Cost of Course. (1 Viewer)

ohYea

HSC
As an international student i have to pay USYD or UNSW ~33k:speechless: p.a. I heard that permanent resident do not have to pay that much. I think the cost comes down to 8k for engineering studies. Is this true and also why's the difference that big(if true)?

kfnmpah

HSC
Because why should people from other countries get to come here and use our education system and our HECS system then fuck off back to their own country, not enter the australian work force and hence not pay taxes?
If you become a permanent resident, the cost does go down.

ohYea

HSC
Because why should people from other countries get to come here and use our education system and our HECS system then fuck off back to their own country, not enter the australian work force and hence not pay taxes?
If you become a permanent resident, the cost does go down.
to 8k ???

kfnmpah

HSC
not sure exactly, but for citizens that's about the going rate. might get a bit higher each year or whatever. i have no idea.

go away.

D94

HSC
N/A
As an international student i have to pay USYD or UNSW ~33k:speechless: p.a. I heard that permanent resident do not have to pay that much. I think the cost comes down to 8k for engineering studies. Is this true and also why's the difference that big(if true)?
No. It's not like we only pay 8k and you pay 33k. We still have to pay the whole 33k back once we earn over 47k per year, in increasing periodic installments.

betanumerical

HSC
No. It's not like we only pay 8k and you pay 33k. We still have to pay the whole 33k back once we earn over 47k per year, in increasing periodic installments.
We don't actually, the government (completely) foots the bill for a rather large chunk of our uni education and the other half we have to pay back after we earn over 47k.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Incorrect. Commonwealth Supported Places which almost all domestic students are in are heavily subsidised by the government.

D94

HSC
N/A
Incorrect. Commonwealth Supported Places which almost all domestic students are in are heavily subsidised by the government.
Yeah, I took it a bit further. Assuming an engineering student can't pay the 32k+ (4 years), the next logical option would be HECS-HELP loans, so in that sense, they make the repayments once they earn over 47k.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Yeah, I took it a bit further. Assuming an engineering student can't pay the 32k+ (4 years), the next logical option would be HECS-HELP loans, so in that sense, they make the repayments once they earn over 47k.
international have to pay upfront 30k+ a year. It's nothing like domestic. We pay 32k+ for 4 years and can put it on HECS.

phuong14

HSC
hey im im from New Zealand, but have been living in australia since 2005. Am i eligible to apply for HECS?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Domestic students shouldn't have to pay as much as international students, it's our education system.

Plus the reason why the government funds us is to better the Australian workforce, why would Australia want to help other countries to improve their workforce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)