edit: win

bos1234 said:
p.s. what a beauty of a ball by muttiah to get clarke ouot
who cares they lost.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
They were cruising along until Dhoni got run out. There seems to be renewed tension between Ponting/Symonds and Harbhajan again.

Good game Gilly!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if india and sri lanka are struggling to chase modest totals, what happens when the aussie batsmen - ie all of them bar clarke - get back in form?

i am loving these games actually, for once the bowlers are dominating.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
that boy can bowl like a machine. he really knows what to bowl and when. good news though, he is only 30. at aussies' retirement age, he still got another world cup in him.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Shame he hasnt had a chance in the test matches of recent times. Better bowler then shaun tait surely.

Snooty

HSC
India 8/239 - Sri Lanka 6/238

Awesome game, came down to the last over. We dont get many of those these days :(

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
newsflash http://content-www.cricinfo.com/baggygreen/content/story/337819.html

haddin, pup and johnson out of the ipl. they don't want to play so they can focus on their international career and moderate their workload. its a good move on their part, seeing they still got yongs to go. its especially smart on pup's part, seeing he is going for the vice captaincy against huss, and he's loyalty to ca probably plays a crucial part in this decision making. he is a sly devil, pup. good on them all.

the older players probably feel their playing days are coming to an end, so might as well earn as much as possible while they are still in demand. i can see their case.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
http://blogs.cricinfo.com/breakingnews/

i think the skill level of the player has less to do with the pricing, it is who the india's billion crowd want to see. i mean, fk me dead, the game's greatest leg spin bowler couldn't fetch more than harbhajan singh, that says something. the fact that the icon players always get the most money in the team is really screwed, 'cause whoever is the icon player for chenai or hyderabad must be so stoked he would have orgasmed.

i feel so ripped off for some of the better players.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
how the fuck does david hussey earn more then ricky ponting ?

lol @ overpriced indians though. 1 mill for irfan pathan lol.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
its to do with the timing. even tho ricky ponting is the worlds best batsman (tho the bowling to him has been brilliant this summer), he is due to go to pakistan at the same time as when the IPL begins (and thus is unlikely to play), hence has gone for a lower price

dhoni is the most popular cricketer in india

this whole auction has nothing to do with skill or experience, but popularity. lee went for a high price because he's big with the public (see bollywood video, movie)

williamc

HSC
I thought Tendulkar was a god in india?

Asin more popular then M.S Dhoni

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
he is an icon player.

justin langer only got 200k, people don't realise it but he can bat crazy if he wants to, too. mcgrath only got 350k, that is just unfair.

question tho, are these amounts for the duration of the 3years or annual salary?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I don't think mcgrath had played enough 20/20 games to warrant a huge investment (something like 2 international games?)

On another note, how good a summer has Sharma gotten...made it into the indian test team, has a decent tour and just got $950,000 to play in the IPL.

Real Madrid

HSC
Cricket Sucks lmao

Football ftw!

A league, EPL, SPL, Ligue 1, Bungesliga, Premiera Liga ftw!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)