CSSA 2006 Trial (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Riviet said:
The induction question (which my school edited out) looked really easy, I saw the method to proving it in my head!
Also that substitution they suggested in that resisted motion question was not that useful. I used a better substitution. :D
lol really?

the substitution worked well for me :)

but i couldnt do the second part of the mechanics question cause i think my brain was getting overloaded lol

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
My teacher said he made the exam, but I don't know if that's mean he actually wrote the questions or just taking it from various sources. However, I know he didn't take it from HSC past papers (from 2000), CSSA past papers (from 2001) and few books because I have tried them all. Maybe it is independent or CSSA 2006 I don't know. There is only one induction question though, about de Moivre's Theorem.

He let me take the question paper home because all of my class has done it. I think I will get around 70%. I left few questions here and there, and Question 8.

It starts of with simple combination questions, but I don't know what I did. I think I left it blank. It is this question.

8. a. i. In how many ways can 10 students be grouped into two teams of 5 to play basketball?

Too simple, yet I couldn't do it.

How do you these?
2. a. If y = 0 when x = 0 and (1 - x2)(dy/dx) = 2. Find x when y = 1.
(5 marks) - My teacher said the answer has e in it. What???
3. c. The complex number z = 1 - i
Find real numbers a and b such that az = 1 - (b / z)
(2 marks) - Note: I know it is something about equation real and imaginary part, but I get a = 0 which is wrong.

There are others. Am I allowed to scan the paper? But my connection is dial-up, it will take forever to upload... Probably after trial, when I can visit someone who has better connection... OK, thank you.

Wow, vafa, I believe you are really good at Math because I know someone from Iran and although he does only 3 unit, he can solve 4 unit problems with ease - he said he has done it before.

Last edited:

vafa

HSC
N/A
thanks for your comment and yes that is true

i have done most of the stuffs which we are studying in australia
and the other thing that if you study maths in iran then you will be so comfortable with four unit maths. 4 unit maths comaring to the maths which i have done in iran is nothing. students in iran do not bother themselves to find the modulus of a complex numbers they always have question like as we have as our last questions and as i said they need to memorise standard table of integrals and some trigonometric identities.

i am not really talented in maths but because i have done harder maths then now maths looks easy to me.

vafa

HSC
N/A
XcarvengerX said:
My teacher said he made the exam, but I don't know if that's mean he actually wrote the questions or just taking it from various sources. However, I know he didn't take it from HSC past papers (from 2000), CSSA past papers (from 2001) and few books because I have tried them all. Maybe it is independent or CSSA 2006 I don't know. There is only one induction question though, about de Moivre's Theorem.

He let me take the question paper home because all of my class has done it. I think I will get around 70%. I left few questions here and there, and Question 8.

It starts of with simple combination questions, but I don't know what I did. I think I left it blank. It is this question.

8. a. i. In how many ways can 10 students be grouped into two teams of 5 to play basketball?

Too simple, yet I couldn't do it.

How do you these?
3. c. The complex number z = 1 - i
Find real numbers a and b such that az = 1 - (b / z)
(2 marks) - Note: I know it is something about equation real and imaginary part, but I get a = 0 which is wrong.

There are others. Am I allowed to scan the paper? But my connection is dial-up, it will take forever to upload... Probably after trial, when I can visit someone who has better connection... OK, thank you.

Wow, vafa, I believe you are really good at Math because I know someone from Iran and although he does only 3 unit, he can solve 4 unit problems with ease - he said he has done it before.

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->XcarvengerX<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2492273", true); </SCRIPT> , would you like to study maths extension 2 with me?

because i am the only one who is doing maths extension 2 in my class and i really need someone to study with. i mean if you like we can study in a library. i can come to parramatta or blacktown library or any library which is close by...

Trev

stix
HSC
XcarvengerX said:
How do you these?
2a)
(1 - x2)(dy/dx) = 2
dy/dx=2/(1-x2)
y= int. [1/(1-x) + 1/(1+x)].dx
y=-ln|1-x|+ln|1+x| + C = ln|(1+x)/(1-x)| + C
When y=0, x=0: 0 = ln|1| + C; C=0.
y=ln|(1+x)/(1-x)|
When y=1
1=ln|(1+x)/(1-x)|
e=(1+x)/(1-x) etc.

YBK

HSC
vafa said:
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->XcarvengerX<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2492273", true); </SCRIPT> , would you like to study maths extension 2 with me?

because i am the only one who is doing maths extension 2 in my class and i really need someone to study with. i mean if you like we can study in a library. i can come to parramatta or blacktown library or any library which is close by...
lol ... we study 4u in blacktown library :D

vafa

HSC
N/A
can i join you guys YBk please?

because i do not have a competitor and i really would like to study with other students to share our knowledges

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
This is rigged, I would like to study with other people too lol.

Meh, looks like its just me and my class of 3 pulling it off, I guess thats what happens when you live in a town with 3 highschools, well I guess 3 isnt too bad.

Meh,
Question 8 a) We had done a Question in the same format except with different angles and some harder stuff.
I CANT BELIEVE HOW SIMPLE PART III WAS, As soon as my teacher saw me I was like .....OFJSIKDLFJSDLF:JSD:LFKJSD...YOU SERIOUS. But yeah
I Loved the resisted motion question *counts fingers* Mmmmm 9 marks

H

housemouse

Whenever a questions tells you show something and then asks you to follow their way of doing it, it confuses me especially the third part of the resisted motion question. No idea how to integrate that whilst substuting u^2 = v

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For that resisted motion question, I used u = 1 + v1/2, which worked really well. Too bad I didn't have enough time to finish off the second integration and the last part of that question.

YBK

HSC
vafa said:
can i join you guys YBk please?

because i do not have a competitor and i really would like to study with other students to share our knowledges
yeah sure :D

we go there every thursday after maths class
so that's around 3:20 we're in the library

vafa

HSC
N/A
thank you so much. so i will meet you in the libarary on thursday...

but where about the libarary? are you going to be in study rooms?

YBK

HSC
vafa said:
thank you so much. so i will meet you in the libarary on thursday...

but where about the libarary? are you going to be in study rooms?
usually not in the study rooms. Meet us in the area where it's for group discussion. what school do you go to? We go to patrician brothers blacktown.. (blue blazer, white shirt, blue tie...) just so you'll know when you find us :D

Lizcat

HSC
someone posted up a site that uploaded the cssa2006 maths e2 paper.. and becoz we've only just done it on monday.. i dont think some people have actually sat it.. however.. i just looked at what i know i didnt do.. and i extimate a mark of 60's for me.. ohwells.. im totally stuffed..
i screwed up every single exam.. not even one in the freaking 80%.. i just cant believe it.. the highest so far.. is freaking physics.. and that mark isnt even impressive!!.. (although i did improve by 10%.. but that doesnt matter.. coz i suck)
even chem is stuffed!! (im in denial with my mark.. i knew most things.. and i just didnt write it.. whats wrong with me!!.. i should have gotten 7 more marks.. but even with that 7 extra marks its not that good)

bboyelement

HSC
i got 90/120 in the neap one omfg ... should i go kill myself because this chick who accelerated 2 grades beat me by 1 mark im so fuking depressed rite now ... man i would have pulled 100 if i didnt make so many stupid mistakes.... i didnt attempt the circles and didnt finish the integration ... now that i rank 2nd out of 4 ... i just have a feeling of not continuing on ... since if i go really good in the hsc i would just be helping that chick to gain higher marks not that it bothers me but what if she fuks up the hsc ... and all my effort will go down the drain ... i seriously hate this ranking crap ... it sux

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bboyelement said:
i got 90/120 in the neap one omfg ... should i go kill myself because this chick who accelerated 2 grades beat me by 1 mark im so fuking depressed rite now ... man i would have pulled 100 if i didnt make so many stupid mistakes.... i didnt attempt the circles and didnt finish the integration ... now that i rank 2nd out of 4 ... i just have a feeling of not continuing on ... since if i go really good in the hsc i would just be helping that chick to gain higher marks not that it bothers me but what if she fuks up the hsc ... and all my effort will go down the drain ... i seriously hate this ranking crap ... it sux
Have some faith in her... and yourself too. Now's the time to work with her, not against her. ;)

By the way, nice work!

Last edited:

YBK

HSC
bboyelement said:
90/120!!! wow!

dont worry about her.. think of it this way, if she did well in this exam, there's no reason she'll do bad in the HSC. And even if she does... I don't think it'll affect ur results that much :)!

H

housemouse

It works out in the end anyway.
If you both get marks that high and similar to each other, you two would get E4s anyway and accelerants are meant to be pretty good as well.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Everybody can bequiet right now...........

I got my results back......Its time to start eating some knives
50/120...............FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRK

Tottally stuffed up 2 questions, like the whole damn questions. I dont know what the hell i am going to do. So stooged.
Time for some major Revision

90/120......wow thats sick, keep it up. Atleast you only got beatan by 1 mark, sure you can bring that back.

Well GG

50/120 omg *Tears start to well*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)