cramming (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
bella3150 said:
i'm cramming too and i dont plan on going to bed anytime soon. I'm trying to learn the whole peloponnesian war and pompeii (the most boring dryest topics on earth!) i cant wait till the hsc is over.
the whole peloponnesian war? what topic?

HSC
pink-hickup said:
Anyone have any tips on the best method of studying for Ancient? Modern I can retain, but Ancient seems to go in one ear and out the other... Actually I'd be surprised if it actually went through my head at all...

seriously just read the syllabus and be able to say a few points, most of the time the question is straight out from the syllabus.
ie for sparta- name 2 festivals.
easy!
but for the ones ur doing essays, still read the syllabus but think of which ones can they ask as a 25/10/15 mark question, and remember that they have asked questions on stuff b4. but dont forget about it! just dont put as much emphasis on them.
thats what my teacher told us to do anyways.
very helpful.

im so not tired.
im so restless too.
i keep biting my lip and moving my foot and stuff.
im so anxious...
gahhhh.

bella3150

HSC
Option I Greece: The Greek world 446 – 399 BC

I just can't get into it, does anyone else have the problem that their teacher chose something boring?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
bella3150 said:
Option I Greece: The Greek world 446 – 399 BC

I just can't get into it, does anyone else have the problem that their teacher chose something boring?
your teacher chose yours for you? that sux, we got to choose ours

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
danniface. said:
You Got To Choose Yours?!?!

What The Hell D:
i thought everyone did, wtf....

we chose athens at time of pericles
500-440
Xerxes

it all ties in together so its good :D

pink-hickup

HSC
Thanks for the tips! My teacher just tells us to study everything equally b/c it's all important and blah blah - she's not very realistic lol.

I wish I wasn't tired... I'm considering taking a power nap for about an hour so I can really concentrate, but I plan on finishing SOR study first so my nap may not be for some time yet!

And we didn't get to choose our topics either! Damn our dictatorial teachers!

Last edited:

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
i started study at about 12.30 this avo hahahaha.... :( so far ive briefly done greece 500-440 and P&H. still have sparta to whatever war it is starting with L and Caesar (knowing me thats prob spelt wrong) to go. weeeeeeeeeeee...

fail.

oh well.

there's bigger things in life then a 3 hour exam on stuff that happened back then some time.

bella3150

HSC
oh really? lucky!
we dont get much of a choice, i think the teachers are just comfortable teaching a certain topic and want the students to stick to that. What time period are you doing?

HSC
Man.. its 10:30.. And I feel like its 2am. Im so freaking tired. My head is gone. 2 cups of coffe aint doing shit.

Man.. Itll be ok. The only thing in scared about is damn, Augustus, his reforms in particular. Caesar is ok.. P&H... AHAHAH. im so screwed... I bet they wont ask shit on excavation.. and just put in something random, like technology changes.

Concidering Caesar, I think theyll ask something concerning his Civil War, or his paths to power, ...

Ah, man.. i need a good mark, I mean I have a historian in the family!

F*&^% I havent even thought about extension. *bangs head on table*

Well.. all the best of luck everybody. =)

HSC
i bet those 2 cups of coffee will kick in just as u try to go to sleep.
its always the way it is.

i swear theyd better not trick us and chuck in a question thats been asked like last yr. grr ill be angry if they do.

HSC
Yeah, anything asked in the last who years I havent really payed attension to. So if they ask about it, I am screwed.

I think im screwed anyway.

*drinks more Coffee*

donz

HSC
CrownerOf.Kings said:
Man.. its 10:30.. And I feel like its 2am. Im so freaking tired. My head is gone. 2 cups of coffe aint doing shit.

Man.. Itll be ok. The only thing in scared about is damn, Augustus, his reforms in particular. Caesar is ok.. P&H... AHAHAH. im so screwed... I bet they wont ask shit on excavation.. and just put in something random, like technology changes.

Concidering Caesar, I think theyll ask something concerning his Civil War, or his paths to power, ...

Ah, man.. i need a good mark, I mean I have a historian in the family!

F*&^% I havent even thought about extension. *bangs head on table*

Well.. all the best of luck everybody. =)

hey man. its all good dont worry

i use acronyms alot and sometiems it good to just know what they were and then u can bullshit a mark or two on elaboration.

so u need to remember before the actual social, political, admin and legal reforms he revised the senatorial role

i call this the roslej reforms

ros [ revision of the senetaorial role) eg fines for non attendance, chose speakers at random

lej ( legislative, judical, and executice changes) this is mainly about how he shared the workload and not power eg cause of mauis imperium he had control

the theres the slarp ( fairly easy to remember ) reforms

the social , legal etc

prety much the poltical reforms are jus the settlements of 27 and 23

social had 4 , the julian laws, the ius trium liborium ( 3 kids = yayness ) and sumpturay laws. so this is easy to remeber if u think of a controling father. eg you cant spent so much money, u can go out and have sex with lots of people and have lots of grandkids.

legal: im fucked for :)

admin: = big fwop

beautify city, (actually no I but it works) , grain dole, fire = flooding, order and law, and prestige of the city.

so basically , if u write all that down and elborate somewhat, it should get a good 20/25. they are fairly easy markers if you just u seem to know actual names and show u have an understand of what they are, how they helped, why they were as aposed to learning just facts.

hope it helps

( if i doesnt.. it surehelped me wiritng it :) )

PAX

Last edited:
HSC
somebody stop me.
im addicted to this site and now im not studying.
ahhh.
is there a quit line?
1800 stop procrastinating.

menofstudy

Retiring Member
HSC
CrownerOf.Kings said:
Yeah, anything asked in the last who years I havent really payed attension to. So if they ask about it, I am screwed.

I think im screwed anyway.

*drinks more Coffee*
You would do better drinking water.

erm

HSC
i don't do ancient, but keep it up guys!

just think of yourself in a week's time - freedom at last - enjoy the moment (i daresay!)......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)