Creative writing - do you title your masterpiece? (1 Viewer)

Jocharles

HSC
I was just wondering...

Should you title your creative story or just leave it as the default : SECTION 2 on the exam paper?
I think my title makes my story more effective so i was just wondering?
Cheers.

ghkddnjstkd

HSC
is putting in the title make better impression to the markers?
just wondering...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's only good if you have one planned. Don't waste time trying to think of a creative title.

moshi.bum

HSC
It's the convention of the narrative text type to have a title, so yes, it is advisable to have one.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
they're not gonna mark you down, or give you better marks for having/not having one... so whatever you want

mirakon

nigga
HSC
They actually could indirectly mark you up for having one as a title always leaves a good impression (as it adds a hint of professionalism and cmopleteness to a story). As marking of Creative Writing is subjective, good impressions can easily influence the marker to appreciate your story even more. Just don't spend too much time on it.

However it's better to get on with your story. Probably add in the title afterwards if you have time.

Sadiah

HSC
Agreed.

Having a title makes your literacy piece look professional plus it indeed gives markers a good impression.

Tip: Write your story first and then do the title (it'll prevent you from spending too much time ont it).

They actually could indirectly mark you up for having one as a title always leaves a good impression (as it adds a hint of professionalism and cmopleteness to a story). As marking of Creative Writing is subjective, good impressions can easily influence the marker to appreciate your story even more. Just don't spend too much time on it.

However it's better to get on with your story. Probably add in the title afterwards if you have time.

elmoateme

HSC
We get told to always use a title. If you finish reading time early you can usually think of one quickly. If not leave it until last, but make sure you have one. One that clearly conveys your ideas about belonging will make sure the marker reads your piece with those ideas in mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)