CSSA Chemistry Trials (1 Viewer)

Shizzlester

HSC
A Note from the Moderators:
Please keep in mind not to give out the actual questions or a copy of the paper as there are copyright issues, not the mention the fact that some students may do the same paper as you at a different date and it is still within the security period.

:( My chemistry rank is gone. How did everyone else go? Multiple choice was alright, but the short answers questions and longer response questions screwed me over :spzz:. Discuss which specific questions troubled you so we can furiously debate and get this thread started! :D.

And who did the shipwrecks option? FML, band 3 here I come.

Last edited by a moderator:

aimzlouise

HSC
well i finished at least :) unlike some other people in my class.. i did every question...

I did the shipwreck option i found it ok i guess... it was interesting to say the least... how did u like the graph at the end?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
More than enough time since the teacher took out Industrial Chemistry and it was still a three hour exam.

jet

Banned
HSC
I didn't think it was bad at all. I nearly didn't finish however.

We haven't done the solvay process so that question was rewritten, and it was nearly exactly the same as the question on the production of NaOH, but with 'assess' instead of 'evaluate'. It was so stupid.

Overall, I'm happy.

astroe

HSC
It was okay, I just left out the fertilizer sulfate content question but I did everything else.
I've seen the SOMETHING DELETED LOL question before, the EXACT SAME one. :O

So that was practically free marks.

Last edited:

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
People are yet to do the test so maybe dont discuss questions you had difficulty with specifically ...

Last edited:

jackc91

rumpleshit
HSC
I thought it was fair hard, had to bullshit for a lot of it.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I did shipwrecks... what the hell was the freshwater crap??? That's not even in the syllabus!

And with the core i think i screwed up that platinum/nickel galvanic question... i completely didn't see the hydrogen tube ><"

Thanks heavens i read about membrane filters and the production of nitrogen/sulfur oxides just last night XD

Last edited:

tanna

HSC
And with the core i think i screwed up that platinum/nickel galvanic question... i completely didn't the the hydrogen tube ><"
Jeeez me too! Had no idea... what did people put for the reasons question after? Or is that not allowed to be discussed?

But it was pretty okay I thought :) Still probably screwed up though haha. Forensic chem had a question with the word infallible, and due to my poor grasp of the english language I bullshitted on about DNA which turned out to answer the question quite nicely :)

lisarh

HSC
It was ok. Not that hard but some questions were tricky. And time was a big issue for me

Zantico

HSC
The weird 5 marker about ionisation and the propanol per tonne question -.-

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hehe, i'm glad that my brain clicked for the ionisation and i think i got the propanol multiple right... i put d but my friend got b ><"

fistynoodles

HSC
at least you didnt miss an entire question....industrial chem last q. just didnt see it

doggieslover

HSC
Funny
I didn't find it easy, but I had plenty of time to spare. And my teacher didn't take out any questions. I defineitly stuffed up the foresics option. Forgot a lot.

But i really should be studying for Modern History tomorrow

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Funny
I didn't find it easy, but I had plenty of time to spare. And my teacher didn't take out any questions. I defineitly stuffed up the foresics option. Forgot a lot.

Same here XD

at least you didnt miss an entire question....industrial chem last q. just didnt see it
oO

Ppen

HSC
Overall fair paper, except for a few questions (i.e sulfate% in fertliser -___-, 5marker about the ph drop and galvanic cell)

jet

Banned
HSC
I didn't really find that ionisation one weird. The one with the table? We did one just like that in our half yearlies, and its in the syllabus.

Ppen

HSC
Funny

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me... this one is not going to be fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)