• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Court gives green light to "boobs on bikes" parade (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Graney said:
Pre-pubescent kids are never prosecuted for nudity in public. They are practically free to be nude everywhere already. Living near the beach, I always used to see nude kids at the showers, and even at the corner store for real young kids.
So have I.
But you're missing my point.

So there is nothing wrong with very young children nude in public, because well they don't know enough. And it's okay for an adult to be nude in public, because well it's perfectly natural. So by the same token, young children a little older, say 14 year old boys and girls nude in public? Is that okay as well?

And if it is okay, would it be illegal for an older person to ogle at those nude young children? or have a conversation about them? or compliment them for how they look? in a very public place?

You don't see the lunacy in that? Nudity in public is just wrong.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes but the big point about this atheist morality question is that you've cut off the ultimate apex of truth - knoweldge of the divine! Without this, the whole wretched pyramid of knowledge comes tumbling down. You troll the ashes and rubble of relativism, justifying anything that suits your own immediate ends - the 'self evident' truth of your own power.
In such a ruin, utilitarian morality is a walk up the garden path!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kommen Beck To Ze Fold, You! Scheerooe her-ding-her!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Kwayera said:
That's entirely inaccurate. It is totally based on social conditioning - look at extant primitive societies, who are quite happy to be as naked as the day they are born, adults and children both.
I'd say biology is the reason the learned habit of covering the genitals developed, and thus our aversion to nudity. The relatively large size of human genitalia + our upright posture makes them especially vulnerable not only to damage, but also climate. Our ability to utilise tools naturally lead to us covering and protecting our most valuable possession.

Even in largely nude primitive societies, the males especially still often (if not always) wear some sort of genital protection.

Makes me wonder, if there could be a link between tool use/the invention of clothes, and the development of larger genitalia...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
Lol knew youd say hi. /kwayer/
I dont understand the obsession with the "natural" and primitive - as if the lowest form of civilization discovered under some shit hole rock is some powerful blow against moral absolutes.
They are wrongly conditioned! Yes! Natives can be wrong too!
So a primitive society is automatically wrong because they haven't been exposed to the enlightened bigotry and prudishness of a Christian-influenced society.

They're not wrongly conditioned. It's the natural state, and thus disproving that your idea that everyone must respect our genitalia as something sacred and divine and not to be seen in public is patently ridiculous.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Graney said:
I'd say biology is the reason the learned habit of covering the genitals developed, and thus our aversion to nudity. The relatively large size of human genitalia + our upright posture makes them especially vulnerable not only to damage, but also climate. Our ability to utilise tools naturally lead to us covering and protecting our most valuable possession.

Even in largely nude primitive societies, the males especially still often (if not always) wear some sort of genital protection.

Makes me wonder, if there could be a link between tool use/the invention of clothes, and the development of larger genitalia...
Could be. However, chimpanzees patently have bigger balls than humans, both relatively and literally, and they haven't seen the need to cover them up.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
sam04u said:
young children a little older, say 14 year old boys and girls nude in public? Is that okay as well?

And if it is okay, would it be illegal for an older person to ogle at those nude young children? or have a conversation about them? or compliment them for how they look? in a very public place?
Who is harmed by this action?

lolokay

HSC
sam04u said:
So have I.
But you're missing my point.

So there is nothing wrong with very young children nude in public, because well they don't know enough. And it's okay for an adult to be nude in public, because well it's perfectly natural. So by the same token, young children a little older, say 14 year old boys and girls nude in public? Is that okay as well?

You don't see the lunacy in that? Nudity in public is just wrong.
should it be illegal for a 14 year old to dress in a way that could be considered to be sexually provocative? :confused:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Kwayera said:
Could be. However, chimpanzees patently have bigger balls than humans, both relatively and literally, and they haven't seen the need to cover them up.
Less vulnerable posture imo. Quadrupeds are much better protected in every way. Humanity is uniquely vulnerable.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Graney said:
Less vulnerable posture imo. Quadrupeds are much better protected in every way. Humanity is uniquely vulnerable.
Actually they spend quite a bit of time bipedal. And it's a common fighting technique to go for the genitals in chimpanzee inter-group aggression.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Come on sam, you'll have to present a better argument than conflating the existence of the human form and the 'evils' of sexuality :p. The argument is right on the tip of your tongue; go!
There are debates based on fact, and debates based on opinion.
In a debate based on fact, posing conclusive evidence from a mutually respected source wins the debate.
In a debate based on opinion it's a little less organised or easy to present.

You see there is something pure and innocent in young children. And for every year that we live longer on earth, they should be allowed to experience that pureness and innocence for a little longer. Now where the life expectancy is at an all time high, children should be allowed to experience the pureness and innocence of childhood for longer.

That is something we all understand. Infact it's pretty much just generally understood by all but the sick and demented. I know at the moment you will be mentally deconstructing the former paragraph, and preparing an argument which states that one thing or another wouldn't corrupt purity or innocence. But I implore you to think about it before hitting the "Quote" button if you haven't already.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
No I'm asking you to examine your morality to find out what causes you to believe certain things and feel certain ways?
religion. lol

but what im concerned about is the dangerous precedent with will follow by allowing something like this to follow through. where will it stop? as SAM has already suggested we are looking down a dangerous path.

Miles Edgeworth said:
What you're arguing is that those who are atheists cannot experience sexual attraction whilst in the same breath condemning the act as wholly sexual. Make. Up. Your. Mind. Sunbeam.
what im saying is that with increase in nudity the long term consequences of open nudity in society will lead to the diminshment of sexual attraction as sexual organs will be a norm in society. this is my major concern. as you have suggested "a penis is the same as an arm" i find this statement fucked.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I'll never join you!
Jesus is close to you! Feel his healing embrace, his compassion and mercy! I know it still burns within you! I feel the embers of the force within you, aching for some air!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bigboyjames said:
what im saying is that with increase in nudity the long term consequences of open nudity in society will lead to the diminshment of sexual attraction as sexual organs will be a norm in society. this is my major concern. as you have suggested "a penis is the same as an arm" i find this statement fucked.
What? How, exactly, would it lead to a diminishment of sexual attraction? Like in those primitive societies that run around butt naked, they have as many children (if not more) than we do.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Originally Posted by sam04u said:
young children a little older, say 14 year old boys and girls nude in public? Is that okay as well?

And if it is okay, would it be illegal for an older person to ogle at those nude young children? or have a conversation about them? or compliment them for how they look? in a very public place
Graney said:
Who is harmed by this action?
Are you fucking serious?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
To you, Kwayara, I wish to offer encouragement: step forward into Christ’s loving embrace; recognize the Church as your home. No one need remain on the outside, for from the day of Pentecost the Church has been one and universal!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
sam04u said:
Are you fucking serious?
Absolutely.

If some guy talks to my kids and is secretely fantasising about fucking them, but does not act out these fantasies, what difference does it make if they are naked or clothed (assuming we were living in this hypothetical society where nudity is normalised and desexualised)?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
To you, Kwayara, I wish to offer encouragement: step forward into Christ’s loving embrace; recognize the Church as your home. No one need remain on the outside, for from the day of Pentecost the Church has been one and universal!
Thanks but no, I like the light outside :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)