hrs each.

I was only put on one shift this week, lasting 4hrs =.="

I approached my line manager and talked to some senior staff and they said that the Head Office had cut their budget significantly.. and that because they don't have the money to hire many staff, the store is pretty much empty..

And then they gave me some other shit about financial year.. but I dont see how that's relevant..

I got told it might become better around August......... hopefully...........

I wonder if this has anything to do with Coles being bought out.

CieL

HSC
karoooh said:
What about an induction at Kmart? I was told my uniform, 'for now', would be black pants and shoes and a white shirt, but do I have to wear it to the induction or can I just go casual?
White shirt, black pants, etc.. at the induction - don't go casual.

At my store, I went in my "uniform" because I had a choice, either just go to induction then go home, or induction then get some experience..

I wore my uniform because I knew I was going to work for a bit after induction.. and besides, even those who weren't working afterwards wore the standard black n white..

Don't you work at Max Brenner? What happened? [unless I remembered the wrong person]

dodgyfilokid

HSC
karoooh said:
personally wear the "uniform" just in case they offer u to work after the induction as some way of you gaining experience..im pretty sure you will get paid for the work you do after the induction since this was told to us before (ive been there for a good year and 9 mnths)....

wait..are you goin to be workin at d junction??

karoooh

HSC
dodgyfilokid said:
personally wear the "uniform" just in case they offer u to work after the induction as some way of you gaining experience..im pretty sure you will get paid for the work you do after the induction since this was told to us before (ive been there for a good year and 9 mnths)....

wait..are you goin to be workin at d junction??
Yep, at Bondi!

I just have a problem with the white shirt. I don't really have one, except a couple with faint black stripes... :/ If I can't find anything, I'll just wear it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)