Considerations for yr 12 (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
WHen do you guys have holidays? How are you going to use it to prepare for Yr 12. It's scary because now I know that everything we do onwards counts!!!

I am bascially shitting myself here.

Kulazzi

HSC
well, right now I'm into my 2nd wk of the hols and start school on monday. I have overlooked ahead so I know what to expect, so yeah.

Abtari

HSC
Same here

Yeah, we start school on Tuesday after a good two weeks, but I haven't looked up much. What have you looked up in particular? Any tips?

Kulazzi

HSC
well, I've bought extra textbooks for most of my subjects so then I know what to expect, and not just rely on the school's resources. It helps me understand better and compare the textbooks and see which one is really effective. For eg, I think the macquarie guide for business studies is better than excel. So yeah, you can bhuy extra books from Dymocks or Angus and Robertson. For maths, I buy like 2 other resources and keep practicing from them so I don't do the same questions over again and again from the same textbook.

Abtari

HSC
Any hints for these subjects?

I do:

4U Maths
Adv English
Physics
Chemistry
BIology

Abtari

HSC
Reference books

Kulazzi said:
ok, now I don't know what subjects you do, but check these links out:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=12045&page=2&pp=15

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=42045

there are posts in there which recommends extra textbooks/flashcards etc. etc.

WHen it comes to buying reference text books I get sceptical. I don't know if I'm making the ruight choice. e.g. WHen I saw a number of Yr 12ers using Success One guides, I thought of buying it, but my CHemistry teacher told me not to buy it because it doesn't follow the syllabus, which is important. I think Excel is probably more reliable. I haven't really tried Macquarie yet.

Kulazzi

HSC
I'm not sure abt Succes One guides, but macquarie guides are excellent. They explain pretty well, follow the syllabus point precisely and includes some diagrams. I'm not too sure abt excel but I personally don't like it, which is why I bought macquarie to try it out. And it is excellent. :)

Abtari

HSC
Sweet!

I think I'll lean towards Macquarie study guides...

Thanx

Kulazzi

HSC
no worries, but when you browse thru the bookshops for a textbook, just have a flick thru the actual textbook to see if it really works for you :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
uhh, why don't you just wait until you go back to school, find out exactly what you're doing (ie there's no point buying study guides for coleridge when you do the tempest, yeah?) and *then* start preparing

Kulazzi

HSC
glycerine said:
uhh, why don't you just wait until you go back to school, find out exactly what you're doing (ie there's no point buying study guides for coleridge when you do the tempest, yeah?) and *then* start preparing
Well, I think most of us know by now what we're gonna do for our HSC course - which will also be done at school. I don't think it hurts to start early. Like now, I'm using some of my time to read over what I'm gonna do in class, so then I can get into the habit otherwise I'll be distracted by the computer all the time and a cute lil baby boy running around the house :p

fakingtheday

HSC
You guys seem pretty organised then. I've got all my folders and shit for next term, started reading emma for english and begun work on my D&T major work as well as downloaded all of the syllabus for my subjects. It's going to be a fun year.

Abtari

HSC
Preparation is annoying

I think preparation is important but having trouble doing even that, so it has been outting me off. Can't even understand a speech by Margaret Atwood that we're doing for Module B...

also constantly distracted, still in holiday mode...

don't know if I can cope when school starts again..

Abtari

HSC
fakingtheday said:
You guys seem pretty organised then. I've got all my folders and shit for next term, started reading emma for english and begun work on my D&T major work as well as downloaded all of the syllabus for my subjects. It's going to be a fun year.

Fun??? Are you serious? This upcoming year is going to be sheer hell!! (that's what I think anyway)

I'm certainly not looking forward to it although I must admit I wanna get out of wearing school uniform as soon as possible!

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
i havent started study or buying textbooks or anything. we dont even know what topics we are studying for english or ancient history ir anything. will be a surprise@ ( our teachers keep changing their minds anyway, so i am glad i didnt start to read or anything)
have relaxed and plan to work hard, when school actually starts

Kulazzi

HSC
fakingtheday said:
I'm not THAT organised nor am I the organisational-type-person :rolleyes: But I am buying separate folders for each of my subjects and filing my notes in there afterwards after a day at school. We've already got My Place by Sally Morgan for english and I've already read that. We're too doing emma/clueless but haven't started on that yet. Got my syllabusses printed off as well. It might be a fun year for me but also a bit stressing cos I have to do TWO major works....

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
lol LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOLLOOLLLOOLOLOOLLL
(extreme laughter)

Thanks to some techy innovation from up there, i can put my cursor over a thread and the first msg pops up!!! Whoever started this.....how can you be "shitting yourself" now??????? We havent even started yr 12 yet.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)