CSSA Chemistry Trials (1 Viewer)

HSC
I thought it was pretty good actually :)
I had 40 mins left :| and i don't think any questions were taken out.
Ahh, why do i always finish so early??? The option (forensics) was hardest i guess.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
EPIC FAIL.

we had to do the shipwrecks option
and all weve done on it was an excursion to the maritime museum
our teacher hasnt even done into the textbook stuff yet
alot of it was guesswork
and we got an errata for it which had like two 6 marker questions
i guessed both of em :|

like i said

EPIC FAIL.

byebye rank :'( *waves hankerchief*

EvoRevolution

HSC
I thought the exam was alright, multiple choice was a bit tricky for me, but the short answer and long response i though were fairly simple, but aliitle of the detail for some questions stuffed me over

EvoRevolution

HSC
what did every1 get for that combustion of ethanol question in the multiple choice, where it asked for the amount of energy per tonne.

jet

Banned
HSC
what did every1 get for that combustion of ethanol question in the multiple choice, where it asked for the amount of energy per tonne.
I don't really remember it, but I have a vague vague recollection of 'c)'. It was a mole ratio thing.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
What WERE the questions...?

esp the sulfate shittin my self guys!

shaon0

HSC
I don't really remember it, but I have a vague vague recollection of 'c)'. It was a mole ratio thing.
I got D) lol. Because if you use the equation. You find you have to multiply it by 2. But I could be wrong. What did everyone get for the radiation one?

kwabon

Banned
HSC
that test wasnt hard at all .... only that multiple choice question about propanol thing was tricky rest everything was not hard at all.

sigh ..... should have studies more .... oh well.:mad:

now only exams i have to worry about is ext 2 and physics :jaw:

jet

Banned
HSC
I got D) lol. Because if you use the equation. You find you have to multiply it by 2. But I could be wrong. What did everyone get for the radiation one?
I got Iodine. It was 2 half lives (from the 25%) and there was newspaper, so the one emitting alpha radiation wouldn't have penetrated.

dunny12

HSC
Yeah, i got iodine as well.

A few of the questions is Chem of Art stuffed me up thou.
And im not really good with calculations so goodbye 6 marks.

But overall it was alot easier than i expected.

astroe

HSC
I picked D out of dumb logic. I was like, well, if its more environmentally friendly there must be more energy per tonne outputted, or something along those lines. And the only answer bigger than the one given in the question was D. LOL!

I got Iodine. It was 2 half lives (from the 25%) and there was newspaper, so the one emitting alpha radiation wouldn't have penetrated.
Yeah, agreed.
Wait I'm not sure it was Iodine or not but its the one with 14-day half life and emitting Beta radiation.

As for the Beta Decay one, I got Actinium 227.
Agreed?

EvoRevolution

HSC
I picked D out of dumb logic. I was like, well, if its more environmentally friendly there must be more energy per tonne outputted, or something along those lines. And the only answer bigger than the one given in the question was D. LOL!

Agreed?
umm, i'm not sure but if the ethanol is more evironmental friendly wouldn't it produce less co2 per tonne.

I calculated D) but was not sure so ipicked B

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
What was the cathode wasnt it the platinum? and the hydrogen was reduced?

You know the isotopes question, remeber how it said, name the possible isotopes ( notice the plural), does that mean, if I named both the isotopes with the 14 day half life I can still get the 2 marks?

astroe

HSC
umm, i'm not sure but if the ethanol is more evironmental friendly wouldn't it produce less co2 per tonne.

I calculated D) but was not sure so ipicked B
That's what I mean.
If you get more energy from 1 tonne of Ethanol than 1 ton of "Whatever-Hydrocarbon" that means you can use less Ethanol to achieve the same amount of energy as 1 tonne of the "Whatever-Hydrocarbon" would.
Hence, less of the substance used/combusted = Less CO2.

Abstract thinking but better than me leaving it blank, haha. >.<"

You know the isotopes question, remeber how it said, name the possible isotopes ( notice the plural), does that mean, if I named both the isotopes with the 14 day half life I can still get the 2 marks?
It said Isotopes? :eek:
But I'm sure it's just the Beta radiation/14 day half life one. D:

Last edited:

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
ohman i hate been stupid i put down the one with 14 days that emitted alpha particles. why? because in the exam i thought to myself that beta radiation can't posssible decay a rock the atom would run out of neutrons!! omg only now do i realise that there would of been lots of atoms!!!!! its a freaking whole rock for God's sake.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah, agreed.
Wait I'm not sure it was Iodine or not but its the one with 14-day half life and emitting Beta radiation.

As for the Beta Decay one, I got Actinium 227.
Agreed?
it was Pa because with beta decay the atomic number goes up.

shaon0

HSC
The intensity part threw me off as it's intensity changed by 4 fold. It's a weird Question. I put Na-24 because i didn't know the relationship between half-life and intensity plus i though Beta would be stopped by a few sheets of newspaper :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)