cotton on group interview (1 Viewer)

sstipo

HSC
I have a cotton on group interview on friday so i decided to google it to see if there were any tips. All i got was people saying how crap it is to work there and how bad they treat you.

Do any of you have any experience working with them - should i just ditch the interview?

*Baby-K*

HSC
Try Pumpkin Patch- it's so much better from my point of view (I used to work there, in the CBD store) and usually it was fun even though I worked full day saturday and sunday. Cotton on tend to be very small stores with small spaces and very stuffy

chamelia

HSC
I'm sure it's too bad. Everyone whines about their jobs no matter how good they are - cos they're jobs.

It's almost un-Australian or something to not complain about your job.

ashh.ONFIRE

HSC
ooh, i have a group interview too
on saturday, in parramatta.
haha im having seconds thoughts now, everyone is saying how cotton on SUCKS!

totally nervous about the group interviewww :(

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Why don't you just go and if it ends up being shit you can just quit? You wouldn't have applied if you weren't at least a little bit interested. I highly doubt everyone who works there goes through shit. Just do it. If nothing else it's interview experience.

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
I'd rather work eat shit than work at cotton.

I heard they make you wear their shit and everyone knows their shit is made of $0.99 fabric from India and it melts when it's hot.

born2b

HSC
lols i dont mind :p

i have mine saturday ddunoo what to wear?

casual ? formal ? semi casuaL?

blOwfish

HSC
Jon73 said:
I'd rather work eat shit than work at cotton.

I heard they make you wear their shit and everyone knows their shit is made of $0.99 fabric from India and it melts when it's hot.
LMAO!

cant stand cotton on. Its just so... ugly

gordo174

HSC
OK.

Yes this thread is HELL old, however the shit I've read it in I just had to comment on.

Firstly, everyone who is complaining about not getting enough hours as a casual, look up the fucken defination of the word casual and you'll see BY LAW you are not garanteed any hours, idiots.

The clothes are cheap, you get what you pay for, the styles change every week so why would you want to spent $200.00 on something when new styles will change in 7 days, fuckwit.

You have to wear their clothes, with a 30% discount, so if you're buying a $10.00 shirt, GET OVER IT!

You are paid for everything you do, if you're not you're an idiot for not making sure.

If you didn't get a break ASK FOR ONE. You try running a store with 30,000 things to do, your break is NOT the priority on our minds, heavens just fucken ask and remind us, idiots.

You are forced to sell, YOU ARE IN A JOB TO MAKE THE COMPANY MONEY. get over it.

You have all just whinged about shit all.

The company puts so much money in recruitment, training and it's a big success. This shows from what it has become.

Idiots, complete... idiots.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
OK.

Yes this thread is HELL old, however the shit I've read it in I just had to comment on.

Firstly, everyone who is complaining about not getting enough hours as a casual, look up the fucken defination of the word casual and you'll see BY LAW you are not garanteed any hours, idiots.

The clothes are cheap, you get what you pay for, the styles change every week so why would you want to spent $200.00 on something when new styles will change in 7 days, fuckwit.

You have to wear their clothes, with a 30% discount, so if you're buying a $10.00 shirt, GET OVER IT!

You are paid for everything you do, if you're not you're an idiot for not making sure.

If you didn't get a break ASK FOR ONE. You try running a store with 30,000 things to do, your break is NOT the priority on our minds, heavens just fucken ask and remind us, idiots.

You are forced to sell, YOU ARE IN A JOB TO MAKE THE COMPANY MONEY. get over it.

The company puts so much money in recruitment, training and it's a big success. This shows from what it has become.

you are so shit.

lev19

HSC
i went to a Cotton on interview and thought i didnt get it as i didnt hear from them but today they rang me and told me i was successful and to come to an induction in 10 days. i have read horrible things about working at cotton on and want to know if i should keep looking??
does anyone know what the hourly rate is like and what sort of hours a casual usually would get working there??

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
OK.

Way to make yourself heard, acting like a twat. No one asked about the standard of work environments or procedures in a buisness.

Isnt Cotton On a kiddy clothes store?

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I worked at Cotton On Body as a Christmas casual last year and I had a pretty decent time. The group interview people were rather aggressive and scary and cracked it if you asked a question they didn't like, but the store manager wasn't much older than me and very kind, and my co-workers were fun.
Helped that I worked for a good 9 hours or so on Boxing Day, when it was double time and a half.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Someone asked some question about tax, and their tax file number and how it hadn't come through yet, and the interviewer chick cracked it at the poor girl. I have no idea why.
I was very, very happy to get out of there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)