creative writing.. (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hey guiz, I have an idea for a story: it's about a wizard named Harry (who doesn't know he's a wizard at the start), and he has to fight a bad guy named Voldemort (but you shouldn't say his name) with his friends Ron and Hermione.

Is it allowed?
did professor mcgonagall feed u this BS that plagiarism is alright ;) ?

HSC
No. If every other HSC student has to suffer through writing a shitty creative piece on belonging then you should too. You're going to have to write one eventually for the external exams so you might as well write it now. If your teacher said you could take the ideas, then use the story for inspiration and write your own. Never, under any circumstances is it okay to copy another person's work.
+1

dsor01

HSC
I do not recommend it. In the trials the teachers are forced to look through the essay. My teacher goes through each essay via the internet. If your teacher thinks that a particular sentence you wrote, doesn't soound like something you normally write, then they google that sentence and trust me when I say this. GOOGLE GIVES YOU THE BOOK FROM WHERE ITS RETRIEVED AND THE PAGE NUMBER, EVEN THE QUOTE.

Do NOT use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole31

HSC
For fuck's sake, use your brain and work up your own unqiue creative; Dont steal someone's story. Simply lazy. If 5039704682 people in the state can write a creative story. So can you.
To add, The excel book, is practically made by teachers. -.-
So my point? They will know.

Illest

HSC
LOL, an advanced english teacher at my school said that she was marking the english paper, creative writing part, and caught a girl doing that. She said she had heard the story from somewhere before and gave it to a head marker. Turns out the girl literally memorised the whole story and rewrote it. She got a zero.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Teachers probably have the bloody Excel guide themselves, so don't even bother. But what's worse in hindsight, getting a zero for plagerising or getting an 8/15?

At least you know at the end of the day you've tried your best.

Also, you do know that at the marking centre they have knowledge of the typically plagerised stories and have access to Google.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)