Creative paper 1 whaaaaaat (1 Viewer)

GoodLuck

HSC
I freaked out for a moment, but have you noticed that a lot of the trials from random schools have creative stimuli that come from the unseen section? That might be what they're referring to.
Then it's NOT texts that I'VE studied, how is that fair?

eshdawg

HSC
well in extension 1 they do this for example:

Compose a piece of original imaginative writing using a setting from one of your prescribed
texts and incorporating these three terms:

a wish a message solitude

Your response should draw on your knowledge and understanding of the elective you have studied.

See, it could be something like that?

2010 hsc

jessxxxr

HSC
hahahah phewwww thankfully my creative writing is very easy to relate to the crucible, i'm more freaking out about the unseen 'text' :S

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I freaked out for a moment, but have you noticed that a lot of the trials from random schools have creative stimuli that come from the unseen section? That might be what they're referring to.
what that happens all the time. i'm pretty sure it happened in the hsc too, but it's not like you have to adapt to the unseen text, it might just be a quote or whatever and you can use it in a completely different way

or maybe it's to throw everyone off, you know just in good humor
if so it is very funny

i love how they release this at 6:30 or whenever it was released. my cousin in the same year texted me 15mins after and i was like wtf do people actually read these things

jessxxxr

HSC
ohhhh good thinking, that is true, hopefully that's it

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
how would they know which text we studied? i did dickinson but my creative's cultural .. so i guess i can relate it to romulus my father :p
you would probably write it at the top of your page, but then again you could just bs any text so yeah go ahead if it is

Skriker

HSC
what that happens all the time. i'm pretty sure it happened in the hsc too, but it's not like you have to adapt to the unseen text, it might just be a quote or whatever and you can use it in a completely different way

if so it is very funny

i love how they release this at 6:30 or whenever it was released. my cousin in the same year texted me 15mins after and i was like wtf do people actually read these things
haha and they may have even made a typo scaring the shit out of people :/

apollo1

Banned
HSC
lol calm down guys. the board want to sound all professional so they just gave creative writing some cool sounding name.

HSC
Uni Grad
oh um i have studied a related text which happens to be exactly like my memorised creative writing

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
"Tuesday's two-hour paper for English Standard and Advanced has three parts: short answer questions about an unseen text, a composition on or adaption of a studied text, and an essay based on the area of study, Belonging. The English as a Second Language or ESL exam, which goes for 90 minutes, has two parts. They are short answers based on unseen texts and an essay."

digging deeper

why this obvious distinction

but lol if we go in tmr and everything's the same

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Hopefully the "studied text" refers to a quote or image from one of the unseen texts that we have to "study".

HSC
The more I think about it the less likely they could have a single text as this would mean having to completely change the 4-6 mark comparison question normally used at the end. Also if it were only one text we wouldn't need as much reading time (unless it's like 3-4 pages long?), not to mention having to come up with a heap more questions for a single text would actually make it easier for us imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)