Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

rusty123

HSC
i wrote about how the grandfather tells of how, when he was a young man, he participated in a marathon (discovering "his place" - cliche and a half!). i started this part by saying how the sunlight rains down on a sign or some shit, leaving it gleaming with opportunities for everyone beholding it. then, in the very last sentence, i revealed how the grandfather had been in a wheelchair all his life (wow what a twist, im sure the marker is shocked at how he overcame adversity, blah de blah), and closed with the image of the sunlight gleaming on its wheels. it's alright, i make it sound better than it was, but do y'all think this is way too cliched?

carreau

HSC
Lets see.. I wrote about a war between America and Brazil in 2053 where america nukes Brazil, which caused radiation poisoning, hence *my* last story im telling to a guy, so he can discover the truths about the government. My wife gets raped because, I'm a farmer and couldnt meet the fruit quota the government ordered and my daughter dies of radiation poisoning.

I'm so getting 15..

quincyboi

HSC
carreau said:
Lets see.. I wrote about a war between America and Brazil in 2053 where america nukes Brazil, which caused radiation poisoning, hence *my* last story im telling to a guy, so he can discover the truths about the government. My wife gets raped because, I'm a farmer and couldnt meet the fruit quota the government ordered and my daughter dies of radiation poisoning.

I'm so getting 15..
HAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!! OMG that is the funniest shit I've ever heard!:rofl:

sideshowtim

HSC
carreau said:

I'm so getting 15..
"Mr. Ronaldo..where is your fruit?!"
"I'm sorry...I don't have it, sir :("
'Thats it! RAPE HIS WIFE!"

quincyboi

HSC
OK, OK I got one. I am walking down the street like u know when my like eyeballs turn into cheese and explode. Suddenly I get raped by a group of old women. But like, like then this talking donkey which is also a metaphor for my deep fear of heights starts to fall from the sky. BUT, the donkey is in a submarine and the submarine is a metaphor for my crippling diptherma, and in the end I learn from this my true career calling as an accountant through great personal discover, and....

JhK89

HSC
my grandpa in the story got prostate cancer o_O

blond_e

HSC
quincyboi said:
OK, OK I got one. I am walking down the street like u know when my like eyeballs turn into cheese and explode. Suddenly I get raped by a group of old women. But like, like then this talking donkey which is also a metaphor for my deep fear of heights starts to fall from the sky. BUT, the donkey is in a submarine and the submarine is a metaphor for my crippling diptherma, and in the end I learn from this my true career calling as an accountant through great personal discover, and....
Wtf... that sounds really tripped out. lol

HSC
I think most people focused on a grandfather or grandfather-figure dying. I only realised after the exam was over that the examiners will be looking for "fresh" ideas that veer away from the norm.

Hell, there was no vivid death imagery in mine, just an open grave, but the death is still there. But the actual concept in my story was original, an inner journey within a physical one (I know THAT'S not unique, but the specifics are), so hopefully they consider it well strucutred enough and not too similar to all other's they received. My "Pop" died suddenly, there was no real suggestion of it.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
wow, so many ppl wrote about the grandfather dying. lol

i just wrote about an old g uy telling a kid aabout his past t.. about how his family died when the war began.~~

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
That is risky (for obvious reasons). XD
Its a happy ending though! lucky i removed descriptive language about the Germans that i had included in my practice one lolz.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
i actually adapted it pretty well.. my prepared creative writing that is... i chose a diary text type cuz its more personal and i can use "I" etc.. lol ummm i used the comment that they gave us at the beginning obviously.. and i wrote... "that was the last gesture and thing my father had ever said to me because my mother and he are getting a divorce... then i said.. and im stuck going to therapy.. and then all prepared stuff.. but maed reference to him and my mother's relatoinship and their divorce.. etc...

geegables

HSC
I adopted the quote as my father telling me one last bedtime story because the beginning of my prepared creative writing was a dream...so i hope it goes well with originality

maskd

HSC
"He told me one last story. He used his aged, ruined voice like an old man's hands to pick the lock on his past ... then he died ..." groaned Bill.
"What, so the old codger didn't even tell you where the inheritance was?" replied Spencer, buffing the barrel of his shotgun.
"No, so we'll just have get some loot the old fashioned way, now follow me you idiot!"
They pulled down their balaclavas and pumped their shotguns, with adrenaline flowing through their veins they quickly approached the door of the bank, when suddenly Bill noticed that the floor beneath him seemed to have disappeared.

Or something like that

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
quincyboi said:
Cheese.
Shrek reference
Rape
Submarine
Accountancy

Truely original x
BAND 6!

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
How do you actually go well in creative writing? What are the markers actually looking for that allows for the student to gain 15/15 do they want cliche metaphors and similes or just a plain story with a slight twist.

kityingleung

HSC
LOL my grandfather died..... his story was set back in the olden chinese days..... TVBJ anyone =D???

purplepixie

HSC
Urgh. Why did they have to have that stupid quote? I mean that's the worst thing they could do.
I still used my pre-planned idea because I couldn't think of anything else that wouldn't just be what everyone else would have wrote!
But that meant it took me ages to get to the point because I had to start of with that stupid thing.

Ok... enough ranting from me.

jackkelly

HSC
Hey, see how the uber-retarded question included the quote/statement thingy:

"He told me one last story. He used his aged, ruined voice like an old man's hands to pick the lock on his past ..."..

and then it told us to "start our peices with this" (or something a rather)..

Did people literrally start their response off with:

He told me one last story. He used his aged, ruined voice like an old man's hands to pick the lock on his past ... <rest of templated response>

or did people do what i did, and use the statement as more of a stimulas, using that as a starting point for the rest of the stupid response?

goodluck with the modules. if aos was this gay- can u imagine how hard the rest will be :S

carreau

HSC
quincyboi said:
HAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!! OMG that is the funniest shit I've ever heard!:rofl:
Meh.. My summary of it seems to make it a little farfetch.. but, it was actually ok. I suppose it was better than my trial idea.. I mixed in all the texts we had learnt, characters, plots etc into one big crazy story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)